MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

VST version of VC
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author VST version of VC
petejm
Hi Os,

SW-VC is great SlayerBadger! but do you have any plans to make the VST version of VC an instrument plugin? I use Live as my main sequencer & having to create an audio & MIDI track per VC instance creates clutter in my sets. I can use a group track to avoid this but that still has some problems, e.g. not being able to move clips around easily if the group track is closed (this is a limitation in Live though not VC).

I've no idea if it's technically possible but I think VC being an instrument plugin would solve this problem nicely.

Cheers,
Pete
os
I can do that, sure. Only reason not to for me is the overhead of building & releasing even more versions of the same thing. (Roll on x64, NOT.)

I assume you're on Windows, right? (Else you'd use the AU which is both instrument and effect.)
petejm
Great, that will really help with the workflow, thanks! thumbs up

Yeah, I'm still on 32bit XP here.

BTW, I've been using VC with my mark 1 UltraLite for a while now with no problems. Are you still maintaining a compatibility list?
os
Yes, still maintaining the list - I'll add your interface to it.

A thought about the VC - I wondered if it would suffice to make the instrument/effect choice a prefs settings (so a registry key on Windows). Seems like people will either tend to use one or the other.
petejm
Would that mean using regedit to switch modes or will there be a config file? Either way I'm not too fussed but I can imagine some users might be put off fiddling around in the registry? There might even be the odd user wanting to use both types... maybe?? hmmm.....
os
It would be in the plug-in's prefs menu.

Maybe I should just provide both though.
petejm
Oh of course, derrr, wasn't thinking straight! d'oh! Yeah, I think both would be best really.
os
Done:

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/index_files/silent-way-1-5-3-released .php
petejm
Awesome, I'll give it a whirl tonight! applause
petejm
Hi Os,

I've just been trying out the VSTi and I'm getting some odd behaviour so I guess I'm doing something wrong with the track routing in Live?

I have 1 MIDI track with VC on it sending audio out to an external out on my interface. This I patch into the CV in of my VCO. I also have 2 audio tracks, both monitoring the sine out of my VCO but on one track I'm sending the audio to VC and the other to the master channel.

I can calibrate okay using this routing but if I play a note on my keyboard, I get the correct pitch until I release the key, at which point I get a tone about 2 octaves lower. Surely the pitch should remain the same when I release the key or have I got the routing wrong?

seriously, i just don't get it
os
Sounds like you've somehow routed your gate or env to the same output as the pitch CV. Remember to route the VC output to a stereo pair, not a mono output. Alternatively, set the gate level to 0.0 in the output matrix.
petejm
Yep, that was the problem, silly me!

Well, it's all working great here now.
I now have 3 MIDI tracks, each with an instance of VC followed by Live's external effect plugin (to route the pitch & env1 CV out & get the audio back onto the same track).
Cheers Os!

Guinness ftw!
Analog>Plugins
Wan't expecting this update! Nice one OS, will save me a lot of messing about with Cubase 5.

All the we need now is the slow time uber calibration mode for those older mono synths that don't track that great......ducks as OS throws a doepfer Vca toeards my head for reminding him yet again Mr. Green
Analog>Plugins
Working beautifully with Cubase 5. Simply load it as a vsti, assign the 2 CV outputs from your soundcard to the audio output on the vsti......load the calibration file that you saved using the usual older method of using Silent Way and you're off.

Much simpler than having all those other tracks.
prscrptn
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Working beautifully with Cubase 5. Simply load it as a vsti, assign the 2 CV outputs from your soundcard to the audio output on the vsti......load the calibration file that you saved using the usual older method of using Silent Way and you're off.

Much simpler than having all those other tracks.

Can't wait to try this!!! thumbs up
Noiseconformist
petejm wrote:

BTW, I've been using VC with my mark 1 UltraLite for a while now with no problems. Are you still maintaining a compatibility list?

Hi Pete, do you know if the original UltraLite's inputs are DC-coupled as well? If so I'll do some tests with my Traveler and then will start to look for a 2nd-hand UL, no need for the current Mk3 for that. ;-)
Thanks, Michael.
os
None of the MOTUs have DC coupled inputs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1