MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

help! ADDAC207 intuitive quantizer issue (video inside)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author help! ADDAC207 intuitive quantizer issue (video inside)
hiawog
hey guys - i'm experiencing an issue with my brand new addac207. other than this issue, it's absolutely fantastic, but i really want to solve this problem, which i think is related to the processing time of this module. here's what i could find in terms of past discussion:

clusterchord wrote:
ADDAC System wrote:
Hi!
The processing time of the ADDAC207 is less 1 millisecond or 0.0001seconds.

All the Best
Addac Team

thanks, you mean it's 100 microseconds? woah

that's by far the shortest quantize processing delay in euro ..

see the video below: there's an audible slurring as it quantizes to different values coming from a sequencer (i've tried more than one). when it steps to a new note, the quantizer often creates a flam or doubling effect with a different note that's "on the way" to the new one. is this maybe related to a lag in processing time, or to a very fast processing time?

right now my workaround is to trigger the sequencer very slightly before - and separately from - my envelopes, which gives the quantizer time to get all the way to the correct note before the eg fires. but introducing this slight clock delay limits my flexibility (for instance, i can't use gate outs from the sequencer because they're slightly behind the main clock that's driving egs). generally, this makes makes everything more complex in terms of triggering other events.

has anybody experienced this? any ideas as to what's going on? what should i do?

[edit]"see the video below"[/edit]
tiny333
I have two of them here atm and neither of them do this

Its very very very very very FAST

seriously, i just don't get it
hiawog
i'm confused too.

here's a video that demonstrates what i described above.

thanks in advance for your help!

tiny333
If i where u would send that video to addac ..
__ag
Hello all,

Interesting issue, i can't exactly understand why it's happening, it can be several things:
1. the bld eg is analog and faster than any digital based module
2. the combination of pressure points and quantizer both being digital adds delay. It can be pressure points that creates the lag (please remove the quantizer and check if it happens with pressure points alone) and the other way around too, remove the pressure points

also what's the time delay you're adding? you mention 45-48 but what timescale is this? milliseconds? so is it 3 millis delayed?

Let me know!

all the very best
andre
tiny333
Andre i use my 207 with pp into a 701 and dont get this
hiawog
__ag wrote:
Hello all,

Interesting issue, i can't exactly understand why it's happening, it can be several things:
1. the bld eg is analog and faster than any digital based module
2. the combination of pressure points and quantizer both being digital adds delay. It can be pressure points that creates the lag (please remove the quantizer and check if it happens with pressure points alone) and the other way around too, remove the pressure points

also what's the time delay you're adding? you mention 45-48 but what timescale is this? milliseconds? so is it 3 millis delayed?

Let me know!

all the very best
andre

hey andre,
thanks so much for your reply - i've pmed you with specific details.
hiawog
tiny333 wrote:
Andre i use my 207 with pp into a 701 and dont get this

thanks - this is helpful. i'm beginning to suspect that my model might just be a lemon. hopefully we get it worked out soon.
MatMillion
I have the same issue with my 207. channel one is also very "glitchy". did you get a replacement?

thanks!
Hirsbro
Feed the gate in the same signal you are feeding your eg that worked for me thumbs up
Hirsbro
Edit thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1