MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
tabulaRasa - Hybrid Wavetable Oscillator [ORDER PLACED]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 97, 98, 99  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author tabulaRasa - Hybrid Wavetable Oscillator [ORDER PLACED]
clarke68
Making DIY modulars look cool since 2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

negativspace wrote:
Now I want one. I need a bigger backlog box, mine's almost full. sad banana

Lol. Actually, this one wouldn't even need a spot in your box...check it out, it's maybe 40 parts. A fast, experienced DIYer like yourself could probably build the whole thing in about 10 minutes!
Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

while my digital lfo was working i found having an attenuator on the waveshape cv really handy

melbourne australia
soundcloud
vimeo
brother303
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

clarke68 wrote:
Here's my first pass at a Tabula Rasa panel:

10HP. I designed this to use the board-mounted pots and SD card slot. Let me know if there are any really great features/mods you'd like to see implemented...I like the clear space on this panel but would give some of it up if the additions were useful enough.

I don't have a quote on this yet, I'm assuming that the card slot is going to raise the price somewhat, but I'm hoping to be able to offer it for $20-$25.

Man,

your panels are awesome! we're not worthy

Since I have one TabulaRasa-pcb in my backlog,count me in for one panel.

thumbs up

Cheers
Greg

clarke68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, here's an update:

A little more crowded, but has attenuation on the Wave Select that Luka recommended and it doesn't violate my "keep all of the jacks to the bottom and the sides so they don't interfere with wiggling" rule. A couple of graphic changes that Greg requested and we're at v2!
Jarno
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice panel, thinking about a second tabularasa, it's such a quick and easy build. Board mounted pots,very little components, spent most time on getting the SD slot done neatly ( drilling and filing).
keninverse
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great. I was planning on posting a suggestion to add an attenuator on the wave select. Looks great. I'm definitely in for one possibly two if there's another run of boards and PICs.
gwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That panel looks brilliant-just one suggestion. Using a mounting bracket is pretty much essential with these due to the insertion force of the SD card-would it be possible to put a screw hole on the panel a bit below and to the right of the SD card slot?
clarke68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ gwaidan
Great suggestion...will do!
diophantine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interested in this! I quickly browsed the thread, but possibly missed some things, so apologies if these questions got answered previously.

- are the boards populated or unpopulated?

- are the changes for +/-15V operation documented?

- does the SD slot need to be mounted to the board, or can it be hooked up on its own somehow? (I'd probably be doing this in 5U, and wouldn't be using the panel pots or anything.)

- what sort of input does the frequency CV go into? i'm mostly wondering if it would be possible to have 1 unattenuated 1V/Oct input, and another attenuated expo input.
nangu
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The panel looks spectacular!!

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe moving the reset button off the PCB and putting it on the panel instead. That would make it so you could swap SD cards and load up the new sounds without having to power the whole rack off and then on again. It's not a big deal to me either way- I just thought I should mention it in case anybody really has to have it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 97, 98, 99  Next [all]
Page 24 of 99

Jump to: