MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

anyone done business with detroitmodular.com?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author anyone done business with detroitmodular.com?
nbirnel
I just found them; I am wondering if they are new. They have a bunch of "make offer" buttons on their site. Anyone ordered from them? Or, is anyone from detroitmodular on muffwiggler?
Gringo Starr
nbirnel wrote:
Or, is anyone from detroitmodular on muffwiggler?

Yes. Nbirnel is from detroitmodular.com. Ask him. :-)
moogboy
I was invoice number 0001 with DM. Right now they're getting on their feet still to a degree, but they've got lots of potential. Dan is the main dude over there. Nice guy, but I think he's got a second job or something because he seems to check the Detroit Modular email once a day, max. His offer system is awesome. I love it. He does consider whatever offers come in, even on small orders.
paults
He has been selling SynthTech Euro for a bit, nice guy.
nbirnel
Gringo Starr wrote:
nbirnel wrote:
Or, is anyone from detroitmodular on muffwiggler?

Yes. Nbirnel is from detroitmodular.com. Ask him. :-)

Nope.
C_C
I had no idea this place existed and I live less than 20 minutes from them, good to know.

Does anyone know if they do the Phonogene firmware update?
337is
Reporting back my first experiences with Detroit Modular. A+ all around for me and I envision the majority of my purchases going through them. As already mentioned, Dan is a stellar guy. He's on Mufffs as dubno. He has been super helpful in email and by phone. He's a clear communicator and fun to boot. He's as much a user as he is a retailer. His enthusiasm for the gear is palpable. Here's a rough outline of my experience:

-Contacted him through the site enquiring about the possibility of picking up a few modules. Heard back within a few hours answering inventory questions.

-Followed up with a few technical questions about the modules. Reply was rich and full of the specific information I requested.

-Enquired about the feasibility of meeting in person at the store to conduct business. Moved to phone conversations and found Dan to be helpful, enthusiastic and funny. Set up time to visit in person.

-Arrived to shared space and met Dan who'd brought inventory and a kick @$$ Enclave case filled with demo modules. Dan could talk in depth about all the modules and he made several helpful suggestions offering keen insights for possibilities. At no point did I feel like he was working a "salesman" persona with me. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was trying to accomplish and he was wracking his brain to help get me there. It felt like being in a record shop where they really get what you're into and are eager to turn you on to even more. Loved it.

-He is aware of other's working in this space and is willing to work on pricing and bundles. I think his "make offer" system is genius. The rewards program is another distinguishing feature with a two percent pay out. Every little bit helps for me.

-He is in communication with other manufacturers and in the process of adding more and more options for sale. He's very enthusiastic about this and seems driven to have a great selection.

All in all, I can't imagine buying anywhere else based on my first experiences with Detroit Modular. I'm so thrilled to have them in my state where I can go visit in person! :-)

C_C wrote:

Yes. They offer this service.
C_C
337is wrote:
C_C wrote:

Yes. They offer this service.

Fantastic, thanks for checking.
Eddy Current
Hi all. I've been lurking a while and this is my first post to Muff Wiggler. Yay!

I just did business with Detroit Modular and it went just fine. The case I ordered was shipped the same day (via UPS), arrived quickly, and worked.

I fortunately haven't had a reason yet to test their customer service, but for now I would use them again without hesitation.
liquid234
Yep. A+++ for Detroit Modular. Good price and shipped super fast. Would buy
again from them! Guinness ftw!
flashheart
Has anyone got phone contact details for them? Can't find any contact info on the website, would like to have a chat re getting something delivered to someone else. cheers
337is
Here ya' go! :-)

https://www.detroitmodular.com/location-hours

DETROITMODULAR SHOP

20300 Civic Center Drive (Northwest Corner)

Southfield, MI 48076

ritchiedrums
thumbs up

Great Shopping Experience!!! Guinness ftw!
flashheart
337is wrote:
Here ya' go! :-)

https://www.detroitmodular.com/location-hours

DETROITMODULAR SHOP

20300 Civic Center Drive (Northwest Corner)

Southfield, MI 48076

Thanks - I did find it. Great experience - Dan followed up on the delivery to check it had been picked up (a friend is picking it up in Detroit).
If I get to the US sometime soon I'll definitely do some shopping there.
kevindustrial
Saw the tent set up in the very corner of Detroit's Movement festival this year. Played around with a rig, grabbed a discount flyer and just bought a shit ton of gear (cables, Pittsburgh case, audio damage module, a DM shirt) and I can't say how happy I was with his fast email replies. Gave me a ton of awesome advice for finding the right case for my needs, the 2% thing is cool and I certainly enjoyed the free shipping.

Yes. Buy from them. They are awesome.
sloth713
My one experience has been very positive with them; great communication, fast shipping. good packing, and the the make an offer is great (saved me over $50 bucks on my order).
Abraxis
I had never heard of these guys before I saw this thread today. Turns out they have a DinSync>3.5 converter in stock that I had thought was unavailable anywhere. So I ordered that and a couple other bits this morning.

I got a shipping notice tonight, even though their website says they are closed Sunday and Monday. Free shipping too.

Super impressed.
pantalones
Highly Highly Highly recommended. I am so happy to support a store...

• with an actually usable and navigable website
• that ships the same day or next business day
• allows the customer to negotiate

Awesome company and where i'll be doing most of my business for the near future. Bought some rack stuff and a MMG.
vav
Interesting he's selling Doepfer.
infradead
vav wrote:

Wow that's wild.. Wonder how that happens
sloth713
infradead wrote:
vav wrote:

Wow that's wild.. Wonder how that happens

My guess is that he buys his Doepfer from Shawn at Analogue Haven
WabashDiscord
Good evening all!

I have done about a half dozen orders with Detroit Modular and they have all been amazing interactions.

Dan is awesome.

Fast communication turn around.
Quick shipping.
Packaged well.

My overall satisfaction has been wonderful. applause

They ship out USPS in the morning, so if you want to get something ordered and out, make sure you order the day before or early in the morning.

Will continue to do business with Dan and DM for everything he can supply.

Also, just noticed today that they expanded their Doepfer line. He had a few modules up and now has a couple dozen.

Cheers.
nebatar
Yeah, I've had great experience with them too. Very responsive to questions/emails, friendly, and quick with shipping.
trickness
I just placed a pretty big order with them on Friday, got a great price, advice from Dan that helped me choose what I needed, and it arrived today, super well packed. Highest recommendation.
pisrecords
+1 for Dan from Detroitmodular thumbs up SlayerBadger!
i bought 14 modules , from Argentina , without any problem .
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4