MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Used LZX Modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Used LZX Modules?
Jerry
Hello everybody! I am new to Muffwiggler and Video Synthesis. My buddy Sam Newell gave me the video synth bug. I am trying to find some used LZX modules. I really want to get into video synthesis but I just can't afford any new modules. Does anyone know when I can find any second hand?!
deathbeef
You can check the BST forum, but my guess is that your not really going to save that much. Typical markdown for single owner is at best 20%, and with the small amount of video modules that ever come up for sale my guess if you are going to see closer to a 10% markdown.
ActionMaxVA
I'm with ya 100%. I would love some used video modules. The for sale forum is searchable, so you can look for stuff listed a while ago that has not been bumped in a while. A week or so ago someone had some make noise pressure points modded for video use. That is about all I have seen lately. Ebay as well. Someone had a skiff type case and 2 LZX modules for 899.00 I think. Ebay is also easy to set up to notify you if anything matching your searches comes up. I have found with muffs, if you wait long enough everything you want will come up for sale at some point. Its just a matter of getting to it first and having the money on hand when it does. Good luck. Also look at some of the DIY options if you can solder.
raulsworldofsynths
deathbeef wrote:
You can check the BST forum, but my guess is that your not really going to save that much. Typical markdown for single owner is at best 20%, and with the small amount of video modules that ever come up for sale my guess if you are going to see closer to a 10% markdown.

This is true. I've observed this a few times as well. Also do a quick search through the stickies that show what a basic system with CVE,VSG,maybe 2 VWGs make by themselves. See if it's what's you'd like to do.

There's lots of cool examples from very basic 4 module systems.
You could also drop a Want to trade line in your signature if you have other gear you'd be willing to part with for video modules.

Best of luck.

thumbs up
Arturo00
Keep in mind that with a few of the new modules announced and soon to be released, some people may be looking to get rid of of the older versions; VBM,TVMF, CVI and VSG come to mind.

Also, +1 on the comment that if you wait long enough, you'll find what you want in the BST section. Last year someone sold a pretty big LZX system at half off new.
inlifeindeath
Hey Jerry!
It's Brad, welcome to Muffs!
Lets jam sometime.
Dirty_Bill
Also, there are a lot of options for great video presentation options both up and downstream from the Video Synthesizer that you might want to investigate - mixers with FX and keying, cameras and monitors for feedback.

Glicth boxes in a feedback loop can be a lot of fun (like the Critter and Guitari 'scopes and DIY glitch generators. get's you started working through a lot of workflow options for not a lot of $$$.

All these tools and techniques can then be integrated with the modular with the right mixing and timing when you get to that point.
spaceship
If anyone is still looking for used gear - I have a substantial lot up on the F/S/T subforum right now.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153874

Modules:
LZX Video Waveform Generator (x5)
LZX Video Sync Generator
LZX Video Ramps
LZX Video Divisions
LZX Color Video Encoder
LZX Voltage Bridge
LZX Functiona Generator
LZX Differentiator
LZX Triiple Video Fader & Key Generator
LZX Video Blending Matrix
Brownshoesonly Quad Video Attenuator/Mixxer
LZX Triple Video Multimode Filter
LZX Video Logic
LZX Colorspace Mapper
Monorocket M9C

Includes a free Matrox MX02 Mini MAXX w/ Thunderbolt

cskonopka
pm'd bout matrix and logic
FetidEye
check out the LZX Cadet series, the Gieskes stuff (3trinsRGB-1c DIY)
and , if you are up to it, the open source Synkie project
Critter
Amazing
PixelPeeper
is any of that stuff left spaceship? I am a long ways away from my fifty post count needed to see the subforums

thanks
downtown
@spaceship

Do you still have your Multimode Filter for sale? Looking into one for a show build I'm doing.
Dirty_Bill
Banging a dead thread folks.

There's a filter in BST now.
tau_ceti
Control (ctrl-mod.com) is having a 10% of sale at the moment and they have LZX
evolve
*duplicate shitpost*
evolve
If someone really wants used LZX, they can buy the modules and ship them to me. I'll use them for you then send them to you. Logics. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1