Moog guitar

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

thermionicjunky
Thyratron Genius

Moog guitar

Post by thermionicjunky » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 am

http://www.moogmusic.com/

Check out the new Moog guitar. There was some skepticism about this, but it seems amazing ... and over 6 thousand dollars. I would kill for this and the Fucking Fucker!

futuresoundsystems
<3 CMOS

Post by futuresoundsystems » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Holy holy holy holy holy holy holy holy crap.
I wonder what Bob would think about this...
Unique designs and ideas in sound since 2005:
http://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:47 pm

hmm. pretty fuckin interesting man.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Sounds great. Amazing technology.

Looks like the worst of the 80's hair metal shredfest wanker pointy guitars, and no amount of AAAAA grade flames maple is going to hide that.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:34 pm

plord wrote:Looks like the worst of the 80's hair metal shredfest wanker pointy guitars, and no amount of AAAAA grade flames maple is going to hide that.
:hihi:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

Moog$FooL$
Broke Dick Dog

Post by Moog$FooL$ » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:45 am

LOL! to Plords comment. i'll 3rd that. :lol:

That guitar is maximum FUGLY!!! not sure why they chose that design???
Maybe Alain Holdsworth had something to do w/ it?

The price seems just as crazy too.

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:40 am

Moog$FooL$ wrote:The price seems just as crazy too.
Eh, the price is for the "special Paul Vo edition". I bet the "stage" or "performer" or whatever they call it version will street for $3K or less. Considering what people will pay for a "relic'ed" strat copy, that's a perfectly acceptable price.

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:34 pm

Good point about the 'street' price, Plord... I'm not crazy about the looks of this current offering, but I really do think I could find a place for the sound on a lot of my songs. Now if I only I played guitar...

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:32 pm

J.w.M. wrote:Good point about the 'street' price, Plord... I'm not crazy about the looks of this current offering, but I really do think I could find a place for the sound on a lot of my songs. Now if I only I played guitar...
I'll bet anyone $100 that Steve Hillage will own one. The kind of sounds this guitar can do are ALL OVER his new release with Evan Marc (the Bluetech guy), _Dreamtime Submersible_, but he had to do it the hard way.

I'd seriously lust for one too, but I think I've already spent my one chance at an expensive guitar and I'm not 10% into exploring/exploiting it.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:59 pm

The technology is really cool and I bet it would be really fun to play, at least for a little bit, but I don't think I could even shell out for whatever the street price for the stage/performer will be.

While it's not exactly the same thing, there is very little that compares to manipulating the feedback from a big loud amplifier. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to take my big amp and really turn it up, but the feeling is outstanding. Shove the headstock against the cab, grab a note, and hold on tight! :sb:

Sure, the argument there is that most (if not all) of us lack the luxury of being able to do that in our home studios...but even if it means going out into the garage for 15 minutes or so on saturday before neighbors call the cops...it's worth it.

What I would really have loved to have Moog make (and what I thought they did when first seeing the teaser for this thing months back) was a guitar with CV outs; one v/Oct out per string. I would shell out $3k for that, even if it did look like an Australian's nightmare.

For now, I'm going to try and get better at using my Ebow. :guinness:
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

Chrome Dinette
Common Wiggler

Post by Chrome Dinette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 pm

I'll agree that the guitar is not the most attractive, but I think it is a very cool idea. Stick the guts in a Scott French guitar and you would really have something cool.

Chrome Dinette
Common Wiggler

Post by Chrome Dinette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Also, I once had a Fernandes guitar with a sustainer and it was either underwhelming or out of control, depending on amp gain. If the hype is to be believed, this might be way more useful.

Moog$FooL$
Broke Dick Dog

Post by Moog$FooL$ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm

"it was either underwhelming or out of control, depending on amp gain."

This is a good point Chrome. We'll have to see down the road just how this guitar reacts with different amps & in various settings.... only time will tell.

I still can't stomach 'the cut of it's jib'.... hopefully they'll offer up the p-ups & electronics as a conversion package, but i somehow doubt it.

PS. I'm useless with computers, I can't seem to master the 'quote' tab??? Hence the reason it took me so long to join this forum after viewing it for so long.... I'm a scaredy cat! :help:

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”