MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
load & distance

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK
solarmodulars
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

radiodread87 wrote:

lol soon you will be snorting straight lines of Macbeth hehehe

i think some macbeth euro pictures planted the seed of addiction in me.

Dead Banana
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because I can justify dropping as much on a single module as a lot of full synths cost. It starts with the Doepfer gateway drug and before you know it you are on that hard Cwejman stuff...

Cheers
Blair

MisterBrown
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

0-70 modules in 6 months... About to add 12 more. Guinness ftw!

no regrets!
amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only 9U but i'm sure that wil be almost 24 , the only problem is the money..

richard wrote:
"we just need some mutlinational to grab the copyrights over the sine wave and we are all fucked"
thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, it used to be the "cheap" format. I recall getting (used) VCAs and other modules for about $25, then the $ tanked. And now many euro modules cost more than MOTM which got heat for such high prices at the time. Even though they remained about the same.
hmmmm....
elektrokick
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

matttech wrote:
well, put it this way. i had a DEFINITE budget ceiling of 2500 to cover modules, sequencing and midi-cv. that didn't work out so well. now i've spent over 6000 in under a year

it went from this:

to this:

pretty damn quickly......in fact there's now even more than when i took THOSE photos. i've spilled out into collecting guitar pedals too now for god's sake........

Hi Mattech, what case is that lower one with the angled second tier? Great setup there btw, looks very effective
nrdvrgr
Working at NASA on acid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only cure is to go Buchla or Serge. Does not cure you, but reduces the urge to get a fix quite drastically. But of course, you get new problems... bigger problems...

BUY/LISTEN: http://nordvargr.bandcamp.com
VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/nrdvrgr
Lockheed
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MFB Microzwerg in December 2011.
DIY uzeus powered toolbox case in January 2012.
Doepfer 9U case in February 2012.
??? in March 2012...

I feel I may have dived in too quickly... 40 modules incl. Maths, PP, Anti, huge number of Doepfer utilities have potential for years, yet I'm longing for more. Fortunately stuff like Cyclebox, E350 is not available at the moment, as I'd have a hell of a time telling my wife I need space for yet another case. What's funny, I would never have spent this much money on standalone synths...

I'm on muffcrack I think. Reading about the great stuff feeds the GAS.
Can't say I regret anything though, I'm having so much fun and creative vibes with the modular that I haven't touched my keys and vst instruments for three months. .
richard
bananaphile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

beware the cwejman

in your imagination you are still buying doepfer, in reality you are already functioning at Serge/Buchla cost levels. Plus, wowa puts special drugs in them. the very same ones they use in Whiskas catfood and Pringles. "I'll just buy one of these things" yeah, right.

Navs is his envoy on earth by the way. Be careful of visting his blog. In fact I'd put that guy on ignore right now
Lockheed
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

elektrokick wrote:

Hi Mattech, what case is that lower one with the angled second tier? Great setup there btw, looks very effective

Looks like Doepfer Monster Base, probably will expand that way myself too. Mattech sure has a neat setup. He's a proper model of eurorack victim too (no offense Matt, I've been reading your posts with great interest). Maybe Matt should be touring in schools telling about the risks of euro modulars Guinness ftw!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: