MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MICRO LFO Depth?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author MICRO LFO Depth?
whomper
Hi,

I am looking for a depth option in the LFO module, one that will allow me to set the range of oscillation.

Applications like PWM and tremolo will require a more subtle effect.

Whomper
Kwote
this is very simple. there is no lfo depth control on the lfo. this is not a problem. put the input into an attenuator such as a vca. take the output of the vca to whatever you're trying to modulate and adjust to taste.

BAM! depth control blud. w00t
Kwote
also, although i rarely do this, the beauty of using the VCA is you can voltage control the depth. take an envelope to the cv in of the vca and gate the EG to go along with whatever you're doing. this should provide different levels of depth as the EG opens and closes. an lfo could work nicely for this too.

ps: Muff has written about all this already. just saving you some digging info up in the forums time.
scozbor
i have been using the D in and out of the quadmix vca for precisely this.
dual VCA in my next order hihi
Kwote
scozbor wrote:
i have been using the D in and out of the quadmix vca for precisely this.
dual VCA in my next order hihi

werd. i have two dual linear vca's. i'll have to get a quad soon. i use the klangwerk as my 3rd vca sometimes but i'd rather use the quad.
J.w.M.
So for this type of thing, a linear VCA is preferable-- correct?
Kwote
J.w.M. wrote:

i think it just depends on the sound you're going for. i generally don't want voltage controlled depth so for me just a passive attenuator would be acceptable.

however once i get the wiard 311 controller i'll be all about the vc depth.

say jeah!

of course i know you're getting at exponential vs. linear

i think i'd go for both equally if i had the quad vca(exponential response) just for varities sake. i have a short attention span.
consumed
J.w.M. wrote:

for vibrato? probably yes. vibrato is probably the strongest case for having your cv modules put out an AC signal, since vibrato would be modulating above and below your oscillator frequency equally (not just above or just below). using an offset with a DC signal (via the mixerprocessor for example) is another way to accomplish that.
J.w.M.
Good point-- I'd think that the Mixer/Processor is probably the best way to deal with that using standard Blacet fare.
consumed
well, the nice thing about the micro lfo is both AC and DC is available from it. using a linear vca is the best way to control your vibrato depth, since vibrato always on would probably be undesirable.
Kwote
shows how little i know about exponential vs. linear. thankfully i wasn't just referring to vibrato. lol!
Kent
I don't own one, but I instantly thought of this unit. It draws no power & does more than what you need for $55 USD.

http://www.ear-group.net/model_29.html

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1