MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
I need help with my MOTU 828 mkii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author I need help with my MOTU 828 mkii
Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

also did you try a few different usb cables

melbourne australia
soundcloud
vimeo
Umcorps
Will patch for food

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you tried resetting the device? Solves a lot of problems for me from time to time.

(Clipped from the Motu support pages)

Disconnect the firewire cable from the 828mkII
Press the Setup knob
Turn the Setup knob all the way to the right
Press the Select knob
Press the Value knob
Power off the interface and plug the firewire cable back in
Power the interface back on.

(Yeah, I know this is for the firewire one but the procedure is the same for the USB flavour)
toothless_wonder
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: I need help with my MOTU 828 mkii Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oneano wrote:
I have had my 828 mkii USB for a few months now and have never gotten it to work properly. Is it a difficult device to learn? Am I missing s
omething? Can anyone offer some help?

I can get the unit to act as a mixer, but I cannot get it to interface with the PC

I doubt the unit is difficult to learn , sound cards are usaly plug and play.

This seems like a driver issue to me. but you said you checked so .......

I had a big issue with a MOTU Ultralite a while back , MOTU suck ass as far as customer support !! However I did work it out , It seemed that my Ultralite did not like the fact I have so many USB/FireWire devices already plugged in .

I went to buy an PCI card with extra firewire sockets (but keep in mind that it had to have a texas chipset to work !)

Technology is capricious ...........
oneano
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I have tried multiple USB cables.

Yes, I have reset the device.

I have a list about about 8 options for outputs in Bidule, I have tried to run a simple synth to the output.

I have also attempted to play MP3s on itunes

WinXP is the dedicated machine for the unit.

I will assemble some screen shots later tonight.

Also...When I try to use the Cuemix software and use any of the slides to adjust the channels, they sliders snap back to zero. Something that suggests that I have something set up wrong.
qu.one
hypnotic and sanctified

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sounds to me like you have a busted one. my 828mk2 firewire worked flawlessly for years - standalone or connected to a computer.
oneano
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can get it to work stand alone, I just dont know how to get audio to pass through it.
qu.one
hypnotic and sanctified

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

by saying it works standalone, im assuming it fully works - meaning, you hear audio. have you setup you mixer settings? what outs the main/headphone outs are assigned to, etc...? you can do all that w/out a computer.
oneano
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I hear audio passthrough it, I can connect the inputs and it passes to the headphone output.

I think that my confusion comes from all of the ins and outs and the 4 busses.

Its a mind boggling number of channels to deal with on such a small LCD

And with no online manual (that I can find) I have had a heck of a time with it.
qu.one
hypnotic and sanctified

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MOTU makes you purchase manuals I believe. Try registering and see if you can DL an mk3 manual. You could always ask Stretta on here for advice with MOTU gear — hopefully he won't mind I did that...

the device overall is not that complicated once you wrap your head around it. you realize the knobs also double as push buttons...? and help you navigate the menu(s)...

1nput0utput
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oneano wrote:
Also...When I try to use the Cuemix software and use any of the slides to adjust the channels, they sliders snap back to zero. Something that suggests that I have something set up wrong.

This can happen if the interface is not synchronized to the selected clock source. The front panel sample rate indicator will blink when this happens. What is the clock source set to in the MOTU Audio Console program? If there are no devices connected to the interface digital audio inputs or to the word clock input, then the clock source should be set to internal.

This would also happen if the interface is connected to a USB 1.1 bus rather than a USB 2.0 bus. It will also prevent audio from working well (if at all).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: