MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Totally Wiard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Totally Wiard
Mitchk1989
*Probably* not a cyborg.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope this doesn't mean the euro JAG isn't coming...
Fnord
Discordian Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever it is, we all know it is going to be AWESOME.
I need a 2nd job STAT, anyone know of any job opportunities for a wacky for wiard cookie salesman?

Muffwiggler: I've seen communities ruined over politics. I've seen friendships end over racism. I've never seen these things happen as a result of breasts.
kdub
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see an expanded 1200 series. I also wouldn't mind another 1200 series borg and jag.
science
Spending Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... this was unexpected.

New management? Wondering if that means someone else is developing the new stuff...?
science
Spending Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wavecircle wrote:
I have an order in mind for a 300 series system. I have wanted a 300 series since I was about 19, man they were cheaper back then... I have just always lusted after one, even more so than a buchla 200e or serge.

But, do I abandon the Fenix?

very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

Sounds more like you need to make up your mind wink

I have a feeling there's going to be a mad rush to try to get 300 systems... seems like that usually happens when the unobtainable becomes obtainable.
wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

science wrote:
wavecircle wrote:
I have an order in mind for a 300 series system. I have wanted a 300 series since I was about 19, man they were cheaper back then... I have just always lusted after one, even more so than a buchla 200e or serge.

But, do I abandon the Fenix?

very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

Sounds more like you need to make up your mind wink

I have a feeling there's going to be a mad rush to try to get 300 systems... seems like that usually happens when the unobtainable becomes obtainable.

I have had communications with Wiard and there is a system available for me if I want it, which I most definitely do.......

Christ, why did Grant Richter and Bert Vermuelen do this to me? Anyone got a spare 5000?

Edit: I shouldn't piss and moan really, it's the nicest problem I've ever had.

Older computer stuff : https://soundcloud.com/wavecircle
e-grad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kdub wrote:
I'd love to see an expanded 1200 series. I also wouldn't mind another 1200 series borg and jag.

screaming goo yo

Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fnord wrote:
Whatever it is, we all know it is going to be AWESOME.

This is what keeps me awake at night.
slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is just pure speculation on my part, and I welcome any more authoritative info on the subject:

Euro Wiard is not going to die... I think Grant has encountered some problems that he wasn't expecting but I have read many posts where he has shown his love for the 'budget' small format modules, and I don't think he is interested in making them himself, and so I believe this is where Malekko fits into the picture. He has made a recent post about what is coming out and it seems unlikely this will change.

However, I believe his favourite work to do is the 300 series.. and I believe this announcement is that the 300 series is again available in small numbers and maybe some new modules in this format.
vasculator
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am honestly scared by the thought of a more robust anti-oscillator in 300 format.
wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get the impression from the Wiard site that the 300 series is almost certainly coming to an end once parts are exhausted. Production of the 300 series has been intermittent in the last few years. They are apparently incredibly time consuming and difficult to build and QT etc... Hence the long waiting lists for those that get on it.

Older computer stuff : https://soundcloud.com/wavecircle
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, probably the Euro will continue... or perhaps he's so frustrated
with the WO and Envelator issues (I don't mind) that's he's scraping
the format completely.

Whatever he does, I think it'll be +15V, star distribution. Maybe
even a dedicated power supply, distribution that he controls and
manufactures. Like Serge + Buchla.

I don't know him, but I can tell by reading that he's a perfectionist.
And he's into his creations functioning as intended, less motivated by
cash, more motivated by creating his perfect instrument.

So now that I think about it, I could see him dropping Euro and
adopting something like Bugbrand/Frac. More affordable but still meeting
his standards.

At the same time, there's hasn't been a new Wiard euro module in
awhile. I love my Wiard/Malekko modules. A lot. So, no disrespect
intended to that partnership. This is pure speculation.
Ankh
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be exciting to see what the new product line is. Pretty sure it won't be frac though.
vasculator
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think this is probably pretty close to the mark. i doubt euro would be abandoned but i could definitely see a new power infrastructure and the re-release of all previous wiard designs in that format. maybe similar in size to the 300 series. it would be pretty hard to deny something like that. it's awesome to see new activity from Wiard that's for sure.

Entrainer wrote:

Whatever he does, I think it'll be +15V, star distribution. Maybe
even a dedicated power supply, distribution that he controls and
manufactures. Like Serge + Buchla.

I don't know him, but I can tell by reading that he's a perfectionist.
And he's into his creations functioning as intended, less motivated by
cash, more motivated by creating his perfect instrument.

So now that I think about it, I could see him dropping Euro and
adopting something like Bugbrand/Frac. More affordable but still meeting
his standards.
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wavecircle wrote:
I get the impression from the Wiard site that the 300 series is almost certainly coming to an end once parts are exhausted. Production of the 300 series has been intermittent in the last few years. They are apparently incredibly time consuming and difficult to build and QT etc... Hence the long waiting lists for those that get on it.

Yeah the site is pretty clear about that. I've heard rumours of "few 300 series parts left" and it seems like they will use up the "VERY LIMITED" components left and that will be the end of 300 series. Then from what I understand there will be something new.

With that said I have a 300 series dual Mixo for sale (yeah sorry to spam this thread) which I foolishly bought last week the day before my basement flooded. Probably one of the last 300 series available so hit me up if interersted....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: