MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
The Roots of Trance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author The Roots of Trance
Taika-Kim
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I have to add, that of course at a party it's all different, saw both Filteria and Afgin live for example, and very rocking... But musically, where is a new TIP Yellow or Orange, that warrants relistening for the next 10 years?

God I love the acid sounds in that one!

Melodic wild trance, free music & the spirit of wonder!
Babaluma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plord wrote:
Great Track. I remember picking up Dragonfly Project II Trance and the first Concept in Dance on the same day, and that was pretty much that for the next 4 years. I hoovered up anything I could find.

I didn't read back through the thread, have we mentioned that Suntrip records has been churning out oldschool melodic Goa releases for a few years now?

same story here really, i think that first dragonfly compilation came out in 93. my fave trance album of all time is still the first order odonata compilation (94). i was stuck in the trance vacuum for the next 4 or 5 years. smile don't suppose you used to go to the return to the source, escape from samsara, or psubliminal psychedelia (in tyssen street, dalston), parties, did you?
Babaluma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ taika kim, yeah the early TIP comps were great too!

recently been cranking psychopod's "friagram" really loud on the atc's, very nice test for a speaker system (not so much for the neighbours). smile
Taika-Kim
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually that might be a good neighbour test before moving in, ask the people currently living in the house to play some loud trance for a few evenings and see if the police turns up at the door razz

Yes, Psychopod, the whole Headlines EP is seriously classy! (altough can't remember now if Friagram was on that...)

Melodic wild trance, free music & the spirit of wonder!
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Taika-Kim wrote:
Maybe Filteria (great guy, and has a lot of analog gear, MS20 etc) and Afgin (also a fantastic personality, don't remember now what he is using)... And some others possibly, but generally a LOT of this new style is focusing too much on cliched melodies, and less on interesting sonic textures and acid, like the old UK sound did for example...

Filteria was the one who came to mind honestly; I listen to his first couple of albums and the _Apsara_ and _Twist Dreams_ comps. But, not even 5% as often as I listen to _Twisted_ or Tip Yellow.
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Babaluma wrote:
don't suppose you used to go to the return to the source, escape from samsara, or psubliminal psychedelia (in tyssen street, dalston), parties, did you?

Not me mate, it was all small parties in San Francisco. No real clubs took up the sound until ex-Blue-Room people started up Thump Radio, and that scene was...conflicted. 100-200 person renegades in the Santa Cruz mountains or in a small art/industrial warehouse (Consortium of Creative Consciousness, OMFG) were more my speed, and for a while there you could get to a handful of those a month.
suitandtieguy
Hammond King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

holy fucking shit this thread is still going.

it's almost like it's a V8 pusher making it's way through the sierra nevada.

suboptimal wrote:
... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suitandtieguy wrote:
holy fucking shit this thread is still going.

it's almost like it's a V8 pusher making it's way through the sierra nevada.

Funny that the White room trailer is mostly an excerpt from the _Chill Out_ source material with a house beat under it, isn't it?

Speaking of CDs I played to death and back...yeah, Chill Out, every morning after.
suitandtieguy
Hammond King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dude. that track, the acid mix of "Madrugada Eterna", is the only KLF track we don't have.

it's SUCH a fucking bummer. i think Jimmy actually burnt the cassette master away when Cressida was leaving him or something because we just DON'T have it. and it's AMAZING.

suboptimal wrote:
... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD, 1992. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suitandtieguy wrote:
dude. that track, the acid mix of "Madrugada Eterna", is the only KLF track we don't have.

it's SUCH a fucking bummer. i think Jimmy actually burnt the cassette master away when Cressida was leaving him or something because we just DON'T have it. and it's AMAZING.

Dude! If you have any rare KLF material, PM me or something. I have the History of the Jams stuff, the Extreme Noise Terror 7" of 3AM Eternal, both Last Train to Trancentral EPs, and the America: What Time is Love EP, even the F*ck the Millenium.

To my chagrin, I don't have _Space_. What else you got?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: