MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that
 
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!



MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Silent way voice controller envelope and LFO plugin on ES4
 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Silent way voice controller envelope and LFO plugin on ES4
radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Jan 2014

Posts: 2115
Location: Sunny Australia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Silent way voice controller envelope and LFO plugin on ES4 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have managed to set up the LFO's I need on the 3 and 4 outputs of the ES4 I am using out of my macbook pro. I also have a voice controller coming out of the 1 output of the ES4 and its all working together nicely, but I would like to use an enevelope to be able to turn the sound on and off.

I tried using the 2 output but it seems to get jumbled with the LFO's. Is there a way to do it or does the ES4 not have enough outputs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2014

Posts: 5870

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ES-4 has five outputs so this should work fine. If it's not, you've probably got the software set up incorrectly.

In the Voice Controller, if you want to get an envelope out of output 2, you'll need to use the Output Matrix to remove the gate that appears on output 2 by default and replace it with an envelope. You'd also want to zero the other two envelopes and the trigger signal, which by default would be going to outputs 4/5/6 and so would clash with your LFOs.

_________________
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Jan 2014

Posts: 2115
Location: Sunny Australia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

os wrote:
The ES-4 has five outputs so this should work fine. If it's not, you've probably got the software set up incorrectly.

In the Voice Controller, if you want to get an envelope out of output 2, you'll need to use the Output Matrix to remove the gate that appears on output 2 by default and replace it with an envelope. You'd also want to zero the other two envelopes and the trigger signal, which by default would be going to outputs 4/5/6 and so would clash with your LFOs.


OS you are so awesome and I have now got the whole thing cracking exactly how I want thanks to that advice! I couldnt work it out at first but with using the matrix and turning off the various outputs so they dont conflict it worked a treat, now the envelope turns on the VCA and the LFO's are free to wreak havoc on the filters so I can gate and control the whole lots from my APC40

by the way your trick of loading the LFO's into the instrument rack works fantastically too, instead of extending the tail at the top of each Chain clip though I actually brought it back just a tad and this offers me different level settings within the various speeds depending where in the chain selection its at.

thanks again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2014

Posts: 5870

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

w00t
_________________
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phonodyne
Common Wiggler


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Last Visit: 31 Aug 2014

Posts: 144
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radiodread87 wrote:
os wrote:
The ES-4 has five outputs so this should work fine. If it's not, you've probably got the software set up incorrectly.

In the Voice Controller, if you want to get an envelope out of output 2, you'll need to use the Output Matrix to remove the gate that appears on output 2 by default and replace it with an envelope. You'd also want to zero the other two envelopes and the trigger signal, which by default would be going to outputs 4/5/6 and so would clash with your LFOs.


OS you are so awesome and I have now got the whole thing cracking exactly how I want thanks to that advice! I couldnt work it out at first but with using the matrix and turning off the various outputs so they dont conflict it worked a treat, now the envelope turns on the VCA and the LFO's are free to wreak havoc on the filters so I can gate and control the whole lots from my APC40

by the way your trick of loading the LFO's into the instrument rack works fantastically too, instead of extending the tail at the top of each Chain clip though I actually brought it back just a tad and this offers me different level settings within the various speeds depending where in the chain selection its at.

thanks again!


I'm curious about this 'LFOs in instrument racks' bit here. Any chance of a link or a bit of additional info?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2014

Posts: 5870

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=668249#668249
_________________
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phonodyne
Common Wiggler


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Last Visit: 31 Aug 2014

Posts: 144
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, that's grand. Much obliged.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Jan 2014

Posts: 2115
Location: Sunny Australia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok so to further extend this. I have noticed that the 2 output on the ES4 when I use for envelopes is hard to dial in exactly and does a few funny things like turning the VCO on in a way that follows the number 1 pitch output. Or if I am sustaining a long note I can hear the VCA output waver with the number 1 pitch, I read that these two outputs are optimised for pitch sending and so figured maybe I am using the wrong output.

So I assigned it to the number 4 output and valla it works fine, but I have an LFO coming out of output 3 and I cant find a way to turn off the output that it is sending to the output 4.

I had thought that as long as I leave the LFO for that channel off then it would be ok but it appears that when I send it through the ES4 controller and assign it to channel 3/4 in Live that it sends the 3 outputs LFO (the only one on) to the 4 output as well. I am wondering if there is another way to route it where I can get this to work.

Help me Os you are my only hope R2D2 Jedi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Last Visit: 19 Dec 2014

Posts: 5870

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radiodread87 wrote:
it appears that when I send it through the ES4 controller and assign it to channel 3/4 in Live that it sends the 3 outputs LFO (the only one on) to the 4 output as well.

That would imply that you have the ES-4 Controller's Input selector for channel 4 set incorrectly.

_________________
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/expertsleepers
http://www.darkroomtheband.net/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Mark all forums read
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group