MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New line of modules from eowave
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New line of modules from eowave
mha

Here's some more details: eowave TITAN

Front panel graphics seem to be in french...
ferran
Good looking and nice sounds ! hyper
Tombola
Love the French labels
allert
Nice prices too!
elektrokick
Nice prices too thumbs up

edit: ^jinx
mha
Hm, that is actually quite cheap... 99EUR for a VCO w. octave switch, sync, pwm, fm and two outputs.
LoveBot
wonderful aesthetic, good prices... what's the catch?!
jonne74
Oscillator is 5HP. Just saying. I'm guessing this has to do with the little case. Both the oscillator and filter look beautiful w00t
radiokoala
Goddamn two syncable!! LFOs with digital noise, random squares and random triangles and 5 more waveforms for EU 66 (EU79 VAT) ?!

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
LoveBot
^
Yeah, this beats any comparable LFO on the market (e.g. Pittsburgh Modular LFO2)
LoveBot
which makes me think, there are a few other parallels with PM stuff...seems like they are taking a similar business model.
usw
Not expensive at all, the low-pass sounds fast, well behaved and round, but why did they go for this terrible french naming convention ? it's not even consistent (for example the sustain stage of the adsr should be called soutien, and repos would have been more appropriate than relâche etc...) seriously, i just don't get it
radiokoala

Isolde and Isobelle
I only have any experience of eowave's controllers... but, this is an interesting development in regards to the pricing.

Who knows where it will lead...
EnricoGaruda
very good, i like the sound, wonder when we will see more of the orage magnetique
Entrainer
Quote:
Capsule Titan is a station composed of 7 modules:

- 2 TITAN discrete oscillators
- 1 MAGNETOSPHERE: 24 dB discrete filter
- 1 SOMMATEUR – ATTENUATEUR: mixer
- 1 A. D. discrete amp
- 1 RAYONNEMENT envelope
-1 ZONE B.F. : 2 x LFOs
- MIDI interface
The Capsule Titan comes in a ½ rack format aluminium case with MIDI interface and 10 patch cables.
Price : 699 euros incl. VAT / 549 euros (without case, no MIDI interface, no patch cables)

without VAT, it's $787 USD with midi, case, power, 10 cables...
that's pretty competitive with non-modular like Boomstar, etc.

Ultimately not for me, but fascinating.
HOWEVER, the A.D. discrete VCA looks cool, nice to have a 0-10V VCA.

BTW- I don't know about France, but in the States... Titan means BIG! hihi
eole
sounds like good news smile
Summa
woah! I'm in the market for an LFO and these looks great! 5HP and it'll sit nicely next to my TWF hihi
mapmap
I want that dual LFO
DonKartofflo
damn. i know I am asking too much but if the oscillators had sines or at least tris, I would already have ordered two.
the filter sounds nice as well although not very special.

prices are amazing. If only this would have been available when I got into modular...
Summa
yeah I agree, VCO's with only Saw and Square are not happening for me, but for 99€ it's hard to beat, espcially if you're into PWM w00t
Kakihara
PUTAIN!!!applause

Sounds good and I'm gonna get those just to have the french labels razz
stromcat
Just added Zone BF to modulargrid. Found a better res image on their FTP - not exactly winning awards for web design despite making cool modules...! http://modulargrid.net/e/eowave-zone-b-f
radiokoala
Can you create (sort of) a bassline when you have LFO with sync? Knowing this one goes up to 390 hz, would it have had CV rate that would be simple, but I guess sync/reset is kinda different thing and I don't know if it can have an effect on pitch or is it only phase-mod/added harmonics whereas fundamental frequency doesn't really change... Thanks if anyone knows, curious to know. 8_)
hermes
time for new lfo!
ben_hex
Wonder if the LFO is a proper clock sync or just reset. Reset I presume. And 5 HP d'oh!

That said, great price
Nantonos
stromcat wrote:
Just added Zone BF to modulargrid. Found a better res image on their FTP - not exactly winning awards for web design despite making cool modules...! http://modulargrid.net/e/eowave-zone-b-f

Agreed (and their ftp site seems not to accept usual guest/guest auth). Also they are doing the wierd 'drop all accents for uppercase but keep them for lowercase' thing, presumably their website was developed on a manual typewriter or something.

Modulkar square seems to have better resolution images available than eowave themselves. For example

Titan

Magnétosphère
Nantonos
Okay I added the remaining modules to modulargrid, along with translations (and expansion of french abbreviations).
beyourdog
Their range of sensors is pretty fantastic too:

http://www.eowave.com/shop/products.php?type0=sen&clear=type1
Etan
Just ordered yesterday Eowave EO-311 along with pressure and position sensors but didn't know they also have other modular stuff. LFO sure looks very nice considering the price.
BuxtonTheEvilBlueCat
Nice! Interesting looking set of modules. I wonder what the range is on the OSC? That dual LFO is attracting my wallet too!
Nantonos
BuxtonTheEvilBlueCat wrote:
Nice! Interesting looking set of modules. I wonder what the range is on the OSC? That dual LFO is attracting my wallet too!

The frequency seems to be controlled by three things: a knob, a switch and a jack

• "Densité des brumes" = Frequency +/- 15 semitones
    • "switch -2>0" = switchable two octave drop
    • "Entrée CT (Entrée Contrôlée en Tension)" = 1 Volt/octave CV

However the actual range at which it will track is not specified. Nor is it clear that this is meant to be a general purpose oscillator (for which precise tracking to generate in-tune harmonic music would be a requirement).
shortsleeves
stromcat wrote:
Also they are doing the wierd 'drop all accents for uppercase but keep them for lowercase' thing, presumably their website was developed on a manual typewriter or something.

From what I remember from my school years of learning French, it's supposed to be this way (the accents bit, not the typewriter bit). 8_)
Paranormal Patroler
Etan wrote:
Just ordered yesterday Eowave EO-311 along with pressure and position sensors but didn't know they also have other modular stuff. LFO sure looks very nice considering the price.

Hey man, please give me some feedback regarding those as I'm really interested in buying a pair of 311 and sensors myself. Do the sensors come with pre-installed cables to plug them in the module?
oscillateur
shortsleeves wrote:
stromcat wrote:
Also they are doing the wierd 'drop all accents for uppercase but keep them for lowercase' thing, presumably their website was developed on a manual typewriter or something.

From what I remember from my school years of learning French, it's supposed to be this way (the accents bit, not the typewriter bit). 8_)

The website is quite bad but this is indeed the proper way to write french. Accents on uppercase letters are for barbarians hihi .

I'm more interested in what seems to be a fuzz module (Germania 241) but there is no page for this one...

I might very well get some of these when I'll go back to France for christmas... It's peanut butter jelly time!
Taco Belly
DonKartofflo wrote:

prices are amazing. If only this would have been available when I got into modular...

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Nantonos
shortsleeves wrote:
stromcat wrote:

In fact, no. It used to be commonly that way (out of necessity, because that was what a manual typewriter did) and in consequence, non-French-speaking people seeing printed French especially in the mid 20th century believed that it was 'supposed to be like that'. This view is receeding as better printing technologies have brought modern printed French back up to the typographic standard of 19th centurey printed French smile

Sorry for the digression.
Nantonos
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Etan wrote:

Hey man, please give me some feedback regarding those as I'm really interested in buying a pair of 311 and sensors myself. Do the sensors come with pre-installed cables to plug them in the module?

From my experience, eowave sensors do come with cables (and when i ordered some they wrote me back to question the order because i had some for one system and some for another).

I told them it was fine (which was nicer than saying, "I'm not using your expensive controllers so I actually going to slice off the connectors"). Those eobody controllers seem to be discontinued now.
Nantonos
Accidentally found even larger photo
http://www.mesi.fr/product_img/eowave_titanmodules_b.jpg
slimenbones
These are speaking my language. They are also speaking French which is cool. I hope they're speaking good oscillator tracking too...
Etan
Etan wrote:

Yes sure, I will report back when I test it.

Yes, the sensors come with cable with 3,5mm jack but you have to specify with order which type of jacks you want.
Paranormal Patroler
Nantonos wrote:
Etan wrote:

From my experience, eowave sensors do come with cables (and when i ordered some they wrote me back to question the order because i had some for one system and some for another).

I told them it was fine (which was nicer than saying, "I'm not using your expensive controllers so I actually going to slice off the connectors"). Those eobody controllers seem to be discontinued now.

Sorry man, I'm not getting you fully. My question was whether the sensors come with cables that have a 1/8" jack in the end so I can plug them on the Eowave sensor-to-cv module directly or if I need to cut and make my own. That would be stupid really although not a major downer.

edit

d'oh! answered by Etan
Etan
By default sensors come with cables that have 1/4" jacks, but you can specify with your order you want 1/8" jacks instead to use it with EO-311.
Entrainer
I got response from EOWAVE re: Zone B.F. Dual LFO

Voltage swing is +/- 5V (total 10V)
talfred
I like that the jacks are underneath the knobs!
jjsynth
Does anybody have more information about the sequencer that seems to be integrated in the midi interface?
stk
LFO looks cool, but appears to be not CV-able. That's a shame seriously, i just don't get it
eowave
Hi everyone. I'm Emmanuelle from Eowave. Just saw these posts and questions. I can try to bring some lights.
- TITAN oscillator range is from 1 Hz to 6 kHz.
- about the EO-310 and EO-311 and sensors, yes, sensors come with mini jacks.
- Germania 241 will be available in 2 weeks. I'll update the page next week.

Feel free to contact me if you have tech questions.
Paranormal Patroler
Welcome Emmanuelle!
asteroid anxiety
I ordered the capsule. I was going to get a Pittsburgh Cell, but this is prettier and I liked the space talk.
Soundifferent
Add the 310/311 and some sensors. Modular control heaven!
Nice job eowave! nanners
wavehead
eowave wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm Emmanuelle from Eowave. Just saw these posts and questions. I can try to bring some lights.
- TITAN oscillator range is from 1 Hz to 6 kHz.
- about the EO-310 and EO-311 and sensors, yes, sensors come with mini jacks.
- Germania 241 will be available in 2 weeks. I'll update the page next week.

Feel free to contact me if you have tech questions.

i too am curious what the 1v/oct tracking range is for the titan (does it to 3-4 octaves?), but not critically important as a pair of square/saw VCOs like that would probably be sticking to bass duties for me (although this could be a nice contender for something like the FM Aid or Megawave as well)

so i'm guessing the ZONE B.F. is two digital LFOs? what is the bit-rate of the waves? looks great.

would love to see another VCA fit onto the A.D. panel (with one less mod input maybe)... or something like a simple AR envelope. i think i will probably get one of these and the LFO, but if i was in euro i would grip a bunch these are really great prices.
vav
I played with the Eowave system a lot at NAMM in January...really dug their stuff, the sensor system is far and away the coolest and most resonably priced input system i've seen for euro.

Nice to see these are single modules now, they were part of a semi modular system at NAMM. Hopefully they do their delay too.
Nantonos
asteroid anxiety wrote:
I ordered the capsule. I was going to get a Pittsburgh Cell, but this is prettier and I liked the space talk.

Be sure to post your impressions once you get it?
Nantonos
wavehead wrote:

so i'm guessing the ZONE B.F. is two digital LFOs? what is the bit-rate of the waves? looks great.

I'm not seeing anything on the modular grid entry or product page to indicate this is a digital oscillator. Given that the rest are analog (even discrete) and that there is no 5V current draw reported, I would be surprised if this was a digital LFO.

Edit: on the other hand, +12V draw is much more than -12V (so maybe an onboard +5V regulator), and there is 'digital noise'.
wavehead
looks a lot like the electric druid LFO stuff and probably uses that chip... in any case who cares, looks cool.
davidh
applause looks good, simple modules

even bigger one at mesi website :

http://www.mesi.fr/page_produits.php?mark=Eowave

check this picture http://www.mesi.fr/product_img/eowave_titanmodules_b.jpg something wonderful
eowave
Hi everyone!

Concerning the TITAN module (VCA), the 1v/oct tracking range is 4 to 5 oct.
Concerning the ZONE B.F. Dual LFO, these are digital LFO because they allow more different waveforms possibilities than an analog would have.
The bit depth is 10 bit, the sample rate is around 32 kHz.

Marc posted a video explaining the LFO on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeV38JIeVeg
It's in French, but I'll put some subtitles in English as soon as I find the right way to do it.

The code of the chip is different than the electric druid. It's home made.

About the delay, since the SpaceBug (way ago), we have a bunch of different delay types in our drawers. We'll try to get some ready in the coming months.

I hope that I've answered all your questions for now. If you have more, I'm always here.
modintx
Does anyone know if these modules are available or going to be available in the US from AH or the other US based dealers or is this a web purchase only and ship from France biz model?

Thanks.
vav
Noisebug carries Eowave modules.
modintx
Thank you vav

Guinness ftw!
taylor12k
not many of them though. just some earlier sensor ones.

http://www.noisebug.net/site/eowave/index.cfm?ID=5

i'm very interested in that LFO.. may just order it from their website then.

edit: went to order LFO on their site and they're charging 48 euros for shipping!!

they say it may be lower.. but i guess i have to contact them first...

vav wrote:
Noisebug carries Eowave modules.
felixer
looks good applause esp that sensormodule seems like a smart move. i might grab that dual lfo too ...
isn't it amazing, all those french synthpeople surfacing recently thumbs up
taylor12k
has anyone heard from this company? I got no response from my email to them. I'd like to order the LFO but don't believe it costs 48 euros to send one to the US. if they can charge fair shipping rates ill order one but I can't get in touch with them!
felixer
i send an email to info@eowave.com and got a reply within 24 hours. shipping of one module (=less then 1 kg) to germany turns out to be 15 euro incl tracking and insurance. not cheap, but fair.
eowave have been around for years making all sorts of controllers. reputable company. i don't expect any problems. but as usual with the french they concentrate on their own/local market (hence the french legending).
maybe hassle some local shop/importer to get their stuff in stock? german importer is only selling the complete systems atm but that might change ... i called schneiders and they wheren't aware that eowave is also making/selling modules. they promised to look into it 8_)
btw dual lfo/zone b.f. is in stock and ready to ship. not vapourware thumbs up
Nantonos
felixer wrote:
called schneiders and they wheren't aware that eowave is also making/selling modules. they promised to look into it 8_)

eek! you would think outlets like schneiders would be looking at modulargrid on a daily basis to see what is new confused meh
Nantonos
felixer wrote:

eowave have been around for years making all sorts of controllers. reputable company. i don't expect any problems. but as usual with the french they concentrate on their own/local market (hence the french legending).

Hopefully they model their tech support and user interaction after a French company like Mutable Instruments (clueful) rather than a French company like Arturia (clueless)
apemandan
I've seperately ordered the LFO and mixer/attenuater and both have arrived quickly and packaged well... thumbs up

Well made modules..i'm happy
Guinness ftw!
Etan
Also ordered couple of sensors and EO-311 from Eowave. The shipping and handling costs were very high but I am really satisfied with their products.
KONTAKT1968
Yes I bought 2 BF lfos
quick delivery to the U.K
really pleased gives me a 4 lfos IN 8 HP. love
exper
KONTAKT1968 wrote:
Yes I bought 2 BF lfos
quick delivery to the U.K
really pleased gives me a 4 lfos IN 8 HP. love

I think you meant 10 hp right? They're 5hp each!
KONTAKT1968
OOPS yes 10hp its the same size as my Ginko tt lfo , less features but 4x lfos!
ben_hex
KONTAKT1968 wrote:
OOPS yes 10hp its the same size as my Ginko tt lfo , less features but 4x lfos!

The TapLFO from GINKO is great for syncing up my whole set up with the computer but ... 4 LFOs in the same space! Damn!

Been looking at the Mutable "Peaks" 4 LFOs clockable, kick and snare generator or ADSR that's a lot of functionality and 2 would be 16hp.
Summa
wohoo both of my local dealers are getting all modules next week! I started with the LFO, I have high hopes for it! (Also it fits perfectly in an empty 5HP hole in my 6U) applause applause
mkndr
This thread is unwieldy, but yes - the price point certainly makes it worth it. Been seeing a lot of inexpensive oscs pop up this year ...
joshuagoran
Does anyone know yet if the Zone LFO is actually trigger/clock-syncing or if it just has a reset? I'm presuming it's a reset because that's how it is referred to on their site, but it's drawing a comparisons to the various TTLFOs but might not be the exact same type of syncing.
eowave
Hi everyone! Concerning the ZONE B.F., it's a reset.
mr hoodee
Got my Zone BF today. Really happy with it, fast, safe delivery and good build quality. I am going to have to swap the knobs out though, as I'm having real trouble seeing the white indicator line. Its the only module in my small set up without any marking on the top of the knobs.

Is it just me? hmmm.....
felixer
eowave wrote:
Hi everyone! Concerning the ZONE B.F., it's a reset.

(re)starts from 0V output so should be useable as envelope (with repeat)? mine is in the mail. hopefully here tomorrow hyper
felixer
allright, so i got mine 8_) some observations:
-digital noise sounds great. many weird/sweet spots and different from yer normal shift-register like noisering/a117. if synced to a vco you can find an area with the speed knob where it tracks. really dirty/rough sounds thumbs up
-speed knob jumps at the max end. very hard to tune up there.
-resets on down-going flank. so i'll have to use an inverter to make it reset on standard gate/trig for use as env.
-output seems inverted too. saw=ramp etc. means square starts with the low part of the waveform. so i need another inverter here if i want, say, synced tremolo.

so using it synced-as-env is a bit problematic (in my setup). all the other stuff works great. and since it is marketed as an lfo it def does what i got i for. built is solid. it stays w00t
mr hoodee wrote:
Got my Zone BF today. Really happy with it, fast, safe delivery and good build quality. I am going to have to swap the knobs out though, as I'm having real trouble seeing the white indicator line. Its the only module in my small set up without any marking on the top of the knobs.

Is it just me? hmmm.....

+1. i changed the knobs too ... but i do that on pretty much all modules for my live rig.
ikkini
mr hoodee wrote:

Is it just me? hmmm.....

I also bought a Zone BF which is really a great module for the price, a nice LFO with randomness !
And yes, the knobs are nice looking but impossible to read with the marker on the side...
eowave
Eowave Germania 241 module is a germanium based discrete vca. -- now available. Listen!
[video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbI-jDLP9Q [/video]
en c rmato
Nice one! Guinness ftw!
taylor12k
I ordered a couple zone bfs (one for me, one for mapmap). looking forward to it... seems quite capable in a small package and will be in my live rack since my uLFO takes up more room.
taylor12k
I ordered a couple zone bfs (one for me, one for mapmap). looking forward to it... seems quite capable in a small package and will be in my live rack since my uLFO takes up more room.
mapmap
thanks taylor!
looking forward to it too. gotta love dual function modules in such a small package.
Summa
got the dual LFO and had to swap the knobs right away, it's either that or paint some dots on it. I'm not sure if somebody mentioned it before but the knob for selecting wave shape isn't indented so a line pointing at the general direction of the wave you selected is a must.

I'd like a swap of the Sync for a 1v/oct input but like it nevertheless.

I also have no problem with odd HP's since my case is 101HP wide twisted
felixer
Summa wrote:
my case is 101HP wide twisted

'that's one more innit?' headbang lol
yeah, cv control over speed/freq (instead of sync) on one section would be nice! plus more stranger waveshapes? i'm not a big user of standard saw/ramp, the more random shapes at the end i like better ... no reason why both section should be the same! maybe the next run?
still a great deal as it is thumbs up
plus i like the fact that these modules just turn up in the pricelist. in stock. no hyping/mystery-module-bullshit/endless waiting applause
nofuture
Anyone who have the Germania 241 and can make a little demo on a low frequency sine or square wave please ?
Terdjman
I've ordered a Titan VCO and a Germania 241 I guess i'll have them in a few days, i'll make my first video demo with those two :razz:
oscillateur
I got a Zone B.F. recently and plugged it yesterday, I'm pretty pleased with it so far. The ranges could be a bit more extreme but are still ok (lowest is about 10 seconds and though I haven't tried it in audio range yet I think I read it was 200 or 400Hz). The different waveforms are well chosen (a sinewave would have been nice too, though). The first four are basic but useful (tri, ramp up/down, square) and the 4 random variations are very cool.

My only real complaint so far is that the knobs are basically useless most of the time if you want to know the current value of the pots, I'll probably replace mine this evening smile.
DonKartofflo
dat distortion on the germania tho.... SlayerBadger!
NU
Is anyone stocking the Zone B.F. in North America? I was going to order from Eowave but I can't get with $82 shipping (and no VAT deduction) for one $90 module. seriously, i just don't get it
ben_hex
NU wrote:
Is anyone stocking the Zone B.F. in North America? I was going to order from Eowave but I can't get with $82 shipping (and no VAT deduction) for one $90 module. seriously, i just don't get it

That's got to sting! I've just been hit with £72.43 with customs charges!
celestial tomes
NU wrote:

whoa that can't be right, i got eowave to mail to CA and def didn't pay any tax that extreme
NU
celestial tomes wrote:
NU wrote:

whoa that can't be right, i got eowave to mail to CA and def didn't pay any tax that extreme

This is how it came up before payment (I didn't order it):

It says VAT has been deducted but the pre-VAT price is 66,05 €. My account has a Canadian address. Maybe it's a glitch, or maybe import taxes/duty are prepaid and added to UPS cost?

Was yours shipped by UPS?
felixer
something clearly went wrong here. i'd send an email. maybe (as a canadian) you speak french? may initial bill had p&p cost listed for >1kg. for one module ... that was soon corrected after an email (in english). seems their shop-software isn't too smart ...
RichMakeGame
Hi, can anyone comment on their experience with the Titan VCO? I'm assuming no complaints here is good news.. how is the tracking and stability?

cheers,
-Rich
NU
felixer wrote:
i'd send an email.

Er.. I finally got around to doing this and couldn't find an email address anywhere on their site or the FB page. I deleted the email I received when I created my account. Anyone?
felixer
this is the message i received:

Hi!

Here is a proforma invoice.
You can pay on paypal on sales@eowave.com

Best regards,

Emmanuelle Gallin
==================
eowave
info@eowave.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eowave/284940897257
deathbeef
NU wrote:

THIS. I really am interested in these modules but the shipping is brutal not north america. waah
NU
felixer wrote:
this is the message i received:

Thanks. I found a standard inquiry form on their site but I'll hit them at the email address if I don't hear back.
Summa
deathbeef wrote:
NU wrote:

THIS. I really am interested in these modules but the shipping is brutal not north america. waah

ah, finally, it's payback time!! twisted twisted
charonme
since the LFO is digital, it shouldn't be a big problem to make it CV-able...

anyway did anyone notice any audible quantization on the LFO (either input or output) in some extreme situations?
Strange_Days
Does anyone hwave the Eowave MIDI-CV module? If so, how deep (physically) is it?
Adminius
LoveBot wrote:
wonderful aesthetic, good prices... what's the catch?!

There is NO catch. I've had the Titan Capsule modules for several of months now, and they are absolutely BRILL!

The Titan Capsule modules together form a very good drone synth, and each module can be used separately as part of an integrated subtractive synthesis setup.

I had to wait a couple of weeks for my delivery (to England), but I believe that the (slight) delay was due to there being a bank-holiday weekend in France when I ordered my gear.

The only problem with the Eowave ethos is that several of their Euro-modules are 5HP in width, which is a tad non-standard and may make them difficult to incorporate into your rack without using 1HP or 3HP blanking plates or leaving thin gaps in your rack system. The entire Titan Capsule width is 40HP, however, which should be easy to integrate with no gaps or nonstandard blank plates.
huron
These modules are listed on the Muffwigglers Store, but "sold out". Anyone know when they're gonna be in stock? Kinda got my eye on that VCO and that LFO!
pwranml
huron wrote:
These modules are listed on the Muffwigglers Store, but "sold out". Anyone know when they're gonna be in stock? Kinda got my eye on that VCO and that LFO!

Same. I think I want that vco but cant find a US dealer anywhere?
stephenvit
pwranml wrote:
huron wrote:

Same. I think I want that vco but cant find a US dealer anywhere?

I don't think there is one. Also should say I ordered an LFO 2 months ago and have been waiting ever since. I get the sense that the modules listed as shipping within 2-days are in stock and the ones that say 5-7 days are not
alamandra
Why is it that as soon as planets or planets moons or other stellar based things are mentioned I'm all like wooooo this must be good lol. These modules do seem it too. Those prices tooo nice.
esmeets
Has anyone here got any experience with the Eowave Magnetosphere VCF? (http://www.eowave.com/shop/products.php?prod=1235)
smcumber
I have one. Some thoughts -

- it overdrives very easily and pleasantly. I ran a drum loop into it one day and it sounded dope as hell.

- the resonance behavior after about 12 o'clock on the knob is quite intense, akin to "max" on most filters. can make for cool effects but you have to watch your ears. I think the "space" motif/sound of this filter comes from the wacky resonance sounds you can get. also, turning the res up starts to cut off the low end sharply.

- very well made and solid. few attenuators, but a decent # of inputs - two cutoff cv inputs, one with an attenuator, and also an input for resonance cv control (no attenuator). I kind of prefer the austere and simple look. I replaced a few of the knobs with Davies knobs clones.

- there is a small bit of noise it always lets out, this may be my power supply or something, but it's something I just accept.

- For $120 brand new (what I got it for from perfect circuit audio on ebay) I'd say it's a damn good value. With some tweaking you can get all kinds of classic synth sounds and also some spacey weird sounds. Starts to really shine with simultaneous LFO and envelope modulation, etc.
inner_light
These modules seem great!
To my ears they sound vintage as hell, and that price point is a huge bonus. I wish a distro in the USA would pick them up
smcumber
esmeets requested a Magnetosphere demo from me so here it is (done at 6:30 this morning):

Pittsburgh Oscillator square wave running into Eowave Magnetosphere 24db Lowpass Filter.

Filter is modulated by Eowave Rayonnement (Envelope) and Pittsburgh LFO2 (with varying waveform and speed).

Starts with simple envelope modulation, at about 0:45 I start tweaking the LFO, adjusting the resonance and cutoff throughout.

Sequence sent from Arturia Microbrute.

https://soundcloud.com/smcumber/eowave-magnetosphere-24db-lpf-wsequenc e
smcumber
Also - I tried to embed the soundcloud player, failed hmmm.....
inner_light
Thanks for sharing this, I've listened a couple of times now. I'm really into this filter.
So much so I'm going to trade out my MMG for one. I'd rather have a filter that does less better. (Just my ears preference)
Thanks again!
Just got to find a supplier in the US! The shipping is a killer
smcumber
Don't know too much about the MMG, but from watching a snippet of a demo video I can say the resonance on the Magnetosphere is way more intense.

Sometimes simplicity is good, makes you more creative.
inner_light
Yeh the res on the MMG is definitely mellower, it's more versatile with the dual HP/LP combo, but to be honest I only really use it as a LP. It's apples to oranges I suppose. The Magnetosphere certainly packs character
alamandra
Yeh seems that filter is a screamer, when you push that resonance up of course, which you can probably say for the vast majority of filters, just to varying degrees. It seems to take the modulation very well, nice and wibbly, and moist. I'd love to give it some dalek modulator see how it takes to that.
microtonal
Noisebug has many of these Eowave modules in stock. The Zone B.F. is really nice, including waveforms that duplicate Serge Random Source pulse, step and smooth type outputs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 5