MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bass in yo place
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author bass in yo place
Kwote
http://www.kwotemusic.com/bassinyoplace.mp3

just a sketch but i thought it was worth posting since these are the best drum sounds i've gotten so far and yet still no dedicated drum modules.

and as usual thank you HEX ZONE!
zerosum
Man I think its a beautiful thing that you are cranking out tunes with cool modules all the time...
I just wish I had more time to hear them all sad

Someday I will.....
futuresoundsystems
Whoa, that is bassy. Nice one! SlayerBadger!
Kwote
zerosum wrote:
Man I think its a beautiful thing that you are cranking out tunes with cool modules all the time...
I just wish I had more time to hear them all sad

Someday I will.....

i just record almost every time i jam. these are all just experiments leading to the next EP.

so don't feel bad if you miss something. the next EP will be much more of a solid listen and you'll be one of the first to hear it!
Kwote
futuresoundsystems wrote:
Whoa, that is bassy. Nice one! SlayerBadger!

i'm thinking i need to get that slayer badger permanently mounted in my rack. how's bout you design me a slayer badger module?! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Kwote
we just finally got a cd player for the car. i was checking this out and the bass is too rumbly/overwhelming when taken out of the studio environment.

i'm thinking i need to hit it with a filter and take some of the lower end out. the bassline came straight from the VCS in oscillator mode. no envelopes or anything.

i literally had to use every module in my rig to make this track happen. the snares and hats used the most as i had to take my dual filter and both lfo's sinewaves and feed em to the VCO to get some convincing white noise. and on top of that the filthy had to process the hats with the HP or else.. no hats lol
tragedybysyntax
wow man........BADASS PATCH!!! THat is just sick..... Entire thing being triggered off the hexzone? Shit.. if so, I have to order one tomorrow. LOL. Thanks bro! Amazing work! smile
eyehue
holy fuck no drum modules! awesome work! we're not worthy
Kwote
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Entire thing being triggered off the hexzone?

Yes.
el clon
mad props, kid.
great drum patchin'!
Drums!

(i know what you mean about the bass thing... i almost always have to carve up the bass frequencies cuz they easily get out of hand... kinda fuked up my first cd cuz i didn't eq at all.)
Kwote
hey no worries. with 22 modules racked up i can deal with what i couldn't at the time of this track.

here's that pic you requested bro,

el clon
fuck a duck!

looks great.
Kwote
el clon wrote:
fuck a duck!

looks great.

just added this:

GODDAMN! hyper hyper
el clon
no-o-o-o-o-0-0-0-0-0-O-O-O-O-O!!!!
*slow motion*

you bastard.

congratulations!

i'm very fucking jealous.
i just don't know if i'll ever cough up the $$ for one.
but the longer i waffle, the higher the price climbs.
i probably will, one day.. but i'll fuck around for the next
18 months, till they reach like $800 and then break down,
wishing i got one sooner. that's my usual M.O.

that's rad, though. that's like my holy grail module ever since
i heard Hans'.
Kwote
el clon wrote:
my holy grail module

that's exactly what i said to myself when it arrived.

w00t!!
Cat-A-Tonic
The hats really make that track snap.
Mucho Props for doing all that without drum modules. I can't wait to hear your tracks when you get dedicated drum modules and everything else gets freed up for other stuff! eek!

I'll have to figure out how to pull those hats out of my rig.
Maybe just noise into a VCA triggered with a tight envelope...?

Looking at your pictures it seems that the top 2 racks are setup for processing and the bottom 2 are setup as a self contained synth.
Is this your plan in case you need to run out the door with just half your rig?
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
The hats really make that track snap.
Mucho Props for doing all that without drum modules. I can't wait to hear your tracks when you get dedicated drum modules and everything else gets freed up for other stuff! eek!

I'll have to figure out how to pull those hats out of my rig.
Maybe just noise into a VCA triggered with a tight envelope...?

Looking at your pictures it seems that the top 2 racks are setup for processing and the bottom 2 are setup as a self contained synth.
Is this your plan in case you need to run out the door with just half your rig?

hat's can be achieved as you describe. i haven't built my SN so i don't have a noise source. i oscillate my dual filters and feed them to my VCO. when you feed enough sines into the 1v oct you approximate noise very well. then just throw an HP filter over it to take out any lower frequencies. also helps to keep the freq on the VCO higher.

originally i got into modulars for processing my turntable which i still want to do live. however my plan is scaled down and changed.

what i will eventually do once i get more seasoned playing out is put together a 4u processing rig consisting of Blacet I/O, Filthy Filtre, micro lfo, psycho lfo, bananalogue 3p, dual linear vca and maybe a wave mult. the 1u left will be a custom 19" mult panel consisting of 10, 1 in to 5 outs.

i got most everything. just gotta build the psycho and wave mult or whatever the heck is gonna go in the remaining space.

i thought 6u would be necessary at one point and finally realized simplicity will reign for my needs. that's why for now anything i do is backed by spring reverb only. getting my chops up. mostly just jammed with various guys and improv'd on someone's set at a party a bunch of months back. might finally do a real show in the next month or two.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1