MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Open question: Formats?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Open question: Formats?
endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Open question: Formats? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK - now that the dust has settled from the launch, I'm getting to work not only on the next product, but extending what formats the TMK001 library is available in, and what other formats I will hopefully include as options in future launches.

I am currently working on versions of the TMK001 Polyphonic Wretch Machine library for:

1. Ableton Live, including Racks setups

2. Reason NNXT, including Combinator patches

3. Logic EXS, including channel strip presets

What's everyone's opinion? Would love feedback on whether you'd be interested in any of these formats, as well as other features that I can build into each specific sample set. I've got plans, but as with all plans, there's always room for more wink

/michael

emergencyofstate
Synthesist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shit yeah for live racks and EXS! SlayerBadger!
bsmith
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any possibility of doing one for digidesign structure as well?
endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bsmith wrote:
Any possibility of doing one for digidesign structure as well?

Technically, yes - and I'll tell you why: my primary sampling utility has the option of exporting sample sets out in multiple formats, of which Structure is one.

The thing is, all other formats I can actually load into the native environment and not only check that they work, but also build out patches and additional settings (Racks in Live, Combinator patches in Reason, Channel strips in Logic). As I have no Digi software/hardware in my studio, I can't do that.

If I could identify someone who would be willing to take the raw, un-tailored exported content and test it, I would be able to put it up, but in that scenario I wouldn't be able to build out a fully developed product for Structure. It would basically be a mapped sample set with no bells, no whistles, no nothing, just the base patches by their lonesome.

Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sfz please please please
endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Muff Wiggler wrote:
sfz please please please
if you can point me to a tool for authoring on the Mac then I'll do it up wink
Klopfgeist
Extraneous Commenter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

emergencyofstate wrote:
shit yeah for live racks and EXS!

What he said! w00t SlayerBadger! w00t

Kent
Large Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Live Racks would be most welcome. I can probably test the Structure stuff for you & compare it to the Kontakt version.
zerosum
Modulation Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NNXT yes please thumbs up (most interested in)

EXS yes please thumbs up (still haven't upgraded logic, but it will happen someday)

Quote:
Technically, yes - and I'll tell you why: my primary sampling utility has the option of exporting sample sets out in multiple formats, of which Structure is one.

The thing is, all other formats I can actually load into the native environment and not only check that they work, but also build out patches and additional settings (Racks in Live, Combinator patches in Reason, Channel strips in Logic). As I have no Digi software/hardware in my studio, I can't do that.

If you need help I can help you out with digi(now officially AVID with all digi names dropped) stuff, I am a self labeled pro tools dork.
tragedybysyntax
*lolweegi*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eric it's great to see you around bro, glad you're doing well! Thanks alot for doing the live racks smile
endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tragedybysyntax wrote:
Eric it's great to see you around bro, glad you're doing well! Thanks alot for doing the live racks smile

Eric who? You may have me confused with someone else MY ASS IS BLEEDING

endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So here's the plan:

Current: Kontakt 3.5 with custom scripting, base patches covering several different combinations of layers, plus 25 presets with additonal Kontakt tweaking

Upcoming:

1. Reason NNXT - Base patches covering several combinations of layers, as well as 25 Combinator patches using the base patches plus additonal modules to show some potential uses

2. Ableton Live Sampler - Base patches covering several combinations of layers, as well as 25 Live Racks using Live effects/etc to show some potential uses

3. Logic EXS - Base patches covering several combinations of layers, as well as 25 Channel Strips using Logic's built in effects to show some potential uses

4. ProTools Sculpture - Base patches covering several combinations of layers, any presets outside of the raw setups will be at the grace of some gracious beta testers wink

Does that sound good to everyone?

I'd love to do SFZ, but unfortunately research is proving fruitless on developing for that format on a Mac. I suppose someday I'll need to get a PC for additonal testing in-house, in the meantime I'll keep an eye out for updates on potential SFZ authoring tools nanners

endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another quick note on all of this: the Kontakt version was developed in a very specific way due to the scripting that was done by my compatriot Brian Cass of Overclock, inc. - the additional formats are going to be a different set, with the only similarity being the raw samples utilized.
endmusik
The Wretch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

another quick note - if anyone notices any Chicken Tikka Masala on the Reason patches, I apologize - working through dinner love
tragedybysyntax
*lolweegi*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol..... duh. I was thinking Aeryk! Michael good to have you around again man! smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Totalmusik All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: