MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Totally Wiard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Totally Wiard
wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a shame really. The 300 series modules are quite simply incredible in design, what I really love about them is the functional density. I personally hate large modular systems but with the Wiard you can do so much with relatively few modules. The classic VCO for example is a ridiculous module. Not only is it an incredible analogue VCO with more than comprehensive range, modulation and syncing abilities it also has a VCA, mixer, envelope generator, envelope follower, lag processor and god knows what else on it.

I think I might be leaning the Wiard way.

Older computer stuff : https://soundcloud.com/wavecircle
Fnord
Discordian Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many cool unreleased designs. So curious.
Hope to see the walkabout module.

Muffwiggler: I've seen communities ruined over politics. I've seen friendships end over racism. I've never seen these things happen as a result of breasts.
Borellus
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Entrainer wrote:
HOLD ON...

I just saw this:

"A new product line is currently in development"

Does this mean that Malekko and Wiard are parting ways?

Or a new format completely?

Easel?

"...I often heard sounds which filled me with an indefinable dread --the dread of vague wonder and brooding mystery. It was not that the sounds were hideous, for they were not; but that they held vibrations suggesting nothing on this globe of earth, and that at certain intervals they assumed a symphonic quality which I could hardly conceive as produced by one player."

--H.P. Lovecraft, The Music of Erich Zann

http://soundcloud.com/xrmx-1
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

god, i hope not.

give us something new! something that's never been done before!

dr. jacoby
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

while i really hope the collaboration with malekko isn't coming to an end (my wiard euro modules are my favorite euros, hands down), i think i'm being drawn ever closer to making the plunge into a 300 system...

and no one try to dissuade me wink
Mitchk1989
*Probably* not a cyborg.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

an easel type thing could be something new... If by 'easel' you just mean a single package wiard creation meant to be a patchable but ultimately self-contained synth.

I'd rather buy stand alone units that supplied their own power and stuff while still 'playing nice' with the main modular formats in terms of patching than get into an entire new modular format, but that's just me I guess.
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It kinda bugs me that the term Easel is getting taken away from the original instrument and is now starting to apply to any small-to-mid size semi portable modular setup

soon enough if you Google "music easel" all you're gonna find is a bunch of people's Eurorack setups help

Mitchk1989
*Probably* not a cyborg.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, its not like buchla is doing anything with the name... Weren't like only 14 music easels ever made? If they weren't made of pure unobtainium you'd probably see the name applied more to the original.
Muff Wiggler
The cake is a lie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in related news, check out my awesome new Shelby Cobra!

Borellus
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the Wiard Electroniums will finally see the light of day? I'd buy a Space Box...

"...I often heard sounds which filled me with an indefinable dread --the dread of vague wonder and brooding mystery. It was not that the sounds were hideous, for they were not; but that they held vibrations suggesting nothing on this globe of earth, and that at certain intervals they assumed a symphonic quality which I could hardly conceive as produced by one player."

--H.P. Lovecraft, The Music of Erich Zann

http://soundcloud.com/xrmx-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: