MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
load & distance

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The things people say
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The things people say
Babaluma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the classic one for me is:

me: "i make electronic music"
geezer: "oh, so you're a dj?"

or this stunning variation:

me: "i'm a mastering engineer"
geezer: "oh, so you're a dj?"

an even after i've explained shit to them, they'll still introduce me to new people who claim an interest in music like this:

"oh, gregg's a dj..."

the fact that i've never mixed two records together in my life, nor even in software, doesn't seem to deter them. wink

another variant, reversed, i meet a dude into music:

me: "so what do you do?"
dude: "i'm a producer"
me: "oh, like sir george martin/steve albini?" [delete as applicable, and yes, i know steve albini doesn't like to refer to himself as a producer...]
dude: "nah, i make phat beats on my mpc"
me: "oh, ok..."

rant over!

lol
OurDarkness
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A friend wanted to buy an Eventide H8000-FW and he asked me for some advice on the unit. He finally bought it and had some troubles with the drivers under Windows. He couldn't fix it so he sent me an email where he was like: "man, you need to help me with this because I hear MSN alerts through diatonic ultrashifters, bathed in cavernous reverbs..."

hihi
emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: The things people say Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

electronicpresskit wrote:
Nothing against the kaoss pad, but running $25,000 of analogs through a $400 processor doesn't make much sense.

Wait...but isn't $25,000 in modular synths like 80-something modules that each sell for $200 - $400? If it's not OK to run it through a $400 processor, then I guess it's not OK to run it through a $400 digital delay pedal like the El Capistan...or pretty much any pedal effect or analog phaser/delay or even the typical VCF module...right? seriously, i just don't get it

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wrapping my BGB up
BGB
And taking it for a little test spin...
A guy from the bar next door (a little drunk) came over and thought he was so clever

" I thought you were playing a Didgeridoo... you know What a Didgeridoo is?"

"What. do you have some tubes back there? That would sound great with tubes in it!"

d'oh!

Real fuckin' Clever. DickHead. A Didgeridoo with Tubes? Dead Banana

ex_dead_teenager
Electro-Busker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

electrobusking I get some of the oddest questions sometimes more than once I've had people ask me if I was playing a radio!

I get a lot of people wanting me to make specific sounds for them.

but mostly I get "what's that thing?" "where's the sound coming from?"

one time I had a guy try and convince me that Andy Mouge was the inventor of the synthesizer.

my favourites though are the odd people who actually know what a synthesizer is and have intelligent things to say about them.

here are some videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/FuckingSynthesizer
Bishop Dust
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my modular gig, two men were talking in my back, one asking to the second : "wooww what's this, it looks complex ! " the second answered : "oh not as much, i think all the music you hear come form a tape" confused

DIY modules & Modular Playing -> https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBDust
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played my first modular gig last week, noise stuff.

A Japanese girl was talking to me afterwards about my "i don't know what you call it, is it a machine?", and said that "some of it was too noisy" but there were also sounds of "praying and conversations". When I left she said, "thank you and please keep being creative"

Pretty sweet.

- modular synth marketplace
- follow on Twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/TFOM2014

FREE NOISE DOWNLOAD: http://pro-noise.com/album/mutant-circuitry
Zenn
Hired Geek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About 10 years ago we did quite a lot of spaced-out tekno livesets in squads and freeparties. No moldulars back then, but between the 3-5 people we had about 2 big mixers, 2 MS20, 2 101s, rythemboxes & drummachines, a shitload of effects, DIY stuffs etc.

So we had been jamming for hours in a dirty corner of rather small room somewhere a squad, and for hours this huge hooligan looking guy had been tripping to our noise. At some point we realized our tempo was >180, 190 bpm, so STOP. tempo back to 120 bpm... couple of faders down... PLAY.
The big guy snaps out of his trance, walks over to us before he said anything my buddy says "So you want us to speed up again?" and the guy says in a heavy local accent:
"No! No! But could you please put back some of that crackleshit? I really like that."
(in local dutch: "Hedde nog wa van diene kroakshit? Da von'k wel goaf")
So we put the MS20 fader back up and he gives us a thumbs up instantly slips back into his trance and hung around for a couple of more hours nanners
m0rb1d
Filtersweep Abuser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahaha this thread is amazing
jjclark
Professor Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think mothers probably make the best comments. From mine, upon listening to my teenage self playing my shirt-button-keyboard PAIA 2700:

- can't you tune it?
- play something nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: