MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
ambient guitar recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author ambient guitar recommendations
Babaluma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, perhaps you're right. it would be a "last mod", as i don't really like the idea of cutting into her. wink but the shchaller hannes bridge would look great on it i reckon:

razorblade
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Green Strat? I've got that covered.

My Stratosaurus...Australian Lacewood body, EMG DG20s.

sduck
WTF?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is a thing of beauty! And I love those pickups - they are in my green guitar also, as well as Mike Keneally's.
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing synths is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
flickr cloud of sound touyube
desess
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had great results with a Gretsch semi-hollow guitar. It has a nice tone, that bigsby for slow and subtle tremelo and feedbacks nicely if you want it to. I would really recommend listening to a band called Stars of The Lid who produce beautiful ambient music just on guitars. The set up they use is here:
http://vintage.guitargeek.com/rigs/img/s/starsofthelid_brian_1996.gif
bleeps
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice tip! Never heard Stars of the Lid before, happy to hear them now!
zapp550
i'm prefect, are you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Love Stars of the Lid, great example of ambient guitar work
Collides/Thinktanx
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lots of nice tips in this thread. Cheers!

Btw- if you're into ambient guitar and you haven't heard Hammock, you are missing out big time!
Nano
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the things that I've found to make ambient guitar music is to find a reverb pedal with a wet/dry knob. The RV-3 is awesome for this. You can turn the knob so only 25% of the original signal is coming through. Works great.
Nano
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also check out Seaworthy
Wow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [all]
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: