MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
gospel chords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author gospel chords
jimmyedgar
Ultra Violet Vibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: gospel chords Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i figured id share this app I've been using

and now its an iPhone app almost ready for commercial release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90rFBtZrtE

Last edited by jimmyedgar on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Matos
Modular masturbator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks jimmy. Such a great concept. After many years of blindly wading my way through notes I've been slowly teaching myself music theory. But I'm trapped with a limited knowledge that gives me major and minor chords with an occasional sus chord. This seems to be packed with some great starting points.
suitandtieguy
Hammond King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's really impressive to me how much education goes on inside the black gospel music community. those guys all work their asses off.

suboptimal wrote:
... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.
Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any chance of an Android release?
shreddoggie
Wiggling like a Pomeranian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can I be critical in a gentle and positive way?

#1 great app - great idea, I am sure lots of people will find it very useful.

#2 As they say, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" - (as you know) the more complex a harmony becomes the more 'tendency' notes create a 'pull' which wants to be resolved in a meaningful way --- as if each note is being played by a monophonic instrument or voice and that musical line needs to get where its going in the sense that harmony can be seen as consequential of counterpoint. You wouldn't want to tell someone "You can go ahead and use a V7 chord here" without telling them how to resolve the 3rd and 7th.

Certainly all music does not need to be 'learned' or intellectual, but I for one have a nails on the chalkboard reaction to error through ignorance. Perhaps your app will inspire folks to learn more about harmony and the consequential need to learn about voice leading, or perhaps this is something which you could add to the usefulness and educational value of the wonderful thing you have designed.

Great work - I hope that was gentle and positive enough.
jimmyedgar
Ultra Violet Vibrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i use this mainly for voicing, i have my own way of writing music

but either way, i think if you had a solid melody and working baseline.. after using this software (I've got a beta), most of the chords do work.

but yeah, i often find myself loving the chords that i already use in my music.. minor extensions.

as he says, its mostly about transcribing music and flavoring it differently. for church organ players its really indispensable (i know a few in detroit and they like this tool)
Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that looks great - thanks

melbourne australia
soundcloud
vimeo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: