MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Where do I start with Merzbow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Where do I start with Merzbow?
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BTW "Antimonument" has to have the best picture disc art I have ever seen:

Cheers
Blair

nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for some shameless self-promo again, but I think that maybe the forthcoming third collaboration between Akita-san and me might interest some of you. We decided many years ago to do a trilogy, and we recorded the last part during this winter. The first two were a mixture of his classic trademark noise and my ambient textures; like this:

For the last third installment (CD on Cold Spring Records later this year) "Partikel III" we decided to go all analog and droning, so it will be one of the more calmer and accessible Merzbow offerings ever released. As a big fan I must say that I have never heard something similar in style from him - I was quite surprised when I heard it the first time!

I also would like to add that I consider it a big honor to be able to have worked with one of my biggest influences. I am truly blessed.

BUY/LISTEN: http://nordvargr.bandcamp.com
VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/nrdvrgr
amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nrdvrgr wrote:

I also would like to add that I consider it a big honor to be able to have worked with one of my biggest influences. I am truly blessed.

This is great! I am happy to know he owns my old VCS3 :-)

I bought the Merzbient box but was really hoping it woulf be like this!

One thing I have always wondered is if he has tenitus or uses ear protection.

vicmod records
vicmod blog
modular vids
tumblr its in my brain now
discog
cray news
Ancestor
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love his collaborations with Boris, especially the Walrus LP on Hydrahead Records.
shred
desperation tentacle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not familiar with much of Merzbow's work but so far I'm really enjoying Pulse Demon and Merzbeat! I'll have to check out some more of these

Really like that track you posted Nrdvrgr!! SlayerBadger!
Looking forward to the final part of your collaboration, it's sounds like it'll be very interesting!

www.shredderghost.bandcamp.com

MrTea
Reptilian Brain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1930 is a great album.
bwandice
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started with animal magnetism, then checked out a little Pulse Demon.

I haven't really acquired the taste yet, but I do like the idea of auditory catharsis. I listen to it when I'm, you know, upset.
bwandice
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started with animal magnetism, then checked out a little Pulse Demon.

I haven't really acquired the taste yet, but I do like the idea of auditory catharsis. I listen to it when I'm, you know, upset.
thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jonah wrote:
I like some Merzbow, like 1930, but I think Massona is a lot more interesting and rewarding. Check out Ejaculation Generater or Frequency LSD.

indeed! but Masonna is even so much better live! AMAZING!!!! one of the best shows I've seen. That is how it's done!
Suburban Bather
Miami Flesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.discogs.com/Merzbow-Gore-Beyond-Necropsy-Rectal-Anarchy/rel ease/102341
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: