MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
faster now, stronger
 
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 



MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
New Serge style ASR and VCS for Euro!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author New Serge style ASR and VCS for Euro!
widgetoz
Wiggling with Experience


Joined: 02 May 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014

Posts: 359
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gwaidan wrote:
clarke68 wrote:
Mildly off-topic, but releated...is this a new module as well:



...? I don't recall seeing it before...obviously I need to start paying more attention to Elby.


That one (and the Octave/Volts/Hertz) has been kicking around on Laurie's site as coming soon since about 2008. :)

pulse_divider wrote:
Veqtor wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:
the CGS one I have is not really usable for pitch. I guess it's possible that it has a technical problem, but it seems to be functioning (despite being sloppy on pitch) as intended and there don't appear to be any trimpots to calibrate.


Did you build it yourself? Capacitor choice seems to be very important.


Nope, it's a Metalbox build... Top notch quality.
I just google searched and found I'm not alone:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-327227.html


That thread seems to offer a solution-it's variable offsets in the hold amplifiers. Maybe National LF411As would be a good solution to that?


Don't worry, this time it IS for real.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014

Posts: 1789
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

widgetoz wrote:
gwaidan wrote:
clarke68 wrote:
Mildly off-topic, but releated...is this a new module as well:



...? I don't recall seeing it before...obviously I need to start paying more attention to Elby.


That one (and the Octave/Volts/Hertz) has been kicking around on Laurie's site as coming soon since about 2008. smile



Don't worry, this time it IS for real.


Yay!!! Great to see these two out in the wild at last! It's peanut butter jelly time!

_________________
lordofthebored wrote:
Any news on this yet? I just sold all my other modules of this type so I could replace it with this different implementation of the same thing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KNYST
hiding in the forest


Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2014

Posts: 2804
Location: the Taiga, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ASR kit! Yum! nanners

What are the measurements of the pcb?

_________________
NOISE HEALS.
patch responsibly.
LISTEN | WATCH
>> live at Halo#4, 4th April (Bug modular)

FS/T: modules & FX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
widgetoz
Wiggling with Experience


Joined: 02 May 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014

Posts: 359
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

falafelbiels wrote:
So how deep will this VCS be then?






:hyper:
kits!

7.3cm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KNYST
hiding in the forest


Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2014

Posts: 2804
Location: the Taiga, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depth of ASR?
_________________
NOISE HEALS.
patch responsibly.
LISTEN | WATCH
>> live at Halo#4, 4th April (Bug modular)

FS/T: modules & FX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gwaidan
Super Deluxe Wiggler


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014

Posts: 1789
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pulse_divider wrote:
Veqtor wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:
the CGS one I have is not really usable for pitch. I guess it's possible that it has a technical problem, but it seems to be functioning (despite being sloppy on pitch) as intended and there don't appear to be any trimpots to calibrate.


Did you build it yourself? Capacitor choice seems to be very important.


Nope, it's a Metalbox build... Top notch quality.
I just google searched and found I'm not alone:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-327227.html


Have a look at the schematics on Laurie's site-looks like he's modded the circuit quite a bit including offset trimmers on all the hold amplifiers and using a modern low on-resistance DG409 instead of the original's generic CD4052 CMOS switch. It should be better-performing than the CGS original (or the Metalbox).

_________________
lordofthebored wrote:
Any news on this yet? I just sold all my other modules of this type so I could replace it with this different implementation of the same thing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
widgetoz
Wiggling with Experience


Joined: 02 May 2009
Last Visit: 23 Apr 2014

Posts: 359
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KNYST wrote:
Depth of ASR?

7.5cm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Arcade Sinusoid
Veteran Wiggler


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2014

Posts: 583
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These look great! May have to pop my kit cherry! oops
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J
Veteran Wiggler


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 22 Apr 2014

Posts: 544
Location: Yorkshire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

been looking at a few kits recently, and the VCS looks like the one to go for.
are these only available direct from elby?

cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Isaiah
Ultra Wiggler


Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2014

Posts: 993

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anybody know the depth of the VCS at all?
Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Mark all forums read
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group