MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Set SAM to show

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
MIDI Beat Clock (Arduino-powered)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author MIDI Beat Clock (Arduino-powered)
jimmyambulance
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

want to share your code at all?

i've been wanting to make an arduino module and i have 2 unused minis around. i'm not the best at electronics and my concern is the details - did you use protection on your jacks? what kind of signal can it accept/put out? i'm assuming you can use the doepfer-style connector to the 5v?

sorry for all the questions...

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, I'm more interested in how the i/o is handled smile I don't need midi at all.
nickciontea
brownshoesonly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

outputs are straight off the digital outs.. High and low.. real simple.

the digital outs are great for clocking, logic, and gates.

for a simple clock and divider w/0 midi.. i would use an interrupt based program. this way you can reset and even do tap tempo.

i wanna try to make an arduino module with some jacks, knob, and one switch that designates what 'program/module" to run.

Tombola wrote:
Thank you!

Here is a post in the DIY forum with some details about the schematic/code.

Tombola
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jimmyambulance wrote:
want to share your code at all?
did you use protection on your jacks? what kind of signal can it accept/put out? i'm assuming you can use the doepfer-style connector to the 5v?

sorry for all the questions...

If you PM me I'll send the code - it's pretty scrappy, not in a state I'd want to 'publish'

Didn't use any protection. The outs are straight from the digital pins. The point is it's literally an Atmel 328 with a few supporting analog components = cheap in everything but your time.

I've fired probably +/- 6v into the inputs with no trouble. You *should* protect the inputs with diodes etc.

Doepfer connector has 5v. I used the Synovatron proto kit, and cut a trace to get 5v distributed around the board.
Tombola
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wetterberg wrote:
yes, I'm more interested in how the i/o is handled smile I don't need midi at all.

Digital in = simple - easy to read pulses and act on them
Analog in = simple, you have 1024 levels of precision in theory, but I wouldn't expect anything like that in practice, but knobs and simple voltage control should be OK
Digital out = really simple. You should buffer/boost the pulses, but not totally necessary
Analog out = tricky with any precision. Quantizers and midi/cv modules are usually built around micro controllers like the Atmel, but coded properly, and using proper d-to-a converters.

MIDI is actually simple because it's just serial data, which Arduino can read. The circuit on the board is just protection (for your synth/keyboard/MPC) and inversion.
Parametex
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is very cool!

A ong while I have been wondering why why there has not been a din sync modules produced!

Well done!
synthomaniac
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tombola wrote:
Doepfer connector has 5v. I used the Synovatron proto kit, and cut a trace to get 5v distributed around the board.

That's great feedback - I'll consider adding improved 5V support on-board when I design the Rev2 version of the Synovatron DIY kits later this year; perhaps by just having a few user-configurable busses.
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey synthomaniac... ever considered doing some uk module building workshops? I can build kits fine, but anything more is a bit daunting.
Tombola
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Monobass wrote:
hey synthomaniac... ever considered doing some uk module building workshops? I can build kits fine, but anything more is a bit daunting.

Would be a great idea. I got started in this after going to a Tom Bugs workshop in London.

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well so much for that module. lol.
I had one in the works almost just like this one. more division outputs though + a few other features..

lol.

Looks great!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: