MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
New PAiA 9700-series modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author New PAiA 9700-series modules
Kendall Station
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh my crap these prices are unbelievable, even for assembled modules. the actual assembly of the kits really must not be that involved if they only charge about $20 to do it themselves. There's some cool stuff, balanced modulator would be nice not much out there in 1U RMs in frac-land. Wish there was some more wacky stuff, not much I feel I really need as opposed to what I have....noise / S&H would be nice though I do have an ASR which is like 3 S&Hs right?

all in all a darn good thing....now they just need a new vco and filter yup.
tobias
lovesbacon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough, but what is gate and hold? random gates?
authorless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my guess is "gate and hold" means "track and hold." when the gate in is high, the output mirrors the input, when the gate is low the output holds the instantaneous voltage that was present at the input then the gate went low.

"It's oscillators are so precise and lifeless it's actually a digital modelling analog synth." - nadafarms
JP
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paia are 10v and 15v respectively so I'm guessing that would be an issue with Euro power rails?
lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a 9700 system the midi to cv act as a bus to power the other modules in series, one to power another.
Witch is the best way to power these new modules?

huh?
mateo
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blacet sells power supplies: http://www.blacet.com/misc.html
lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that, my question is about how to distribut the power between the modules, I know blacet has a power bus too, but paia use different type of power conection, can we plug one of these new modules to another like in the 9700 system? Do I need a power distribution board? not this shit again
ai
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...just a thought...

There's this:

http://www.adinfinitummusic.com/PDB-1.html

...left over from when I abandoned the LN1500 FracRak Power Supply project (http://www.adinfinitummusic.com/LN1500.html)...stories some other time. You have to use the direct link to get to that page (I'm pretty sure I removed all the links to it from the website) but the shopping cart button seems to work, although the shipping calculator needs a little tuning.

This board has a six-pin Molex connector on one end for the LN1500 power supply cable. It is NOT pin-compatible with the Blacet power supply cable, so I'd be leaving that connector unpopulated.

Instead, I'd probably include a standard Blacet style MODULE power cable (Molex 0.156" 4-pin female-female) that could be connected in a daisy chain from a Blacet distribution board to any of the 0.156" 4-pin connectors on this board. There are nine 0.156" 4-pin connectors (one of these is the power input) and seven 0.100" (PAiA-style) 4-pin connectors. The mounting holes on the ends match the Blacet distro board, so it mounts OK in a Blacet rack, although there are no mounting holes in the middle. You can also mount this along the back of a FracRak like a 1u module (my preference).

You know what? It's available now (why not?), as described here (distro board, minus the 6-pin power supply connector, plus a 4-pin 0.156" power supply cable), from the link above. If there's enough interest, I'll update the page with the correct info and maybe add some polarized PAiA-style power cables...

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my approach is have a standard distribution board format (i chose .156"); and then make up a special cable for any module that needs an oddball config, like .156" on one end and .100" or doepfer on the other. the majority of frac and DIY boards seem to use .156". ken stone also sells distro boards in that format at $10@.

lombrose wrote:
I know that, my question is about how to distribut the power between the modules, I know blacet has a power bus too, but paia use different type of power conection, can we plug one of these new modules to another like in the 9700 system? Do I need a power distribution board? not this shit again

please email (rather than PM) with any direct correspondence
D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ai wrote:
Well...just a thought...

There's this:

http://www.adinfinitummusic.com/PDB-1.html

...left over from when I abandoned the LN1500 FracRak Power Supply project (http://www.adinfinitummusic.com/LN1500.html)...stories some other time. You have to use the direct link to get to that page (I'm pretty sure I removed all the links to it from the website) but the shopping cart button seems to work, although the shipping calculator needs a little tuning.

This board has a six-pin Molex connector on one end for the LN1500 power supply cable. It is NOT pin-compatible with the Blacet power supply cable, so I'd be leaving that connector unpopulated.

Instead, I'd probably include a standard Blacet style MODULE power cable (Molex 0.156" 4-pin female-female) that could be connected in a daisy chain from a Blacet distribution board to any of the 0.156" 4-pin connectors on this board. There are nine 0.156" 4-pin connectors (one of these is the power input) and seven 0.100" (PAiA-style) 4-pin connectors. The mounting holes on the ends match the Blacet distro board, so it mounts OK in a Blacet rack, although there are no mounting holes in the middle. You can also mount this along the back of a FracRak like a 1u module (my preference).

You know what? It's available now (why not?), as described here (distro board, minus the 6-pin power supply connector, plus a 4-pin 0.156" power supply cable), from the link above. If there's enough interest, I'll update the page with the correct info and maybe add some polarized PAiA-style power cables...

I will be buying one of these from you very soon man!

D/A A/D | snapped in half | Of Dust & Iron

FREE D/A A/D DOWNLOAD
emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

authorless wrote:
my guess is "gate and hold" means "track and hold." when the gate in is high, the output mirrors the input, when the gate is low the output holds the instantaneous voltage that was present at the input then the gate went low.

That's what the PAIA site said, if you click on the module and read the details.

emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, and yeah...definitely attractive prices. I think I'll get the noise/S&H and maybe one or two others for use behind a 19" wide full panel I'm working on. You can hardly compete with prices like that even with DIY.

I've never been a fan of their graphics, though. Nor of the Frac system.

Fnord
Discordian Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just got an email that my order shipped today. Holy crap that was fast.

Muffwiggler: I've seen communities ruined over politics. I've seen friendships end over racism. I've never seen these things happen as a result of breasts.
D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just ordered a mixer, dual vca and balanced modulator (as well as a distro board from AI)!

nanners

D/A A/D | snapped in half | Of Dust & Iron

FREE D/A A/D DOWNLOAD
glacial23
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My kits arrived just a few minutes ago!

Once I get a few together, I'll post some pictures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: