MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
faster now, stronger

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
MacBeth M5X?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author MacBeth M5X?
Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: MacBeth M5X? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone have any scoop on this thing? My buddy told me to check out the banner at the top of the Analogue Haven site, and I was intrigued:

A revamped M5 with X-Factor parts?
Ken MacBeth
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi!- yes indeed you are correct there- the M5X is due for launch some 8 - 10 weeks from now. I'm awaiting parts being manufactured and coming into the UK. The M5 and M5N have proved to be popular- and I have had many enquiries over the past while requesting information on how to get a unit. The M5N is now discontinued, but a new version with some different features is now on the horizon. Since I have been developing the circuits for the X-Factor synth- which has spawned some modular development- I have decided to vamp up the M5N taking it too- to a different level. All circuits within are being redesigned to the X-Series level that have been talked about elsewhere on this forum. For me, it's an exciting challenge and I can't wait for the result. There are still a crew out there who want the semi-modular approach, normalised jack sockets and all...so keep looking. Today- I hope to conclude a design for the 3U guys too... hihi ...it's 5.32 am here- so on with the day!!

Ken

Last edited by Ken MacBeth on Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Ken! 3u? That means Euro?? SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
Ken MacBeth
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...correct Soviet- 3U = Euro..........but it aint small- and it's not small controls!.... Guinness ftw!
tj
music - sound + noise

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

an envelope with sliders for euro? Guinness ftw!
Ken MacBeth
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...now thats not a bad idea tj!! Coffee Addiction FTW
Roycie Roller
Death Row Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ken MacBeth wrote:
Since I have been developing the circuits for the X-Factor synth- which has spawned some modular development- I have decided to vamp up the M5N taking it too- to a different level. All circuits within are being redesigned to the X-Series level that have been talked about elsewhere on this forum.

Hi Ken, do you mean the M5X will be discrete transistor-based circuits with 5% carbon resistors? Was the M5N like that? I did read that the envelope generator in the M5N was transistor-based. Out of curiosity, what was the ring modulator based on?
I like your 5% carbon resistor philosophy!
Soviet Space Child
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Ken,

Any chance that you will get creative with the colors of your 3u panels? I understand the desire for monochrome MU layouts, but Euro already has a great assortment of interesting looking modules. Care to add anything to the mix? I like what you did with the various "limited editions" of the M3 and M5! Maybe a red oscillator panel will do just the trick in terms of suggesting a "warm" sound, at least on a subconscious level wink That's not to say that the demos you posted don't already impress though...

w00t w00t w00t
smitty
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bop! The good times for Euro continue. we're not worthy
nadafarms
Buy and Sell

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is really exciting, I was super sad and kinda depressed when I heard the M5n was gonna be discontinued I thought it was the end of the Macbeth semimodulars and that only the xfactor would be made, which also looks awesome as heck but the M5N is sooooo the best. And the M5X is gonna be better? we're not worthy
tompty
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ken,

If you need any testers for your euro modules im based nearby!
pixelmechanic
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi Ken

+1 on nearby testers! (actually +2 if I chip in for Sean aka Process too...)

I'm based in Edinburgh too, at the Uni doing a phd in Digital Composition, although obviously my real love is analogue modulars!

http://www.monosynthorchestra.com/index.php

Cheers

Jules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: