MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
MIDITRIBE Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author MIDITRIBE Discussion Thread
Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mckenic wrote:
Sorry I couldnt be any more help but if it makes any difference, I am a VERY happy MidiTribe customer smile

thumbs up

Dave

Hi Dave,

Great to hear that you are happy with your MIDITRIBE thumbs up
Sorry, but hmmm........ I must be honest with you, these USB to MIDI cables can't be taken seriously seriously, i just don't get it, as you are an owner of a MacBook and an Ultralite, I believe you know why. I mean, have a look to your MacBook and Ultralite, despite the good looking factor, there's a lot of effort and development put into those things, also they are made with high quality parts and follows the standards, in fact they are the standards, you can't say the same about these USB to MIDI cables.
We are very happy with your feedback and comments, now we can add the MOTU Utralite MkI to the tested and approved list.

Many Thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
renton
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yippiiiieeeehhh!!!! hihi

I finally got my MIDITRIBE sychronised with my Notebook.

Gabriel, you can put the miditech MIDIFACE 2x2 on your compatibility list:

http://www.miditech.de/site.php4?site_id=144

Works perfectly with Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate. Just plug and play, no special driver or software installation needed. In Ableton Live, it's called "Midilink" and "MIDIOUT2 (Midilink)".

Everything works, synchronisation and programming.

Now, i will play around a little bit. cool

If I'll have any questions concerning the programming of MIDITRIBE in Ableton Live, can I ask this forum here too?

Til then,
Ralf
Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Yes! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

renton wrote:
Gabriel, you can put the miditech MIDIFACE 2x2 on your compatibility list:

http://www.miditech.de/site.php4?site_id=144

Works perfectly with Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate. Just plug and play, no special driver or software installation needed. In Ableton Live, it's called "Midilink" and "MIDIOUT2 (Midilink)".

Everything works, synchronisation and programming.

If I'll have any questions concerning the programming of MIDITRIBE in Ableton Live, can I ask this forum here too?

Til then,
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Great to hear you got everything sorted, this makes the miditech MIDIFACE 2x2 another one to our list.

We advise you to download the latest version of the MIDITRIBE Owner's Manual, there are some new features added after the MONOTRIBE OS 2 Update.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to, this is the main reason we created this forum.

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazing Machines wrote:
Hi Ralf,

Great to hear you got everything sorted, this makes the miditech MIDIFACE 2x2 another one to our list.

We advise you to download the latest version of the MIDITRIBE Owner's Manual, there are some new features added after the MONOTRIBE OS 2 Update.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to, this is the main reason we created this forum.

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! thumbs up

Last edited by lombrose on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
psilocynik
1-Post Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi mates!

I installed the MIDITRIBE interface on my Monotribe, it rules! Really professional; well packed, looks very nice, well done Amazing Machines!!

I have just one question, but not easy to formulate; actually I have a AKAI XR20, a nice little beatbox which has a MIDI connection, so the best solution for me to synchronize the Monotribe is rather via the XR20 than KP3 (in terms of ergonomy) but here's my little problem;

When I plug the Miditribe to the XR20, the tempo is doubled: to obtain 120Bpm I have to enter 60Bpm, for 160; 80, etc.
which is a problem because if I want to use the note repeat I have to double also the value (and it's not infinite of course!).

So what can I do even on the Monotribe or the XR20 to synchronize the two machines on the same BPM value?

Here we are. Sorry if the question's stupid but I don't really know anything usefull about MIDI smile
(I already searched into the XR20 MIDI option)

Thanks again for the Miditribe solution,
Big up!!

Best regards from France.
Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

psilocynik wrote:
Hi mates!

I installed the MIDITRIBE interface on my Monotribe, it rules! Really professional; well packed, looks very nice, well done Amazing Machines!!

I have just one question, but not easy to formulate; actually I have a AKAI XR20, a nice little beatbox which has a MIDI connection, so the best solution for me to synchronize the Monotribe is rather via the XR20 than KP3 (in terms of ergonomy) but here's my little problem;

When I plug the Miditribe to the XR20, the tempo is doubled: to obtain 120Bpm I have to enter 60Bpm, for 160; 80, etc.
which is a problem because if I want to use the note repeat I have to double also the value (and it's not infinite of course!).

So what can I do even on the Monotribe or the XR20 to synchronize the two machines on the same BPM value?

Here we are. Sorry if the question's stupid but I don't really know anything usefull about MIDI smile
(I already searched into the XR20 MIDI option)

Thanks again for the Miditribe solution,
Big up!!

Best regards from France.

Hi Psilocynik,

This is not the first time I've seen it, usually with KORG instruments. We have the same problem with our microKORG mk1 when trying to sync it to ableton, depending on how ableton is setted, if we send MIDI Clock to 1 port it works fine, if we set ableton to send MIDI clock to 2 diferent ports all of our KORG synths including a Poly-800II go crazy and double the clock. I'm not sure why it happens but looks like it is related to how KORG synths interpret MIDI Timecode. Same thing happend with the MONOTRIBE when trying to send MIDI Clock to 2 diferent ports in Logic Pro. In your case the XR20 only have 1 port so you can't try to turn off MIDI Clock to other ports. The only sugestion I may come up with is to try diferent senttings for MIDI Clock Out on the XR20, which you said you already did. The MONOTRIBE have no settings for this kind of messages, our interface adds no code or something that can be configured further, the MIDITRIBE is only a converter to adequate the standard MIDI signal to what the MONOTRIBE can read, what ever happens after the conversion is up to KORG and what they implemented on the machine, but as I mentioned before, all of our MIDI equipped KORGs have the same problem depending on specific configurations. Certainly this is not the answer you was looking for but it is what it is right?
Fear not to ask as many questions as you need to, this is the main reason we created this forum, so we could answer our customers questions. Please post back here if you find a solution for your specific case.

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For more information on the MIDITRIBE I/O please have a look to this Synthtopia post:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/02/12/amazing-machines-miditrib e-io-for-korg-monotribe-teaser/
flx
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just came across this great MIDITRIBE I/O video review from SonicState and thought I'd post it here.

In the video it is mentioned that you plan to make the MIDITRIBE I/O available through stores. Do you have any more info on that already?
Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

flx wrote:
I just came across this great MIDITRIBE I/O video review from SonicState and thought I'd post it here.

In the video it is mentioned that you plan to make the MIDITRIBE I/O available through stores. Do you have any more info on that already?

Hi Flx,

Yes, we are working on it, Rubadub is already our official dealer in the EU, they are selling the MIDITRIBE I/O on their physical store at Glasgow UK, also on eBay and through their website here:

http://www.rubadub.co.uk/

Thanks for posting the Sonic State review, we should have done that but, as you can figure, time has been very tight, the MIDITRIBE I/O is selling very well applause
We couldn't even update our eBay listing yet, can you imagine that?

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Amazing Machines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: