Mutant Hi-hat decay glitching. Bad vactrol?

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, infradead, hexinverter

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Mutant Hi-hat decay glitching. Bad vactrol?

Post by skylab001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:31 pm

My open hat decay has been Glitching for a bit. It was fine for a couple of years. It’s the DIY version. [/quote]I want to get it working again but I can’t quite nail down the problem. It’s doesn't happen all the time. I believe it might be a bad vactrol or a bad trimmer. What happens occasionally is that the decay on the open hat will automatically stick open 100% regardless of what is happening at the CV input or the decay knob. Sometimes it slowly opens and eventually closes again over time. Other times it happens quick and sticks open. I’ve found that turning the decay trimmer down on the back will sometimes help. It’s not a difficult fix to just order a vactrol and a new trimmer but I’d like to narrow down what could be the cause before I go ordering random parts. Any ideas what I should be checking?

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:38 am

Radio Silence

skylab001
Common Wiggler

Post by skylab001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Does anybody have a schematic for this? Looks like I’m on my own and need to get it sorted. Any help is appreciated.

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”