MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hexinverter Mutant Bass Drum & Mutant Hihats
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Hexinverter Mutant Bass Drum & Mutant Hihats
Slomen
Kinda funny that this thread suddenly is all about tshirts and coffee mugs grin

(I do want a tshirt though..)
kurodama
I promise I will stop posting about it and post a demo of the modules in action. I actually just spent the evening down in the cellar rehearsing with a 6U case full of Hexinverter.net gear, including the Mutant Bassdrum and Hihats.
jc3music
I went with the Basimilus Iteritas, which I have really enjoyed recording with recently. Sine I can multi-track, it can do kick, snare hats & cymbals all with great thick sounds!
mheumann
jc3music wrote:
I went with the Basimilus Iteritas, which I have really enjoyed recording with recently. Sine I can multi-track, it can do kick, snare hats & cymbals all with great thick sounds!

I went with Basimilus as well, but mostly for space reasons. If I had a larger setup, I'd definitely get all the Mutant drums along with a few Basimilus.
dmod
So when is the 'Mutant Snare' coming out? That is something i would be interested in...
Funky40
jc3music wrote:

i went with both, the BI and the mutant HH.

another lover of the external input of the MUHH here

..........pairs up nicely together, BI also into ext input of the HH
hangars liquides
I'd be interested in the mutant HH. Can soe explain to me if there is some kind of magic behind the external input, or is it 'just' the filter, envelope and VCa shaping what goes in i.e. is it the same circuitry as for the internal oscillator ?
kurodama
afaik (but I think there's people who can explain that better than I can) the HH has at its core a noise generator that is passed through a filter and VCA, modulated by an envelope (or more than one?).
the external input let's you substitute that noise oscillator with anything you want...
dmod
So I love my Mutant HH. Curious about the Bassdrum? Anyone love it or any complaints? How does it hold up to other 808 clones? I love the idea of a trackable 808 kick i love tracking the samples of that all the time.
youknowiloveyou
@dmod

When I first got the Mutant Bassdrum I though it was just *ok* but the first time I played it over a soundsystem I realised how great it sounds.
It's running through pretty much the whole of this set.
Mutant Hihats too.

Of course you can't really appreciate it from a YouTube clip razz
But I'm blown away by how it's sounded on every PA system I've played it on.
crystal hell pool
Mutants rule, i got the hats sounding like weird chords with the echophon and erbeverb. Gotta try that again.
echoplex
what do you guys say about the mutant bass drum compared to the tiptop 909 BD and jomox modbase 09?..
crystal hell pool
Bass drum is more 808 style, can get nasty tho, hats to me seem, even tho pretty tr style,can get a large range of hats sounds
hexinverter
dmod wrote:
So when is the 'Mutant Snare' coming out? That is something i would be interested in...

Mutant Snare is in development as we speak! It's going to be a monster analogue percussion synthesis engine. There are so many exciting paths I could not resist taking with this design This is fun!
hexinverter
echoplex wrote:
what do you guys say about the mutant bass drum compared to the tiptop 909 BD and jomox modbase 09?..

So far as I know, those are modelling the 909 (with the exception of the Jomox which is a bit more of a unique engine in itself). The Mutant HH and BD are 808-style architecture, which is actually a LOT different than the 909 This is fun!

So I think it's just a matter of picking what sound you like smile But I'm sure others can chime in as to their tastes...
hexinverter
youknowiloveyou wrote:
@dmod

When I first got the Mutant Bassdrum I though it was just *ok* but the first time I played it over a soundsystem I realised how great it sounds.
Mutant Hihats too.

Very cool man! Thanks for sharing the video. Glad you like the Mutant Drums! screaming goo yo
biologik
youknowiloveyou wrote:
@dmod

Mutant Hihats too.

I'd love it if you could explain your setup a little. Not in terms of the modules themselves, but how you incorporate the modular and tracks together.. smile
4285407da1d2a63820a3007c1
Loads of detail on what modules he was using and how they are integrated into the DJ set in this thread.
fudog
I dont think the Mutant BD sounds like the 808 even though its based on the circuit. Which is testament to the changes Stacy has put in.

I think its a great BD, I love it and have been using it a lot since I received it. Its a solid punch that cuts through the mix, great on large system and small computer speakers.

Cant wait for the snare, and wondering if that crazyness I saw on FB the other day has anything to do with it.

thumbs up
far
youknowiloveyou wrote:
@dmod

Mutant Hihats too.

Nice set mate, enjoying it.
Great advertisement for the kick, sounds great.
kurodama
@fudog: 808 has been done and redone and as much as I love the original 808 kickdrum it's too tempting to live in the past. So I think Stacy did well in "mutating" the circuit into something else. Which shows the relation to the TR legacy but is an evolution and not just a clone
4285407da1d2a63820a3007c1
fudog wrote:
... Cant wait for the snare, and wondering if that crazyness I saw on FB the other day has anything to do with it.

What craziness is this?
far
4285407da1d2a63820a3007c1 wrote:
fudog wrote:
... Cant wait for the snare, and wondering if that crazyness I saw on FB the other day has anything to do with it.

What craziness is this?

Slightly off topic, but is your user name difficult to remember when reloging in as Muff's seems to like to do?

And back to topic, I also missed the craziness on fb, keen to see it.
hexinverter
4285407da1d2a63820a3007c1 wrote:
fudog wrote:

What craziness is this?

I suspect he might be referring to these posts I made on Instagram/FB. The empty spots on the breadboard are now almost entirely filled since this photo was taken.

Feel free to add me on Facebook. I post lots of synth development things, photos of my cat and weird internet stuff. hihi

b-art
I was very happy to hear the DIY kits were back in stock again so already decided where my wages where going this month...

I visited the site almost every day past weeks.. just to drool a bit more...
But today when i did my "put the precious in the cart but don't checkout" routine... i almost had a hearth attack...

SOLD OUT? Already? OMG! WHY? God Why? What have i done to deserve this torture? And only 9 hihats left... wages wont arrive till the 23th... ARGGHH

Will these get a restock? Or am i left to despair and pain till eternity?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 8 of 11