MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The Roots of Trance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The Roots of Trance
pll
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice talk here!!! There was a lot good music from the beginning of 90's to the mid of the 90's. In the 80's too but this stuff is really rare.
o.k.

Thorsten Fenslau was a good young talented musician. Here is a release of him from 1991. But the melancholy he died in his young years by a car accident 1993.

Trancesetters (Dobre & Jamez) - The search from 1995 - nice

Melt - Radioactivity from 1989 - Amazing remake of Kraftwerks Radioactivity from 1976

Cygnus X - The Orange Theme from 1994 - classic stuff

Sven Väth - Lesperanza from 1992 - this is long and smooth version. think the most younger people don't hear those tracks from him in between of today. At this time he worked with Ralf Hildenbeutel. After the Fusion album are going everyone his own way

Cosmic Baby (aka Harald Büchel) - The Space Track from 1992 -
Comsic Baby was one of the most popular aritists @this time. Today he doesn't make anything on this sector. He writes music for Radio/TV and compose classic music
perky
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is a great thread. thx for all the sharing...
zyathus
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

astroschnautzer wrote:
ben jah men wrote:
My favorite is Electrypnose.. which coincidentally uses a pretty equal mix of digital and analog gear.

I made some music with electrypnose a few years ago and then he was a pretty much all digital guy, maybe he started using some analog stuff later on but I would consider his music pretty much digital... havent heard his latest though....

sry to warm this up ...
but he diy'ed an mfos synth ...
http://www.electrypnose.com/index.php?page=vinsynth

his music is awesome ...

i'm jealous of you ;-))
Babaluma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone on Facebook, there's a couple of amazing "Goa Hippy Tribe" groups, with links to many video interviews with people who were on the Goa scene in the 70's. It's really good!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/goahippytribe

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=232142734251

Last edited by Babaluma on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Babaluma wrote:

i have a love/hate relationship with "psy trance" music. these days it's mostly hate, but i was well into the scene from around 94 to 96, i used to go to london parties every weekend (return to the source, escape from samsara, psubliminal psychedelia etc.)

I made a bit of music in the early 90's that was classified as trance. I quite liked a lot of the stuff coming out of Germany at that time, but was well and truly over most stuff labeled as trance by the mid 90's.

You might have been at a gig I did at Megatripolis in 1994 smile

Here's one of those early 90's tunes:

Babaluma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tune! I'd like to master more Trance music. A lot of it these days seems to be mostly ITB, so I think I can add some analogue goodness to it!
puzzlebox
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, that Techgnosis article really has me tempted to get a Walkman WM-D6C Pro or two to see what its capable of d'oh!
-Thomas Dolby
Babaluma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, that's funny! erik davis is cool.

nice to see another AOS fan here too. wink did you make it to the cuming museum show? didn't go, but sent my parents in my place. recently got the "cockney visionary" book, very nice.
Backroads
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stoked for this thread. Here's a live set my duo Ono-Sendai played at a rave late last year. There's a dotcom entry system being sequenced for leads/effects by an MC-505 throughout all of it (alongside a bunch of other hardware). Recorded direct from the mixer via soundcard to a computer, improvised on the groovebox/synths.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ono-sendai/my-girlfriend-has-esp[/s]

My bandmate recently sold his MS2000 we mainly used for leads, so we're going to start using his and my (new) dotcom entry systems for all sequenced leads and effects. We might starting doing strange a-melodic groovy stuff with the modulars or even bump from 136 to 144 bpm or something wacky like that.
dolma84
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

solitaryzen wrote:
Babaluma wrote:

i have a love/hate relationship with "psy trance" music. these days it's mostly hate, but i was well into the scene from around 94 to 96, i used to go to london parties every weekend (return to the source, escape from samsara, psubliminal psychedelia etc.)

I made a bit of music in the early 90's that was classified as trance. I quite liked a lot of the stuff coming out of Germany at that time, but was well and truly over most stuff labeled as trance by the mid 90's.

You might have been at a gig I did at Megatripolis in 1994 smile

Here's one of those early 90's tunes:

was that on nova zembla or solitary sound??

i like it

Last edited by dolma84 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: