MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The new 2164 Korgasmatron Dual VCF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The new 2164 Korgasmatron Dual VCF
russma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...or the good doctor's reference to the "Orgasmatron" from "Woody Allen's film "Sleeper."

thumbs up
keykeyeyekit
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This filter drips with awesome.
Moog$FooL$
Broke Dick Dog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

saw a post on Matrix about this very module.

go Doc. go!!

Rockin' Banana! SlayerBadger! Rockin' Banana!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
transfixer
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

woah woah woah w00t w00t w00t

great sound, nice name!
could it be shrinked into euro format?

zombie

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
However, I was thinking more Diane Keaton.

Ah... that orgasmatron from Sleeper. I remembered it's usage in the earlier and cheesy film Babarella (that's the Jane Fonda reference) It's the machine that the evil Duran Duran uses on her to 'torture' her. But I see from Wiki it isn't referred to as the orgasmatron but the 'excessive machine'.

And Klute? Ruddy excellent film. Haven't seen it for years though... so it may have aged somewhat.

Tony

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

transfixer wrote:
great sound, nice name!

Thanks, and thanks!

transfixer wrote:
could it be shrinked into euro format?

I think so. I'm still waiting to hear what the maximum allowable PCB dimensions are for Euro format. My current board is 2.1" x 6.6" which is a little bit long for Euro, I think. I can probably make it about 4" x 4" with some changes to the layout. If it comes to that, I may bite the bullet and get proper boards made professionally. I'm hesitant to do board-mounted pots, because that really locks you into a certain format, and also because only a small fraction of the total pots could be accomodated on the board, so really what's the point?

If you would like to volunteer to tell me what the board size limits are for Euro, I'll think about shrinking my board to fit.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the board, by the way. As you can see, things are pretty tight. The two filter circuits are essentially mirror images of each other on opposite sides of the "chip axis". However, I think I could break the circuit at a couple of spots and make the board wider and shorter.

Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

I think so. I'm still waiting to hear what the maximum allowable PCB dimensions are for Euro format. My current board is 2.1" x 6.6" which is a little bit long for Euro, I think. I can probably make it about 4" x 4" with some changes to the layout. If it comes to that, I may bite the bullet and get proper boards made professionally. I'm hesitant to do board-mounted pots, because that really locks you into a certain format, and also because only a small fraction of the total pots could be accomodated on the board, so really what's the point?

If you would like to volunteer to tell me what the board size limits are for Euro, I'll think about shrinking my board to fit.

On my cases (Elby Subracks) the space between mounting rails is 112.5mm. I would shave off 4mm to allow for a little extra space bringing us to 108.5mm. This would provide a bit more ease in moving modules in and out of the system.

Doepfer's A100P6 cases have a useable depth of 80mm from the front panel to the PSU in the rear of the case. In the sections that do not contain the PSU, the depth is 100mm from the front panel to the rear of the case.

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Junk Rhythm wrote:
On my cases (Elby Subracks) the space between mounting rails is 112.5mm. I would shave off 4mm to allow for a little extra space bringing us to 108.5mm. This would provide a bit more ease in moving modules in and out of the system.

Doepfer's A100P6 cases have a useable depth of 80mm from the front panel to the PSU in the rear of the case. In the sections that do not contain the PSU, the depth is 100mm from the front panel to the rear of the case.

Who came up with this midget format, anyway? angry
It looks like I'll have to get this board down to about 4" x 5". That's doable, but not for a couple of weeks, when things at work settle down a little bit.
emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Who came up with this midget format, anyway? angry

hihi Europeans apparently.

Awesome module, BTW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: