MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[SOLD OUT] Full Dual 258J Euro Kits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author [SOLD OUT] Full Dual 258J Euro Kits
norbwuertz
Monobass wrote:
Yeah that was Clarkes original design which included the mooted BeautyOfDecay Timbre board... But that Timbre project didn't really seem to go anywhere so Clarke went for the dual oscillator as pictured in the first post of this thread.

Hopefully within a couple of months there will be a kit of the RomanF Timbre clone from the original Buchla Music Easel (very similar to the 259 Timbre section) Clarke is working on a panel for that as we speak thumbs up Add a couple of VCAs and you have the same functionality as the original Mutant panel idea.

Splitting it out is more modular, a lot easier to build and much friendlier to shallower Euro cases.

Allright it all makes sense now. I've never seen this panel before and thought it was a recent design which already included the Roman /buchla timbre section. I was suprised that Clarke came up with it so quickly.

+1 on splitting it out.
Are there gonna be component kits only for the timbre section as well?
I am contemplating if I should get the PCB from Roman already or wait for your kit.
Monobass
Yeah I don't see why there won't be component kits for Roman's Timbre board too.
norbwuertz
thumbs up
monstrinho
synthcube wrote:
for frac folks, here are quick rough pics of the prototype dual 258 that will be available

Nice, but I'm wondering what the clearance is for the knobs and panel text? I use Cwejman knobs on all my Frac stuff, so I'm wondering if they will obscure the panel text? They are the same size as the Rean knobs Blacet uses.
synthcube
Both the knobs shown and the Blacet Rean knobs are 16mm diameter, so we located the text to clear that diameter as well as the Davies knobs, for people who prefer those.
Monobass
Cwejman knobs are 16mm at the base so you should be fine.
johnnymayer
anyone have any idea of the depth when this modules all built and finished?

hoping it's around ~70mm or so.
johnnymayer
also,

if anyone has a full scale pdf mock up of the front panel, i'd love to take a look at it.

considering doing my own panel for it.
Monobass
johnnymayer wrote:
anyone have any idea of the depth when this modules all built and finished?

hoping it's around ~70mm or so.

I think that's reasonable. I imagine with a lot of hard work (and frankly luck) you might get it down to 50-60 but it would be a headfuck with the wiring.
johnnymayer
50-60 would be absolutely awesome,
but i'd live if it were no deeper than 70.
Kakihara
Hey! Anyone knows if there's a chance of having kits for the 258 j

or just the boards?

I remember there was talk about having them at thonk but haven't seen anything

g.
Monobass
I'll have full component kits for sale within 1-2 weeks. Full Euro kits still planned for but taking longer to finalise.
Kakihara
oh cool! I just need 4 boards and the components actually... I already have two faceplates wink

I'll check your website regularely wink

g.
m0rb1d
Monobass wrote:
I'll have full component kits for sale within 1-2 weeks. Full Euro kits still planned for but taking longer to finalise.

just saw this, awesome!
Monobass
work in progress on the component kits, I've also spoken to J3RK about doing something similar for his 291 board in the future.

Monobass
oh and I just solved another part of the kit that I didn't have a good solution I was happy with until now.... single use sachets of heatsink paste for coupling the Tempco/THAT 340 IC thumbs up

Monobass
Also with my next order of PCBs I have coming from J3RK he's sending a stuffed board he's put together and tuned to test the latest PCB tweaks (just some minor fixes).

I hope to do some documentation and scope shots, some voltage measurements etc of it's 'normal' operation. If anyone has any particular requests on that then let me know.
johnnymayer
RADICAL!

i'm stoked these are coming together!

looking forward to picking a kit up!!!
sanssoma259
Great work. Put me down for a complete full kit!
Any ideas on the prices yet?
Monobass
I won't know the price until I'm ready to start shipping.
sanssoma259
Can't wait! Rogan knobs in Blue or Red would be great...
Monobass
Good progress, PCB parts kits all together and the waveshape waveform is looking just like the original. More testing tomorrow. The format agnostic PCB parts kits will be available very soon.

Brunstein
Great Steve! Very excited about getting one of these kits.
Monobass
A quick demo

[s]http://soundcloud.com/thonksynth/thonk-258j-pcb-parts-kit-quick[/s]
Brunstein
Wow!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 7 of 17