MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
frac sequencer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author frac sequencer
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: frac sequencer Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

love love love love love love love
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

mixing the NR and BZ in various amounts produces some pleasantly dynamic results when quantized by the MW.

I've been using this patch to experiment with my new ASR. very pleased with the results.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r
scozbor
100th Member!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've quantized the noise ring and the binary zone, but never mixed them and then quantized. great idea!
dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sounds very cool sir! do you have an aural examplator? is the output of binary zone squares? stepped voltages? it seems like a novel idea to me to combine voltages to be dealt with. asr's are so wonderful btw. those patterns that come out are just mesmerizing!
Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dude wrote:
is the output of binary zone squares? stepped voltages?

The Binary Zone is a divider + a bipolar mixer with 3 preset Lag amounts;
so it outputs stepped voltages with the Lag switched off.

It is also fun to bipolar mix and offset the outputs of other dividers like the new 3120 Freq. Divider, the CGS/MetalBox Divider & Logic, with other voltage sources like Improbability Drive, Micro LFO...
and then quantize to your hearts content.
It helps to have more than one mixer.

Patching up your own approximation of a Binary Zone can take you even further.

Other sequencing ideas you could try would be:
- clocking one Binary Zone with the ouput of another Binary Zone for longer patterns,
- sending voltage sources into the Hex Zone's sequential switch
and quantizing the output.

dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmmm, you are awesome. thank god i have another dual slope on the way! and ya know, the modcan quad lfo has that mix out and the clock in and divder per channel bi polar capabilities. this is all very cool. sorry i am not on the frac tip but these concepts are just exciting as hell!
rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dude wrote:
sounds very cool sir! do you have an aural examplator? is the output of binary zone squares? stepped voltages? it seems like a novel idea to me to combine voltages to be dealt with. asr's are so wonderful btw. those patterns that come out are just mesmerizing!

no recorded examples at the moment, but I might be able to remedy that situation in the near future.

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
dude wrote:
is the output of binary zone squares? stepped voltages?

The Binary Zone is a divider + a bipolar mixer with 3 preset Lag amounts;
so it outputs stepped voltages with the Lag switched off.

I rarely use the internal lag on my BZ for some reason. hmmm.....
I find the Binary Zone excels at generating complex, yet repeatable voltage patterns. Mixing in the variable unpredictability of the Noise Ring adds a nice variation to the voltage sequence.

dude wrote:
and ya know, the modcan quad lfo has that mix out and the clock in and divder per channel bi polar capabilities. this is all very cool. sorry i am not on the frac tip but these concepts are just exciting as hell!

Yes, you could do something very similar by mixing channels on the Modcan Quad LFO and then feeding channel 4 to a Quantizer. Then add slew to taste. I much prefer my slew post quant. thumbs up Might be why I don't use it on the BZ much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r
dude
fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i cooked up something last night. nothing fancy but i wonder how close it is/was to your ideas. i of course have no noisering though cry
DGTom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

applause

awesome patch!

I use the BZ built in slew all the time, but I love what happens when quantizing smooth voltages. . .

This is a little bit I did using the basic patch as above, except I took the output of the MW back into the Chance input of the NR for added Entropy screaming goo yo

this was before I added the CV feedback (I think)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oehRFyft4Kc
djynnx
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NICE!
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's also fun to make the BZ a little less binary by taking it through a S&H clocked by BZ clock divided by an odd number or simply sending the divided clock to a short envelope (no S&H required). If you use every third value it takes three passes through the pattern to hear it all. Same values, rearranged.
Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BananaPlug wrote:
It's also fun to make the BZ a little less binary by taking it through a S&H clocked by BZ clock divided by an odd number or simply sending the divided clock to a short envelope (no S&H required). If you use every third value it takes three passes through the pattern to hear it all. Same values, rearranged.

good idea.
Thanks again. Rockin' Banana!

wetwetsuit
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BananaPlug wrote:

That is a good idea! Thanks for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: