MUFF WIGGLER
you'll find what you're looking for, life's like that

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Question about the 4ms clock divider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Question about the 4ms clock divider
jjr
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Question about the 4ms clock divider Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello all --
So I have been reading the instructions of my 4ms clock divider - but I am still a little fuzzy on one or two things.
mainly I want to know -
If I re-configure the jumpers on the back is there a way to get the maximum passive ( with no CV applied ) division rate above 8? Or does reconfiguring the jumpers only effect the max division rate when CV's are applied?

target_destroyed
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not to sound like a d-bag, but the chart you posted answered your question. Any position of the jumpers other than "both in" increases the max. divide range with or without cv. The left side of the chart shows the range w/ cv applied to the "rotate" jack, the right side shows the range without cv.
jjr
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well - you may be right - but I find the diagram confusing. The right hand side says

" with NO voltage applied to the CV rotate" --

and I know that the total divide range changes based on the amount of voltage

SO in your interpretation then - what would be the other divide by amounts on 4ms between 1 and 64 when no jumpers added?
target_destroyed
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjr wrote:
well - you may be right - but I find the diagram confusing. The right hand side says

" with NO voltage applied to the CV rotate" --

Well isn't that what you were asking? Is there a way to increase the divide range above 8 w/out cv? The right hand side of the chart shows the ranges with no cv present. The "9-16" setting means the "/1" jack becomes "/9", the "/2" jack becomes "/10" and so on up to /16.

Quote:
SO in your interpretation then - what would be the other divide by amounts on 4ms between 1 and 64 when no jumpers added?

There are 8 output jacks on the module, so no matter the jumper settings you will only have 8 sequential divisions of the clock signal unless you apply voltage to the rotate jack. With no jumpers present, as the chart shows your range will be from /33 (at the "/1" jack) to /40 (at the "/8" jack). The manual on the 4ms site shows the voltages required at the rotate jack to produce the other divisions.
bsmith
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's right - so the column on the right tells you what 8 divisions are present with no voltage at rotate, and on the left the significant thing to note is the highest number it can rotate to - so at the point of highest rotation if you keep going it wraps back around to 1,2,3, etc... It's just a limit - in the case of both 3 and 4 on you only have 1-8 available to rotate around because it's capped at 8, and like target said, with no jumpers on both 3 and 4 the unrotated voltage are as stated in the chart - 33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40 - but in that jumper mode you have the widest range of sequential voltages available to rotate to - which at the high end wraps around, so for instance you could have 62,63,64,1,2,3,4,5 for those funky 63 against 5 polyrhythms.
Band

jjr
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok thanks guys
I think I get it now - I appreciate you taking the time to explain this too me.
best
jjr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: