MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Serge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 40, 41, 42  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Serge
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FT: braids for shapeshifter
tta
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok fellows, I don't have any front panels to show you yet, but i can share some of the progress we've made on this project:

I have been talking to Serge for sometime now about making the Serge system in eurorack. It all started when I introduce him to our Stackcables, he loved it and said that very few people are aware of how shielded patchcords would enhance modules such as the Serge VCFs, VCAs, Ring Mod, which are already ultra low noise. He continued by saying that with shielded patchords, the modules will
attain studio quality performance. I guess that from that point  it was obvious, we are going to start a new Serge system in the best format in town, eurocrack.

Guinness ftw!

So this is how it's going to work, all modules will be:

1. Original Serge designs

2. Serge color coded jacks

3. Serge original fonts and graphics, work flow

Or in other words; the whole Serge experience.

Those who have/had a Serge know what i'm talking about. This is fun!

For starters, we are looking at making the Smooth and Stepped Generator (SSG) with added randomization, the Dual Slope Generator (DUSG) and the Wilson Analog Delay (WAD).

The fact that we are going to design all these from scratch give us the option to add features, but it is totally up to Serge to decide that.  It is going to be his system and his ideas.

On the WAD we are working directly with Dave Wilson and hopefully we could figure out how to implement it with available parts.

The whole thing takes a very long time; Serge is a busy man so please be patient. I'm sure it is going to be worth the wait. It's a great joy seeing Serge drawing schematics again, and I will do my best to make it available for all of us to use.

w00t

sausmatoe
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy SHIT!!!!!

SlayerBadger!

polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least there will be less 'what modules will make my Euro like a Serge?' threads lol

Congratulations, Gur! Sounds like a great opportunity.

jbartee
special stage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW! This is incredibly exciting.
hpsounds
the french icelander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serge was one of the main reasons I went into modular, but at that time I could not afford a Serge Modular. Now having it in eurorack format is a "dream comes true" !!!

Wow! Clap w00t we're not worthy

Hédi K.

hawaii8
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dead Banana
stellvia
Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think TipTop Audio just became the coolest kid on the block woah woah we're not worthy we're not worthy

Looking forward to it immensely SlayerBadger!

richard
bananaphile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

holy shit indeed

Serge is still the best conceived and best sounding complete system in modular as far as I am concerned. If we can choose between euro/stackable and 4U/banana (CGS/DIY or STS) in the future then that is pure win win win.

My plea - don't make these things too small, improve on the original designs where possible/relevant. add attenuators where needed. Make this the pinnacle of analogue!

the very best of luck to everyone involved!

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's WADs up! hihi

Gotta say I'm psyched for the WAD. Those serge guys make it out to be the best part of serge systems!

Now that that's out of the way...

TKB?

FT: braids for shapeshifter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 40, 41, 42  Next [all]
Page 10 of 42

Jump to: