MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jumbling Formats (re-post)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Jumbling Formats (re-post)
exeterdown
Posted this on the Eurorack page and got no love.

So, as a noob it's hard to find simple explanations of some simple modular terms on the net. "Mult" is one of them. I'm guessing it's short for multiple, and if I could play with one am sure I would figure it out in no time but...

What is a mult exactly?

Also, I've been interested in something to help my main Buchla system talk to some Eurorack stuff and possibly my Moog and Frostwave gear. The Format Jumbler looks like exactly what I'd want.

Is there an alternative to the Format Jumbler?

Also is there anything I need to keep in mind when patching between Eurorack and Buchla, Moog or Frostwave?

I understand they use a different scale, but if I was just looking to do things like send audio signals to external filters and maybe control them with the odd LFO or something do I really need to worry about things such as volts per octave?
nrdvrgr
>What is a mult exactly?

See it as a cablesplitter... patch a cable into it and you get the same thing out of more jacks. Thats the easiest way to put it.

>Is there an alternative to the Format Jumbler?

If you are referring to the Make Noise FJ I think no (in euro). Unless you go DIY. There was recently quite sexy "jumbling boxes" in the B/S/T made by... someone on the forum... can´t remember who.

>Also is there anything I need to keep in mind when patching between Eurorack and Buchla, Moog or Frostwave?

Buchla and Moog tracks different (1 v/oct vs 1.2 v/oct) so if you want perfectly tuned interaction you will have problems. Other than that, no problems as long as they are all grounded together.
There was something in a thread here about some pulses from the 281e being a bit to harsh for some euromodules, but that is the only word of precaution I have heard about.. maybe the experts can chime in here.

I have "Jumbled" a lot back and forth between euro and Buchla without any issues whatsoever.
7thDanSound
exeterdown wrote:
I understand they use a different scale, but if I was just looking to do things like send audio signals to external filters and maybe control them with the odd LFO or something do I really need to worry about things such as volts per octave?

No
theboddy
The Format Jumbler works well - I use it between my Serge system and the rest of my gear - Eurorack / Roland 100M / Voyager & Minimoog / VCS3 with no problems. It's even got a grounding socket on it for the Serge PSU which is handy.

Only thing to remember is both this and most multi's are passive - i.e., not powered so if you split a signal to multiple destinations through one of these you will get a voltage drop. This is really only critical for pitched work. If that is an issue you can get a buffered i.e., powered multi to handle such voltage critical tasks.
exeterdown
That's awesome, thanks.

About the grounding though, how would I do it?
I noticed a ground jack on the Format Jumbler but I wasn't sure what to plug into it.
theboddy
Well on the Serge there's a grounding socket on the PSU so you just take a banana cable from there and stick the other end in the special grounding socket on the Format Jumbler and then forget about it.
exeterdown
If I don't have a ground on my Buchla, Moog or Frostwave can I do any damage by not grounding it or is it more to stop hum?
PhineasFreak
Am collecting my first Buchla bits today off RichyHo - along with a diy euro module to do grounding and conversion of banana to jacks.

i've got a kenton pro2000 mkII which can cope with 1v/oct, 1.2v/oct and hz/oct - but i'll need to convert the +5v > -5v range of most euro to 0v > +10v of buchla:

i understand synovatron's cv-tools module may be ideal for this - anyone tried it?
rattlework
You may want to check out this post for 1/8" to banana conversion:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=697699&highlight=#69 7699

Also what about the Doepfer a129-3 or a183-2 to convert cv from euro to Buchla.
rydan
exeterdown wrote:

If you plan to modulate something on the buchla with LFO:s from the euro/moog world, you might not get the result you think, since Buchla is positive voltage only while euro/moog LFO:s generally are bipolar.
cbm
exeterdown wrote:
What is a mult exactly?

In its most simple form, a mult is a bunch of jacks that are connected together. Sometimes you see buffered mults, or multis that have different kinds of jacks (the Eardrill mult includes a couple kinds of jacks)

Quote:
Also is there anything I need to keep in mind when patching between Eurorack and Buchla, Moog or Frostwave?

The systems need to be grounded together, if only by an audio cable between systems (the shield of the audio cable is your ground in this case.)

Quote:

The Buchla world has audio levels at roughly line level, while most modular formats have hotter audio, so there might be some issues there.

The Buchla world has unipolar control voltages in the range of 0-10 v. There aren't agreed upon ranges in the rest of the world, but Euro seems to be 0-5 v, or -5 to 5v. In general it's very hard for a system with +/- 12 volt power supplies to deal with a 10 v control range. You probably won't blow anything up, though.
exeterdown
Thanks everyone, really great answers.

I'm mainly looking at audio processing (really looking forward to a Cwejman MMF-1 and waiting for the latest hype surrounding CV granular to settle before making a choice [even though I think it'll be hard to top the MakeNoise Phonogene]) but was really bummed to find out the Kilpatrick K4816 Pattern Generator is no longer available in Buchla format.

rattlework wrote:
You may want to check out this post for 1/8" to banana conversion:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=697699&highlight=#69 7699

I would prefer to keep it in the system(s) if possible.

rattlework wrote:

Also what about the Doepfer a129-3 or a183-2 to convert cv from euro to Buchla.

If I can't simply use a mult to get a Eurorack K4816 to sequence my Buchla I take it because both Eurorack and Buchla have a 10v range by using the Doepfer 183-2 I could offset the incoming or outgoing signal by 5v and they would be compatible?
PhineasFreak
exeterdown wrote:
If I can't simply use a mult to get a Eurorack K4816 to sequence my Buchla I take it because both Eurorack and Buchla have a 10v range by using the Doepfer 183-2 I could offset the incoming or outgoing signal by 5v and they would be compatible?

does anyone know if feeding +10v from buchla into a eurorack module designed for only +5v will result in clipping or destruction?

i note doepfer's website states:

doepfer wrote:
Control voltages, as produced by modulation sources like the LFO and ADSR, are from -2.5 V to +2.5 V (5 VSS) for the LFO, and from 0 V to +8 V for the ADSR.These definitions of the various signals, and the distinctions between them - sound sources and modulation sources - are right in principle, but a modular system like the A-100 often makes a mockery of them. In a modular set-up, all of the modules produce voltages, and can be used as control voltages or triggers, thus blurring the distinction between the various types.
For example, the output from an LFO can be used as an audio signal, as a control voltage for a VCF or VCA, or as a trigger signals for a sequence.
It’s just about true to say that anything can be modulated by anything else, so that a modular system gives the musician extraordinary flexibility and individuality.

implying all modules can take +8v.

i want to use my Cwejman ATT-4 with some Buchla cv's - do i brave feeding it +10v from Buchla?
exeterdown
Yes but only so I don't have to risk it. nanners
PhineasFreak
Cwejman answered my email within about 10s!

they say happily feed the ATT-4 10v from Buchla - it'll have no problems and so i will keep mine for knocking +10v cv's down to euro levels! yay!

waiting on response from Synovatron as to suitability of cv tools module to scale up voltages...
rattlework
Quote:
If you are looking for perfect pitch translation from euro to buchla it may be tricky. Something like the Z8000 may work fine because it outputs up to +10v but other modules with narrower ranges and bipolar outputs may not work as well. I would try to get info for kilpatrick maybe he has a good solution.
franzschuier
exeterdown wrote:
find out the Kilpatrick K4816 Pattern Generator is no longer available in Buchla format.

I think chrisso is selling one. Wanted to buy... But no room in the case.
PhineasFreak
I have been chatting with Tony from Synovatron - instead of getting four doepfer 183-2's and modding them or modding a cv-tools, he's gonna look into making me a diy 4 channel euro/buchla interface. it'll convert euro 3.5mm jack +/-5v cv's to banana 0-10v cv's, and the other direction too, along with a ground connection if necessary, all correctly colour coded sockets to match the buchla, for probably around the cost of a couple of the doepfer modules.

i'l post further updates when a design is finalised...
exeterdown
Wow, I'm sure that would go down a treat around here.
Can I request that it be made in Eurorack format though?
Buchla real estate is a lot more expensive.
PhineasFreak
oh - sorry for confusion - it will be a euro module!
synthomaniac
As PhineasFreak has already announced I have been working on a Euro to Buchla CV translator module for him. Well it's done and I have already received a commission to make a second for another Muffwiggler. As you can see from the photos below it's a bit labour intensive but an effective way of implementing one-off (ok two-off) modules. If I get enough interest I'll wil do a short production run with a dedicated PCB design and a screen printed front panel. Please let me know if you're interested; the more interest the cheaper it will be.

I have used one of my DIY Prototyping kits - an A-100 bus and Cliff jack compatible breadboard (part no. DIY3 - a new design) and an 8HP front panel (part no. 8HPJ - 5 x 8.2mm holes for jacks and 5 x 7mm holes for pots); I had to open out one 7mm hole and make a new hole for this project.

It has four Euro to Buchla channels (converts ±5V to 0-10V) and one Buchla to Euro channel (converts 0-10V to ±5V) plus a ground reference connector.

Here are a few pics:-

Here shown with DIY3 prototyping boards.

Hope you like - this one will be winging its way to PhineasFreak in a day or so.

If anyone is interested in DIY prototyping kits I will be updating all the details on my blog over the weekend http://synovatron.blogspot.co.uk/p/products.html

Tony
Synovatron Electronic Music
Votek_Mendo
cool! just the location of the ground that i 'm too sure. hmmm.....

thumbs up
synthomaniac
A fair comment. The ground could go below the lower channel sockets but it would be very close to them to avoid fouling the lower rail. A productionised version would not be constrained by the DIY pcb/front panel socket/hole positions and would allow the five channels to be moved up and the ground to be placed neatly below. That's good feedback thanks!
PhineasFreak
ooooh! i cant wait - i'll be able to use stuff like bananlogue vcs to control morph on 259e! (something i been wanting to do since i got hold of the buchla...) It's peanut butter jelly time!
legionhwp
MOTM makes a 5U panel one. I also make and sell custom 200e multiformat patch and attenuator panels via DAEDSound.com. Either as 200e panels or standalone boxes.

You can see one on the left in my blog post here: http://synthandi.blogspot.com/2011/09/phase-me.html
(there is a tinijack multiple in the middle row smile)

exeterdown wrote:

Is there an alternative to the Format Jumbler?
PhineasFreak
my first proper play with the euro-buchla cv translator:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ylem-records/donkey[/s]

the two formats play well together - there was a bananalogue/serge VCS and an ASys RS-510e EMS Synthi trapezoid Generator doing the sequencing for all percussives, with a load of cross modulation and feed backs from buchla 281e as well.

there's a 259e being fm'ed by ASys RS-95 fm patch for the weird wobble on the plucked/bongoey sound - i forget what else now...
Bricks
dat wiring love love
synthomaniac
Votek_Mendo wrote:
cool! just the location of the ground that i 'm too sure. hmmm.....

thumbs up

Here's another I built for Mudlogger with the GND connection moved down, otherwise the same spec.

I have another two interested wigglers; a few more takers and I'll go the pcb rather than prototype board route. Is there any interest in Euro/Buchla gate/trigger interfacing too?

mudlogger
w00t
rattlework
I would be intersted as long as is was assembled and the price was reasonable. A euro to buchla gate would also be nice.
synthomaniac
Now that I have delivered two custom designs (as you can see in earlier posts) and have had some more interest I have put together some initial designs and am now contemplating an initial relatively small production run of Euro modules; four 4HP modules types, probably 20-30 of each type. This will enable you to mix and match according to your needs. Please note these are not final but are well developed based on the various requirements I have had from interested people.

So here they are, let me know what you think, if it interests you and you think you want one or more (no obligation to buy, I will not PM anyone who responds) then I may revise the build quantity to get better economy and may revise some detail of the design if it is justified. I envisage the CV gain to be 1 or 1.2 (or 1/1.2) by jumper selection. Other gains for older standards will still be available by special order by changing resistor values. All will use 0.1% resistors in gain critical paths. Please feel free to ask questions.

Cheers
Tony
synthomaniac
exeterdown wrote:
Wow, I'm sure that would go down a treat around here.
Can I request that it be made in Eurorack format though?
Buchla real estate is a lot more expensive.

Hi exeterdown I PM'd you a while back but I don't know if you picked it up yet.

Cheers
Tony
prscrptn
This would be a welcome addition the the module module format... thumbs up
Parallel Worlds
hi Tony,

they seem very nice!

i would be interested in the GT1 and the CV1 modules!

but what about a module that converts the euro 1volt/oct to the Buchla 1.2 volts/oct and vice versa? this is what really interestes me the most.

and what would be the cost of each of these 4HP modules?

thanks, smile
Bakis.
Parallel Worlds
Parallel Worlds wrote:
hi Tony,

they seem very nice!

i would be interested in the GT1 and the CV1 modules!

but what about a module that converts the euro 1volt/oct to the Buchla 1.2 volts/oct and vice versa? this is what really interestes me the most.

and what would be the cost of each of these 4HP modules?

thanks, smile
Bakis.

these 4 module designs above are euro format modules, right??
i want these conversion modules in euro format for sure.
nrdvrgr
I'd buy at least one of the above... Great design!
cbm
A couple thoughts:
There might be a need for a Buchla 0-10 cv <-> unipolar 0-5 Euro, for things like envelopes. Maybe figure out a way to squeeze in a switch?

Don't forget diodes on the pulse outputs.

You may need to use low offset, rail to rail opamps in order to get to 10 v. with a 12 v. supply.
cbm
Actually, a TL084 should let you hit 10 v when running on a 12 v supply. No headroom to speak of, but this is cv.
sersch
Wow. Count me in, once they are available (and my Skylab arrived).

I'd probably start with 2x GT1 and 2x CV1.

What triggered your decision to offer CV conversion as separate uni-directional and bi-directional modules, but only offer a bi-directional module for Gate conversion?
rydan
Looks VERY nice!
Oxix52
I think I might be interested in these as well. They look great! thumbs up
synthomaniac
cbm wrote:
A couple thoughts:
There might be a need for a Buchla 0-10 cv <-> unipolar 0-5 Euro, for things like envelopes. Maybe figure out a way to squeeze in a switch?

Don't forget diodes on the pulse outputs.

You may need to use low offset, rail to rail opamps in order to get to 10 v. with a 12 v. supply.

Thanks for the feedback - this is the first mention of unipolar and it makes perfect sense - I should have thought of it and will ponder a solution. The diodes were already part of the design (great idea for all logic, whatever format). You already answered the op-amp point in your subsequent post - I use TL064s in CV Tools which gets up to about ±11V ok so no probs there.

Again thanks thumbs up
synthomaniac
sersch wrote:
Wow. Count me in, once they are available (and my Skylab arrived).

I'd probably start with 2x GT1 and 2x CV1.

What triggered your decision to offer CV conversion as separate uni-directional and bi-directional modules, but only offer a bi-directional module for Gate conversion?

I think a more economical solution could be to combine GT1 and CV1 into one 8HP module and use it as the base unit with other 4HP modules acting as expanders and could remove the 4HP module ground connectors in favour of a switch to give different scalings/offset options e.g unipolar 0-10V to 0-5V as cbm suggested. Just thinking aloud here but please feel free to advise/suggest etc.

My thoughts about the uni-directional CV and bi-directional gate was based on the fact the main interest to date was for multiple CV channels (as per the two custom builds) with no pulse interest.

It is clear that I still need to do some thinking based on all the feedback I have had so that I can provide the right functionality in as few a modules as possible - design is always a balancing act but the key is to understand the full requirement and then the solution will become apparent. Glad I put the designs into this forum and I really value all your comments THANKYOU applause
thermionicjunky
It seems that 0-8v would be a more useful unipolar CV in Euro.

EDIT: Though some modules do use 0-5. I suppose that 0-8v modules could just handle slightly attenuated 0-10v.
xpander
needless to say, i'll be interested in some combination of these. it's good to see a lot of my suggestions incorporated in these! applause
synthomaniac
xpander wrote:
needless to say, i'll be interested in some combination of these. it's good to see a lot of my suggestions incorporated in these! applause

Yes that's a fair point - good suggestions thank you; the direction arrows and especially the Buchlaesque aesthetic work well thumbs up
xpander
you may also want to add a simple format shifter to the mix- banana to 3.5mm like you've done custom already.
mono-poly
Damn i'd want a module like that.
But a gate/trigger converter would be sweet to.
abendrot
They look very nice I am higly interested. Any idea about the price?
Parallel Worlds
any update on these modules? release date?
synthomaniac
Just a very quick update to let you all know that things are progressing.

I had lots of suggestions from you all to think about so a big thanks for that applause

I took a step back for a week or so to try and rationalise how best to incorporate all the suggestions without increasing the complexity and loading the cost unnecessarily hmmm.....

I have designed and simulated the four main functions i.e. Euro CV to Buchla, Buchla CV to Euro, Euro gate/trigger to Buchla pulse and Buchla pulse to Euro gate/trigger. These can be combined to make the various module types. For example the 8HP CVGT1 module uses all four functions and will be the first module to be produced. The CV circuits will have jumper selections for the various gain options required; the prime mode will be 1V to 1.2V/Oct conversion (and vice versa) using precision gain setting resistors. Here are the basic models I have used to define CV performance (please let me know if you spot any flaws):-

I will do a final sanity check, make a prototype to test, and then finish the PCB layouts and front panel machining/artwork. I will get quotes for the PCBs, panels and assembly in the next two weeks so will be able to give an indicative price and release date soon. The other variants should then follow on more quickly. Got to go, more CV Tools and expanders to build smile

Cheers
Tony
mono-poly
Looks great.
But i rather switch settings on the frontpanel instead of using jumpers.
tIB
im interested. Would these fit inside a minicase?
synthomaniac
tIB wrote:
im interested. Would these fit inside a minicase?

Yes they will fit in a Doepfer Mini Case; even on the left where you only have 55mm depth available.

Cheers
Tony
synthomaniac
mono-poly wrote:
Looks great.
But i rather switch settings on the frontpanel instead of using jumpers.

Thanks for that and I am looking at the possibilities for adding switching so watch this space. I also responded to your comment on my blog.

Thanks
Tony
decaying.sine
I'd be interested in a set of these tools Tony. Nice ideas and work, and great use of feedback from the wigglin' crew.
hydrophilos
I'm interested in 1 or 2 also...

Thanks,
Gary
synthomaniac
Well this announcement has been a long time in coming but I have been a busy bee and have completed the design of the first Euro to Buchla interface module. Manufacturing is underway; front panels, circuit boards and all components are on order. This is a pilot production run of just 30 modules to assess demand and also to make sure there are no fatal errors. I intend to launch the CVGT1 module (assuming it passes testing) on July 21st at the Brighton modular meet https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58161

Say hello to CVGT1

CVGT1 Preliminary Specification
Banana to Euro CV Section
+CV in: 4mm banana socket
+CV in input impedance: 1MΩ
Bandwidth: DC-19kHz (-3db)
Gain: 1.000 (1), 0.833 (1.2), 0.500 (2) ±0.1%
±CV out: 3.5mm jack
±CV out output impedance: <1Ω

Euro to Banana CV Section
±CV in: 3.5mm jack
±CV in input impedance: 1MΩ
Bandwidth: DC-19kHz (-3db)
Gain: 1.000 (1), 1.200 (1.2), 2.000 (2) ±0.1%
+CV out: 4mm banana socket
+CV out output impedance: <1Ω
-CV output indication: Red LED to warn of negative outputs outside the Buchla 0-10V range

Banana to Euro Gate Trigger Section
pulse in: 4mm banana socket
pulse in input impedance: 94kΩ
pulse in input threshold: +2.5V (gate), +7.5V (trigger)
gate out: 3.5mm jack
gate out output level: gate off 0V, gate on +10V
trig out: 3.5mm jack
trig out output level: trigger off 0V, trigger on +10V
Output indication: Red LED is on for duration of pulse in

Euro to Banana Gate Trigger Section
gate in: 3.5mm jack
gate in input impedance: 94kΩ
gate in input threshold: +3V
trig in: 3.5mm jack
trig in input impedance: 94kΩ
trig in input threshold: +3V
pulse out: 4mm banana socket
pulse out output level:
• Gate initiated: gate off 0V, gate on +10V initially (0.5ms to 10ms) falling to +5V for duration of gate in. Only leading edge of gate in signal initiates the timer. The duration (0.5ms to 10ms) is set by a trimmer.
• Trigger initiated: trigger off 0V, trigger on +10V (0.5ms to 10ms) initiated by trig in. Only leading edge of trig in signal initiates the timer. The duration (0.5ms to 10ms) is set by a trimmer.
• Pulse output: The gate and trigger initiated signals are OR’ed together using diodes. This allows other diode connected outputs to also be OR’d with this signal.
Output indication: Red LED is on for duration of pulse out

General
Dimensions
3U x 8HP (128.5mm x 40.3mm), depth 38mm
Power consumption
+12V @ TBDmA max, -12V @ TBDmA max, +5V is not used

A-100 Bus utilisation
±12V, 0V only. +5V, CV and Gate are not used

The price will be 110 GBP
I hope you like

Thank you all for your interest and input, especially xpander for all the timing signal info.

I will be putting a similar post on the Eurorack Modules forum in due course as it is a Eurorack module.

Cheers
Tony
komputerbrown
I want one of those, please! applause
Parallel Worlds
great module design. will get one for sure! thumbs up
cbm
Are there trims for the CV scaling?
synthomaniac
cbm wrote:
Are there trims for the CV scaling?

Yes there is a scale factor trimmer for each of the two CV sections. The idea really was to achieve better scale factor accuracy than the combined tolerances of 0.1% resistors will give on their own so it is very fine adjustment of the order of ±0.5%.
synthomaniac
The first batch of front panels have arrived w00t and all the front panel components fit ok - PCBs are due in tomorrow - fingers crossed I have got them right - the building and testing starts tomorrow evening and I aim to have several available at the Brighton Modular Meet this Saturday 21st July notwithstanding any major foul ups.

A few piccies to show them off - I'm really pleased with the quality of the panel machining and screen printing smile, I'll do some better photos once they are fully assembled and ready to ship.

Parallel Worlds
synthomaniac wrote:
The first batch of front panels have arrived w00t and all the front panel components fit ok - PCBs are due in tomorrow - fingers crossed I have got them right - the building and testing starts tomorrow evening and I aim to have several available at the Brighton Modular Meet this Saturday 21st July notwithstanding any major foul ups.

A few piccies to show them off - I'm really pleased with the quality of the panel machining and screen printing smile, I'll do some better photos once they are fully assembled and ready to ship.

thumbs up thumbs up
missingtwin
Nicely executed, definitely interested thumbs up
Votek_Mendo
Want one for Sure!
fastheadache
Excellent work!
sersch
These look great! Will you have some available for sale in Brighton, if yes, how much will they be?
synthomaniac
sersch wrote:
These look great! Will you have some available for sale in Brighton, if yes, how much will they be?

Thanks, yes it is my intention to have CVGT1 modules available for the Brighton meet. The pcbs arrived today and so far look good. I will be building and testing the first module tonight and hopefully there will be no problems. If all goes well then I will have a demo module in my tool case synth and several boxed for sale; the price is 110 GBP.

Wish me luck this could be a long night. If there any problems then I will post the details and a 'get well' plan - got to go my iron is hot and calling for me smile

Cheers Guinness ftw!

Tony
Votek_Mendo
Are you taking names?
Where do we order?
synthomaniac
Well the first CVGT1 is built and is undergoing design proving tests; early indications are very good though, which is a roundabout way of saying that it works w00t

I will still be testing over the weekend to ensure there are no unintended 'features' so I apologise but there will not be any on sale for at least a week. I will be demoing it at the Brighton Modular Meet on Saturday so hopefully I'll get some video of it in action with Kent's Buchla.

As I have had a lot more interest than anticipated I think the first batch will sellout fairly quickly so please feel free to PM me and I will put you on the list (no commitment to buy) so when I'm ready to start delivering I will send out an order confirmation request and PayPal details - please do not pay until then; it's got to be right before I ship and there's still a chance that I'll find a gremlin.

You can PM or email me at synovatron@btinternet.com

Please let me know where you are so I can quote for shipping costs and also let me know how many you would like; I'll assume one otherwise.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
chrisso
Emailed. thumbs up
synthomaniac
Following on from a successful showing of CVGT1 at the Brighton Modular Meet on Saturday I am sorry to say that due to the loss of a very close and dearly loved family member on Monday that I cannot progress any CVGT1 modules for the time being and estimate there will be a few week's delay in getting the first batch built. I'm sure you will understand and thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Tony
Parallel Worlds
emailed to pre-order! thumbs up
synthomaniac
Thank you to anyone who has expressed an interest or has pre-ordered a CVGT1 for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Synovatron has effectively been closed for the past three weeks but life must carry on and so operations are restarting today with me working through the backlog of communications and getting small batches built to get modules out to those who have pre-ordered.

Kind regards
Tony
komputerbrown
i missed your earlier post. i'm sorry for your loss!

no stress!

but will be exciting when the modules arrive anyway!
synthomaniac
The first few CVGT1 modules are now coming off the production line, a little slower than hoped, but should be able to satisfy current demand within a couple of weeks. Here are some pics of product serial number 4:-

synthomaniac
Thanks to all who have pre-registered for a CVGT1 and thanks for the messages of condolence too. You're a great bunch of people thumbs up

The first few modules that came off the production line were extensively tested over several days and I ended up making a few very minor tweaks and I'm now very happy with the precision of the CV channels.
The first of the modules have actually shipped now applause and I'm working my way through the list in chronological order so I promise I will get to you in due course.

The CVGT1 User Manual (Rev 1.0) is now available to download from here http://www.freefilehosting.net/cvgt1usermanualrev10 if you want to get acquainted. Let me know if you have difficulties downloading the file; I can also e-mail it to you if necessary.
synthomaniac
First feedback from a CVGT1 user (and a famous professional who I cannot name drop but suffice it say I am grinning from ear to ear):-

"The module is great, does exactly what I want - never been so easy to integrate my buchla 259!!"

hihi
synthomaniac
A quick update - I have shipped about half of my preorder list and hope to complete the rest within a month. I'll be contacting the next group of people on the list each week with a view to shipping theirs within a week etc until the list is complete. FYI the preorder list includes anyone who said they want to be on the list to anyone who has casually remarked that they'd be interested in getting one.

Manufacturing is all a bit handraulic; I didn't design it to be quick and easy to build and test. I really did not anticipate the level of interest so sorry to anyone who is still waiting and thank you for your patience - I'll only request payment within a few days of shipping.

Longer term: I have started dicussions with several distributers who have expressed an interest in stocking CVGT1 modules. My guess is that they will have stock late November but I'm still getting quotes from suppliers, assemblers etc to do a specific production run for them; at my build rate I'd never keep up especially with ongoing CV Tools module production and getting new designs off the drawing board.

A quick question or two:

Would anyone be interested in say just the CV half as a 6HP module? (I posted a few ideas a while back but went for the combined version because I thought more preople would find it useful). I may do a poll if there's enough response.

Would anyone be interested in CVGT1 as a kit - I'd say it would not be a beginners kit for the reasons I described above about ease of build and you'd need a 5 1/2 digit meter too.

Cheers
Tony
frozenkore
synthomaniac wrote:
Would anyone be interested in CVGT1 as a kit - I'd say it would not be a beginners kit for the reasons I described above about ease of build and you'd need a 5 1/2 digit meter too.

Yes! Though you might want to ask over in euro & DIY too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 4