MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Mutant timbre/mod index section PCB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Mutant timbre/mod index section PCB
clarke68
Making DIY modulars look cool since 2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"The customer is always right..."

Here it is with two FM inputs:

asterisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's very beautiful!
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

two FM inputs is a good idea thumbs up
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beautiful Clarke!
astroschnautzer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

clarke68 wrote:
"The customer is always right..."

Here it is with two FM inputs:

we're not worthy
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO those large black panels kinda make it look a little less refined than the CGS and CLee panels, but no biggie.
clarke68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Monobass wrote:
IMO those large black panels kinda make it look a little less refined than the CGS and CLee panels, but no biggie.

Thanks for the feedback. I did that because, now that I have a whole bunch of my panels together in a rack, I find they look a little "clinical" together. It seemed like the thing they were missing was some contrast. Not sure if this is the best way to add it, but I do like how it clearly delineates the outs, especially on the latest version with the two FM inputs.

Definitely interested in what anyone else thinks...ctrl-z is always an option until the order is placed!
lazerkind
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the new blacker version. Very easy to find the ins and outs.

How would one wire the pitch-> Fm mod?
My thought about the mutant index was to add one more switch to add FM to the lin FM input and/or the exp FM. Not sure how useful that would be but better to speak now than after the panels are done right wink

Also, I wonder if there sould be useful to have a external input to the timbre?
(I do have some wavefolders already and the MSU is even more, but it is probably a different character in the mutant timre version?)
keninverse
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lazerkind wrote:
I like the new blacker version. Very easy to find the ins and outs.

I second this. It definitely breaks up the panel real estate and easy to visually locate jacks.
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not that I don't like the usability that the big black areas add, it's more that I think the way the section titles are done look really sharp and stylish in contrast. I'll be buying two regardless thumbs up
clarke68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lazerkind wrote:
How would one wire the pitch-> Fm mod?

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure I got the idea from somewhere in this thread [edit: I mean the Build/Mod thread]. Great if someone can dig it up, otherwise I'll be sure to verify it before I drop the order.

lazerkind wrote:
My thought about the mutant index was to add one more switch to add FM to the lin FM input and/or the exp FM. Not sure how useful that would be but better to speak now than after the panels are done right wink

Not sure I'm following you here. An FM input on an FM input?

lazerkind wrote:
Also, I wonder if there sould be useful to have a external input to the timbre?

I think it's a great idea. I'm curious what beautyofdecay thinks, how well it would work with other modular signals, but I'll start looking for a spot to put a normalized input jack, as Cat-A-Tonic suggested.

Last edited by clarke68 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Monobass wrote:
two FM inputs is a good idea thumbs up

J3RK wrote:
Beautiful Clarke!

+2

Clarke68 wrote:
lazerkind wrote:

Not sure I'm following you here. An FM input on an FM input?

I think he may mean that he'd like the switch to route the timbre section's output between the Lin and Exp taps on the primary oscillator.

But really, why don't we dream more music?
rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like the black areas, although my ocd wants the Timbre box to be centered.

can't wait for this one!!!!

mikecameron
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's my input: I love the way it looks currently. Is PCB size dictating the HP of the panel? That center section could easily be condensed to have roughly the same density as the 2 oscs and possibly shave 4hp off the width. (addition of timber input could have an effect here too)

I think the pots should line up as much as possible. Not between the sections necessarily, but the small knobs in the OSC sections (aside from EXP FM att) should line up. I love the combinations of knob sizes and dont want it to be set up on a grid. This panel has personlity!

Black areas remind me a little of the TTA scheme (and thats not a bad thing, those modules look great).
clarke68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rico loverde wrote:
my ocd wants the Timbre box to be centered.

It is centered! Within the timbre section, anyway... cool I have an idea that I'll try tonight.

mikecameron wrote:
Is PCB size dictating the HP of the panel?

Partially, but not entirely...you can see the PCB mounting holes on there.

mikecameron wrote:
That center section could easily be condensed to have roughly the same density as the 2 oscs and possibly shave 4hp off the width. (addition of timber input could have an effect here too)

I don't know...with the two CV attenuators and the sensitivity pot, the whole Mod. Index section is three pots wide with very little room to spare. In fact I think I lowered the sensitivity pot so it could "nest" with the pot next to it behind the panel.

That said, I did design this panel to work with 16mm Alpha pots. It will save you some panel tetris to use 9mm, but it doesn't require them. Even so, if I did really pack 'em in with the tiny pots I still don't think I could lose 4HP (that's almost a full inch) and still keep decent twiddling room around the knobs.

mikecameron wrote:
I think the pots should line up as much as possible. Not between the sections necessarily, but the small knobs in the OSC sections (aside from EXP FM att) should line up.

I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean, and I'm pretty sure I can do it. Stay tuned.

@ everybody:
I really appreciate all of your kind comments and enthusiasm! I'm having a total blast working on this...I can't wait to see it live myself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Page 12 of 31

Jump to: