MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 174, 175, 176  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally love the edgy/punchy feeling the MiniBrute gives off, especially with all the flexible power under the hood... My only beef is the same as one of the ones that has already been listed - keyboard's too damn small!

But for $500, I don't really care, since the size I want would probably have doubled the cost...
dopefiend
Likes SHOUTING!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funny thing about Gordon Reid: he finds the choice of filter "iffy" because it's a 12-dB instead of 24, yet he worships his Yamaha GX-1.

And I question that, in 2012, people want YET ANOTHER Moog-filter-based synth. The Moog standard has been so hyped and overstated that, IMO, is now trite and worn out. There is already a Moog in production, so why come up with another one?.
Reminds me of the commercial: "this photocopier has features that makes it as good as a Xerox," the salesmen would announce to the potential buyer in 3 different stores. Then finally he goes to a fourth one, and asks: "is this as good as a Xerox?" the salesman replies: "it is a Xerox!" If we want Moog, we get a Voyager or a Phatty or a Taurus or a Moogerfooger...... or any of the other miriad of emulations.

I personally think that the choice of Steiner filter was excellent. Makes this thing sound DIFFERENT, for a change. You don't read or hear about Buchla trying to produce a Moogla-sounding filter, do yah..?
This thing seems to have a sound that rips through concrete. Notwhitstanding the very short keyboard, I think it's an incredible instrument, and a 3-octave one would be PERFECT, even if they keep the one VCO architecture.

I want one, but first I'll buy the Studiologic-Waldorf love child... w00t!!
r05c03
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. Preordering from MF, when did you order? Could their be a batch coming out in April and a batch later in the summer depending on when your order came in?
Squigg
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

r05c03 wrote:
Hmm. Preordering from MF, when did you order? Could their be a batch coming out in April and a batch later in the summer depending on when your order came in?

It seems like everyones order has been pushed back. I ordered mine 3 days after it was announced from GC. It originally said that i would be getting it in March, then April, and now the end of June. It seems that Arturia either didnt realize how well this little thing might sell, or has some major issues they are dealing with.
Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kind of feel silly pre-ordering, but at least it's paid for...
itijik
Three eyed monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This really should have been a cheaper version of a Moog. I don't like it.
chando
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wah?
itijik
Three eyed monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is a joke, of course hihi
Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Location: Tweed Manor, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dopefiend wrote:
Funny thing about Gordon Reid: he finds the choice of filter "iffy" because it's a 12-dB instead of 24, yet he worships his Yamaha GX-1.

And I question that, in 2012, people want YET ANOTHER Moog-filter-based synth. The Moog standard has been so hyped and overstated that, IMO, is now trite and worn out. There is already a Moog in production, so why come up with another one?.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I never could understand the worship some people have for the 24 dB/octave filter, like it was the holy grail of topology.

It's good. It's great in some cases. But it's not as though 12 dB is an "inferior" design. It's like saying chocolate is inferior to vanilla or strawberry.
clusterchord
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cudos to Gordon Reid for synth secrets.. truly amazing and helpful series.

however, this is not the first or the last time he made such stunts in reviews. he and several others in SOS have a long history of tad biased or ill-informed reviews. not just that but serving plain out inaccurate data... like refering to Jupiter 8 as a CEM based machine. or saying SE Omega sounds like MKS80, and they are both no better than his (UK made of course) Novation SuperNova. what utter rubbish.

so, whenever you read anything on the net, any article where author is getting payed for, you should read with a HUGE grain of salt. no matter who he is. just saying.

i stopped reading payed reviews like 15 years ago, when i stopped my kbd subscrition too. haven't missed either. there's always a better way to find out things about a product than reading SOS. luckily we have internet. just wait till some ppl buy it, use it.. talk about it. safest route.

maybe its an old english - french feud or something. SOS almost never gives a negative review of anything Mr. Green

euro: 109615 109627

FS: Waldorf Q32 kbd blue - A121 - Maxon PT9 Pro phaser

WTB: Intellijel Dixie v1 - Borg 1 (white knobs) - Mungo w0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 174, 175, 176  Next [all]
Page 61 of 176

Jump to: