MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Poll OVER: download link wins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Poll OVER: download link wins
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Poll OVER: download link wins Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edit: Turns out the embeddable player doesn't work on some browsers and operating systems - that's enough for me, we will use the simple download links. Poll over - thanks everyone for your feedback.

---------------------------

ok, I want to do a poll for this - please everyone read this post, and vote for your choice.

wav attachments are too big to stream well anyway, so they will always be shown as a download link.

for mp3 attachments, we have a choice of an embedded player, or the download link. I like the player, personally I'm more likely to listen to someone's mp3 this way, it's just faster and easier.

But... it means a couple of extra hoops to jump through if you want to download the mp3. And it uses an activeX control that you guys may not like (or may not work on apple or some crap like that)

Below you'll see two examples, an mp3 with the player and a wav with the download link.

Please note - the vote is only for how you would like to see mp3 attachments handled - player or download link.

thanks.

Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

please note that the first time you use the embedded player, you'll need to accept the installation of the ActiveX control (don't worry it's safe) - on some browsers it is a popup window that appears asking you - on other browsers there's the yellowish 'information bar' that appears at the top of the screen, you need to right-click and select "Install ActiveX Control" or something to that effect. If anyone has problems please let me know, or just post and I'm sure someone can help you out.
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll let this poll run for a day or two, then I'll set the option to whatever wins the vote, then delete this thread so it won't be all confusing and stuff

thanks guys

sandyb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted for the download link. why? it's smaller on the screen and doesn't break up the thread so much - that's pretty much it. both only require one click (at least on my ibook anyway) so it purely came down to making things slightly easier to read imho.
MrDys
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, ActiveX controls mean nothing to my Firefox on OSX using ass. What I assume should be the player just shows up as a big grey box.
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MrDys wrote:
Also, ActiveX controls mean nothing to my Firefox on OSX using ass. What I assume should be the player just shows up as a big grey box.

ok, that's enough for me.. changed to attachments only - poll over.

thanks everyone 8)

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/download.php?id=12

i didn't know you could sing muff. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: