MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
I'm still incredibly fucking angry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author I'm still incredibly fucking angry
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: I'm still incredibly fucking angry Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...at certain recent events, although I guess they have a positive side. I decided to get back into making noise. As apparently noise is offensive to everyone I decided that it would be best if I split these activities off to a new project and set up a separate soundcloud page so as to not bring anything else I do into disrepute.

Anyway, here's my first effort:
http://soundcloud.com/die-burial-rot/sets/moronic-drone-of-maggot-shit  /

This piece came about through a fairly complex process - I took some short snippets of sound, looped, edited and arranged them, then processed the result through my modular setup 3 times, then re-edited the results together. Or, if you prefer, I vomited the whole sorry mess in one go without any thought or direction. Contains a super secret guest performance.

Blair

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something something my 1 year old nephew could write this.

Excellent.
ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you, your pity adds a piquant soupçon to my pointless underground artistic existence...
CursedFrogurt
Square Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is clearly derivative of the works of the great 16th century noise composer Ludwig von Nelsonicus Wittgenstein Braboone. I appreciate the effort that went into crafting this piece, but I just can't see how this effort represents the striving transubstantiation towards transcendence that elevates true art from craft.
ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CursedFrogurt wrote:
This is clearly derivative of the works of the great 16th century noise composer Ludwig von Nelsonicus Wittgenstein Braboone. I appreciate the effort that went into crafting this piece, but I just can't see how this effort represents the striving transubstantiation towards transcendence that elevates true art from craft.

Don't make me get drumx4 in here. There's a new pimp in da house, b*tches, and you better all watch your step.

EDIT: You obviously didn't listen all the way through. 0:02 from the end is the only original idea that music has brought us for the last 80 years.

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At 0:12 - 0:34 you can clearly hear a backmasked voice stating "I killed Tupac". Hmmm....
ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oldstench wrote:
At 0:12 - 0:34 you can clearly hear a backmasked voice stating "I killed Tupac". Hmmm....

You're on the right track, but I can say no more - else I may end up at the bottom of the bay off the Gold Coast, feet stuck in a bass drum full of concrete.

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CursedFrogurt wrote:

Well put, CF! hihi

ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
CursedFrogurt wrote:

Well put, CF! hihi

Well, that's hilarious, since I've been doing this shit since before he was born. Maybe not that long, but check my web page, fucker.

Cheers
Blair

digital_steve
Muppet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grrrrrrrrooooowwwwwwwwrrrrrrrr ANGER

I think it means you have to frown when you play it.

causticlogic wrote:
Yeah, digital_steve spells "fun" with a capital FU...
ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

digital_steve wrote:
Grrrrrrrrooooowwwwwwwwrrrrrrrr ANGER

Awww Steve you know I is just a big pussycat lol

Cheers
Blair

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ringstone wrote:
Well, that's hilarious, since I've been doing this shit since before he was born. Maybe not that long, but check my web page, fucker.

That's amazing, since he was born in 1642!

CursedFrogurt
Square Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
ringstone wrote:

That's amazing, since he was born in 1642!

It's actually 1943 now. He was born in a fifth-dimensional vortex and his fifth dimensional lifetime projected onto our three-dimensional world appears temporally unstable. His greatest work, represented in our timespace as one hundred and thirty six days of violent brassica expurgation was in actuality a charming little five-dimensional ditty.

ringstone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There have been many Nelson Baboons, I think we are currently enjoying the 5th re-incarnation of his royal being?

Anyway, a confession. I admit my noise is a pale reflection of Nelson's. After all, he has many expensive and arcane instruments to produce his wondrous melodies, and all I have is a handmade cardboard modular synth with buttons glued on as knobs. And quite often those fall off. In fact one whole section I copied directly from Nelson's excellent youtube series on how to make noise music. Check it out, it's excellent.

I also have been forced to make a public apology to the good Doctor. Shortly after I bad-mouthed him, a black van pulled up outside my house and four large bogan drummers jumped out and proceeded to beat me mercilessly with drumsticks shouting "DRUMDRUMDRUMDRUM" all the while. When they had finished administering the trashing of my life one pulled out a half-stuffed circuit board and shoved it in my mouth. "DAT'S FROM DR E&S, MOFO" he shouted. So Doctor, I am so so so so sorry...
In a strange karmic occurrence it seemed that the sound that was made while I was being beaten was pretty much exactly the same as the only part of this noise piece that was actually my own work. Spooky times, brothers.

Seriously, shouts go out to Nelson for teaching me brevity can be best. I always used to record my noise pieces as one long improv, I quite enjoy his pithy little pieces. You can skip to the bit you like (or don't hate as much).

Cheers
Blair

EDIT: I made many mistakes typing this. My hands are still shaking and 3 fingers are broken. Once again, I am so sorry.

Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You give me too much credit.

My pieces end when I fall asleep. That is usually rather quickly, since I bore myself to, uh, sleep.

I don't get the rest of it. I just try to make music that I like.

ringstone wrote:
There have been many Nelson Baboons, I think we are currently enjoying the 5th re-incarnation of his royal being?

Anyway, a confession. I admit my noise is a pale reflection of Nelson's. After all, he has many expensive and arcane instruments to produce his wondrous melodies, and all I have is a handmade cardboard modular synth with buttons glued on as knobs. And quite often those fall off. In fact one whole section I copied directly from Nelson's excellent youtube series on how to make noise music. Check it out, it's excellent.

I also have been forced to make a public apology to the good Doctor. Shortly after I bad-mouthed him, a black van pulled up outside my house and four large bogan drummers jumped out and proceeded to beat me mercilessly with drumsticks shouting "DRUMDRUMDRUMDRUM" all the while. When they had finished administering the trashing of my life one pulled out a half-stuffed circuit board and shoved it in my mouth. "DAT'S FROM DR E&S, MOFO" he shouted. So Doctor, I am so so so so sorry...
In a strange karmic occurrence it seemed that the sound that was made while I was being beaten was pretty much exactly the same as the only part of this noise piece that was actually my own work. Spooky times, brothers.

Seriously, shouts go out to Nelson for teaching me brevity can be best. I always used to record my noise pieces as one long improv, I quite enjoy his pithy little pieces. You can skip to the bit you like (or don't hate as much).

Cheers
Blair

EDIT: I made many mistakes typing this. My hands are still shaking and 3 fingers are broken. Once again, I am so sorry.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ringstone wrote:

Well, just don't do it again (unless you want another "solder sandwich") lol

ringstone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So yeah, from my tongue-in-cheek responses above I hope people will see I'm not really that angry. Just my usual silly self. I'm certainly not going to go on a trawling expedition to check if people hate me or not lol

This did end up being an interesting experiment though. Both from the viewpoint of the music, since I got to rough out some of the ideas I've been mulling over for a while, and in a social sense. The second was unintended, but it does seem being outwardly hostile and angry will get you more notoriety (and soundcloud plays) than being nice. Of course, lots of people seemed to check out my set just out of curiosity, but didn't make it past the first part. However I already have picked up a couple of followers from the greater soundcloud community hmmm.....

Thanks for listening.

Cheers
Blair

Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More than my stuff usually gets.
ringstone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the novelty would wear off fairly quickly. Nelson, you seem to get a pretty solid following, which taken in context of the amount of material you produce, is quite a laudable achievement. It certainly puts paid to the accusations that noise is a marginal genre.

Cheers
Blair

Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ringstone wrote:
I think the novelty would wear off fairly quickly. Nelson, you seem to get a pretty solid following, which taken in context of the amount of material you produce, is quite a laudable achievement. It certainly puts paid to the accusations that noise is a marginal genre.

Cheers
Blair

ah - a good number of my tracks have fewer than 10 listens, and most of those listens are mine - usually when deciding whether to keep them up, add to groups, or put in a compilation that I'm theoretically assembling. Many of the threads I post here get fewer than 10 reads. So, I'd say that marginal with a capital 'M' is indeed the word.
ringstone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm probably guilty of not listening to enough of your music. I like it, but there is so much stuff out there (as well as yours) that I don't have enough hours in the day to listen to everything I want... Why don't you go through all your stuff and pick what you're happiest with and put an album or two up on bandcamp? I'd buy it, and I'm sure others would too...

Cheers
Blair

Nelson Baboon
is banned... again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ringstone wrote:
Well, I'm probably guilty of not listening to enough of your music. I like it, but there is so much stuff out there (as well as yours) that I don't have enough hours in the day to listen to everything I want... Why don't you go through all your stuff and pick what you're happiest with and put an album or two up on bandcamp? I'd buy it, and I'm sure others would too...

Cheers
Blair

I'm currently assembling tracks to put up on bandcamp. It is an extremely time consuming procedure, and a constantly moving target....it will probably be a pretty large set of 'albums'.
Setherian
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I wonder, how many (of u) people in this noise biz is just another fucking spoiled brat with nothing else to do, like me ... twisted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: