MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Listen to Wiggler Radio - Click Here

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
r frac and euro friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author r frac and euro friends
dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh go with blue go with blue go with blue. i am getting an 8008 in 5u in blue and i have a 5x5 cgs matrix mixer in blue. they are among the prettiest modules i have seen. his work is fucking awesome!
sensensempompom
soapydove

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all blue- i wonder if he could cut me some panels for the blacet modules i don't need the info on em i could keep the blacet faceplates make a small metal booklet
dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you haven't already, i would contact him and tell him your ideal, he may even have some ideas of his own. you can see a bunch of his custom work on his site. really nice stuff.
sensensempompom
soapydove

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've sent the email
smile thnx dude
your enthusiasticness is a nice help

i hope MetalboX is into helping guide a newb if he plays his cards right
i might end up with a giant blue MetalboX
Kent
Large Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cybananna wrote:

That is very true, but Kent and I just hate everyone I guess. That's how we manage both.

We're Bi-Polar. At least that's how we're biased!
Eel Power FTW! Eel Power FTW! Eel Power FTW! Eel Power FTW! Eel Power FTW! Eel Power FTW!

darenager
Bad Mother Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I happily "swing both ways" (only in the modular sense) bi and proud LOL

I started off with Frac but Euro was too much of a temptation to dismiss, is generally cheaper and offers a lot of variety. Frac still has some unique stuff though and I'd be hard pushed to choose one format over the other.

Took me much longer to build a Frac system, was built up over about 2-3years for 12u, did 18u of Euro in like 4 months, and ready for another 9u anytime soon. I still am not 100% happy with my Frac system, would love to get some more Blacet but the import duty is ridiculous so its unlikely that I will.

I've never really had any problems linking between the systems, and not blown anything up yet so......

EDIT I have 2 attenuators in my Frac which I use for certain applications when going between formats. Definately recommended.

EDIT hehe, just noticed Kent rocking the "cable tie" rack system, I walked that path for a while wink

EDIT Binary Zone is fab, also the Blacet VCO is very nice, Filthy Filter is great too. I have some a Bugbrand VCA, not tried pinging it with a Euro envelope yet though but should be fine, I'll report back later...

http://twitter.com/daren_ager
My Monotribe ModsBlog
"If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo." - Bruce Lee
darenager
Bad Mother Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Update - Just tried the Bugbrand VCA with the Doepfer A143-2 works fine, comparing it to driving with the Bugbrand ENV1 you get a bit less overall volume with the Doepfer, as you'd expect, but it is certainly useable.

Going the other way, using a Frac envelope to drive a Euro VCA you would want to attenuate to get a more predictable range most likely.

http://twitter.com/daren_ager
My Monotribe ModsBlog
"If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo." - Bruce Lee
Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you are going to get one Frac rack, you might as well get two.
That way you'll make the most of your PSU.

I have 6 racks of Frac, and recently added 2 racks of Euro.
Euro does add some nice options to the system.
My Euro currently has no envelopes or VCAs.
It is dependent on the Frac for these duties.

They play nicely together, but you have to be aware about attenuation or amplification sometimes being necessary.
Some of Blacet's offerings make this much easier.

Blacet's EG1, Micro LFO, and new DAD envelope all have attenuators on their outputs for easy scaling of your voltages to whichever ranges you need.
Blacet's buffered splitter, mixer, and multiples have output attenuation too.

Blacet has several modules that offer healthy amounts of gain.
This can help with the odd boosting/amplification requirements of unusual interfacing.
Examples being: the obvious I/O, Klangwerk, and channel D of the discontinued Quad VCA.

sensensempompom
soapydove

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

smile thnx for trying out the vca d.ager. like your youtube link
I'll be sure to get attenuators for my frac. Mike from MetalboX was helpfull
it won't all b blue but i'm glad i wrote him. very nice

MetalboX Mike Quote: Yes, this is only really ever a headache when using envelopes and VCA's with different scales. There's no risk of damage or anything like that. Just the inconvenience of not having the full parameter range. Most of the time you won't want the parameter to go over it's full range anyway. ie: you don't constantly sweep a filter frequency or resonance control it's full range rather they are constrained. 10 octave sweeps can sometimes be cool.

Also, if you mix two 5V signals together in a euro system you'll get a 10 volt swing in most cases. Frac modules just have a little more headroom.

thnx also cat-a-tonic good info on the Blacet modules
i do plan on getting a second case, eventually

Last edited by sensensempompom on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
sensensempompom
soapydove

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: mini setup for now Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a pic
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlayerBadger! Fuck yeah!!! Nice Rack !!! SlayerBadger!
the metalbox stuff looks hawt. I've always had a thing for the matrix mixer Dinner at the Y
thanks for following up with the photo! Guinness ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r
Cybananna
Funniest Guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lookin' good! applause
zerosum
Modulation Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YUM! MY ASS IS BLEEDING eek! applause
sensensempompom
soapydove

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

merci!
yeah
i'm happy with it
the mixer convinced me that it can handle more modules
so i'm dreaming of expanding the rig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: