MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

happy nerding super sawtor in euro?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author happy nerding super sawtor in euro?
DonKartofflo
Since I am refusing to buy a certain module similar to the super sawtor, does anybody know if this marvellous module will come to the beautiful and nice world of eurorack anytime soon?

cheers
Don
MrDys
There's always this guy:

DonKartofflo
yeah, but he also needs four lfos...
actually tested it yesterday and the sound is totally boss!
JohnLRice
Hi!

In this thread https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59581&start=100 there is mention that Igor has the new smaller SMT boards in and the shallower 5U modules are in stock! This is fun! So, that would mean to me that the Euro versions aren't far behind but I'll let him know about this thread so he can give you the true story. thumbs up
negativspace
If you're DIYish, Yusynth does a 2-way animator PCB which is available through Bridechamber. (LFOs onboard.)
igorrr
Hello!
Currently Euro version is under development.
It’s a bit tricky due to width and depth restrictions.
Now I’m aiming to 6 HP width and skiff-friendly depth using 16 mm Alphas and Kobiconn jacks. Also I plan to add a simple VC VCA, so clean and supersaw outputs can be mixed internally.
igorrr
Finally the Euro version of the Super Sawtor is ready.
Here is how it looks like.

6 HP width, 3 cm depth (skiff friendly), 45 mA current draw from both rails.
At the moment I have several preproduction run units I can offer for the first buyers before they will be available at the distributers. Please contact me
hnerding (at) gmail (dot) com
for the details.
DomMorley
Just got mine today. These things are fantastic, and Igor is a lovely guy to deal with.

Really need to get on with some work, but I'm just playing with it... SlayerBadger!

Get them while they're hot (if he's got any left)!
The_Crooked_Man
Any chance you could do a demo, Mr. Morley?
DomMorley
Sure - I'll try to get a soundcloud thing done tomorrow (I don't have video capabilities).
DomMorley
OK - I was still playing so here's an rough demo. I've put markers in to explain what I'm doing, but it's just an AFG saw through the Sawtor, then into a Macbeth filter (no res and fully open to start with) and then a uVCA out. I make no apologies for the total lack of musicality here...

[s]http://soundcloud.com/dommorley/super-sawtor-rough-demo[/s]
cycles
Blimey.

Colour me interested! I don't get as much use out of my E340 as I think I should - I think this could be the replacement I'm looking for!
JohnLRice
Tasty test, Dom! thumbs up

And don't forget to run Sines and Triangles through the Sawtor, they will also sound great but different! w00t
The_Crooked_Man
Thanks, Dom; sounds DAMN good to me! I'm also curious about how it handles sines and triangles Guinness ftw!
JohnLRice
The_Crooked_Man wrote:
Thanks, Dom; sounds DAMN good to me! I'm also curious about how it handles sines and triangles Guinness ftw!

In this video of the 5U version I did a little Sine and Triangle testing. Mostly between 7:45 and 10:00 approximately. Sorry the switching between wave forms didn't get labeled well in that part. d'oh! The Sawtored Sine and Triangle waves have a more 'hollow' sound than the saw.:
matttech
I got great tones by sticking sines and triangles through the a137-2...really gnarly!
The_Crooked_Man
Wow, thanks for that, John. It'd be lovely to have 2, judging from that demo, but I managed to squeeze in just enough room for 6hp in the Modular Grid; this thing is a must have thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1