MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Let's hear your stories about why this is called EuroCRACK
sixteen
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gas bill = 450
council tax bill = 300
bank account = -300

But i just got the 4ms peg...

I am hungry mind you, Lucky crack heads don't eat much....

Sixteen
polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My shoes have a massive hole in the sole from riding bmx, but instead of buying new ones, I bought a module.
tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the WMD GC pedal, loved it.

Then they came out with the GC in eurorack, so I had to have that. Got a eurorack case, of course needed a a119....and it just went from there.

Now I have...a lot. https://vimeo.com/37036477

dansna
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

started off with a 9U case thinking i was giving myself lots of room to expand.

a year later - currently ordering a beautiful ash 15U 104 hp case from ross lamond.

not sure whether i should sell the 9U or keep it for when i run out of room in the 15U!
J
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

polyroy wrote:
My shoes have a massive hole in the sole from riding bmx, but instead of buying new ones, I bought a module.

lol

and is the reason your shoes have holes is cause you spent the money for brakes on modules?

Last edited by J on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

elektrokick wrote:
matttech wrote:
well, put it this way. i had a DEFINITE budget ceiling of 2500 to cover modules, sequencing and midi-cv. that didn't work out so well. now i've spent over 6000 in under a year

it went from this:

to this:

pretty damn quickly......in fact there's now even more than when i took THOSE photos. i've spilled out into collecting guitar pedals too now for god's sake........

Hi Mattech, what case is that lower one with the angled second tier? Great setup there btw, looks very effective

it's a doepfer monster base case. it's pretty cool, but if i was doing it again, i'd maybe get ross (microscopial) to build me a wooden case with a slightly different (but similar) design....in the UK/EU, that is.....or Goikes cases in the US

http://matttechmodulardemos.bandcamp.com/
INTERESTING EURORACK PATCHES:
http://matttechoffcuts.bandcamp.com/
jules
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

recently realized that I was an addict, when I found M3 screws... in my bathroom.
abstractjuz
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

matttech wrote:
i've spilled out into collecting guitar pedals too now for god's sake...

I'm actually more concerned about Pedal Popping than Eurocrack.

When I started my modular two years ago I had a couple of pedals - now I have a pile that is about knee height...

eek!

READYdot
controlled by voltage!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went from 6U to 12U together with 10 effectpedals to 27U back to 15U and couldn't be happier now. I have 12U of free room...
polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

J wrote:
polyroy wrote:

lol

and is the reason your shoes have holes is cause you spent the money for brakes on modules?

It's because I don't have money to buy new rims when they get wonky (precious module money), so riding brakeless solves the problem lol

J
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

polyroy wrote:
J wrote:
polyroy wrote:

lol

It's because I don't have money to buy new rims when they get wonky (precious module money), so riding brakeless solves the problem lol

hihi
suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I grew my system until it was so big that I couldn't comfortably patch it anymore in the space that I have.

So now I'm selling off modules I use less to buy more expensive modules, thus shrinking the system while making it, ultimately, even more irrational. SlayerBadger!
Bendu
The most common wiggler ever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suboptimal wrote:
I grew my system until it was so big that I couldn't comfortably patch it anymore in the space that I have.

So now I'm selling off modules I use less to buy more expensive modules, thus shrinking the system while making it, ultimately, even more irrational. SlayerBadger!

This has to be the post of the month. we're not worthy

modular shared system
nickster
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The evil little b'stard of all is the subtlest form of Eurocracked. Which is when the module that is about to come out prevents you from buying the module that is already out. You think you are in control and being smart. But in fact you are in so deep that you will pledge all your bets on a horse that has not even left the stable let alone made it's way to the race track.

Dolly I await your pleasure, you little minx you. Lotsa Love

Microscopial
"stripes!!!" what me mmmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well I got caught out by the pusherman(daren ager) and his assistant (tibs)and bought a populated 9u case, which was fun and then I started reading up about other modules , so decided I needed a 12u case( matthews in the end) and then decided to start my own little business producing cases for you guys, and Im now just about to make myself a 15u 128hp wide case ooops damn you eurocrack and your plentiful toys of fun and frolics

damn you I say Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana

email/ [email protected]
flickr/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/59671775@N03/
twitter/ lamonddesign http://twitter.com/#!/
facebook/ ross lamond http://www.facebook.com/ross.lamond1 or follow the lamonddesign page
website/ www.lamonddesign.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: