MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Blacet Modules in the works!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author New Blacet Modules in the works!
Cat-A-Tonic
hyper John says new Blacet modules are in various stages of completion.

One of the new one's will be an update to the old mult.-attenuator, but with twice the mult. in the same panel space.

I'm eager to see what other designs he has in store for 2010.
Hopefully some of the designs he mentioned a year ago.
...Maybe an update to the discontinued VCA Quad Mix.
...Maybe a new VC Delay.

It should be a good year for Frac. w00t
parasitk
I was really happy to get that email, and to know that John has new modules coming! applause
Moog$FooL$
i was also happy to hear that he's busy with with many orders.
this bodes well for the future of Blacet/frac.... i should think.

now we just need to hear about those new modules. hmmm.....
scozbor
hyper hyper
Cybananna
Sounds great! Although I use euro and frac, I want to see more great modules in frac format. Blacet always make something interesting
DGTom
I really hope its something "new" new & interesting, as well as updates.
Want to see something from the creative mind that brought us the Binary Zone grin
panda30y
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
Mood Organ
This is terrible news... because I am out of space! Can't even figure out where to fit in a BZ.
krelnarb
Quote:
Can't even figure out where to fit in a BZ.

In your next cabinet?
Mood Organ
krelnarb wrote:
Quote:
Can't even figure out where to fit in a BZ.

In your next cabinet?

I think there is space for one more story on Frac Tower West. d'oh!
johnnymad
i haven't wanted to buy a blacet module for a while. i hope these new ones change that.
Babaluma
really hoping for a new quad mix/vca of the same size as the old one, but with better specs!
johnnymad
thanks for reminding me that i need to finish building my quad vca... d'oh!
DGTom
http://www.blacet.com/

Only mono but I'd be interested to hear how it compares to the 'other' 3U CV FX grin
panda30y
screaming goo yo w00t
scozbor
wow!

can't wait to hear it and for user opinions.
going to be tough to compete against tiptop, but i guess its a different format and all that. unfortunately the only way i would consider buying it is if it was really really cheap.

no reverb controls? waah
e-grad
w00t
johnnymad
looks nice. blacet's order page is closed for the holidays. hopefully the price of this one and maybe more will be up when it reopens. applause
Babaluma
doesn't excite me, i have no use for cheap digital effects. :(
johnnymad
there has to be more than this one though. maybe he's saving the best for last.
Moog$FooL$
hhmmmm...... yeah i have to agree with Baba.

i'm assuming this to be digital know doubt. hmmm.....

if it's cheap i'm guessing the noise level will be.... well.... rather noisy??

Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
DGTom
Yeah, gotta say its rather underwhelming isn't it... this; hmmm..... & this; seriously, i just don't get it

At first glance it looks like the one of those "Multi FX" sections in a desk... but with a little CV control... maybe its hiding something special.
antennafarm
was there any indication (NOT just plain wants and lusts and conjecture) about what the other modules in development are?
Babaluma
there was definite mention on the blacet list, if my long term memory serves me correctly, that:

1) there was a POSSIBILTY of a new analogue delay module to replace the out of production Time Machine.

2) there was a brief survey of users to find out what would be wanted/needed in a replacement for the out of production quad mixer/vca. most of the discussion seemed to be based on whether it would be standard 2 fracs wide, or 3. if it's 2 i'll buy it, if it's 3 i won't. i think i also remember discussion about dropping the useless 75/100dB switch, and the possibility of having switchable exponential/linear response, and the possibility of it being 4 completely separates vcas (i.e. 4 outs instead of 2).
Moog$FooL$
i think it was to be a digital delay wasn't it???? hmmm.....

maybe that turned into this fx jobby.

definitely a new vca & i seem to recall something like 2 other modules..... just not sure??

after all it was a little over a year ago. is there anyway to check the blacet list??? or is it just sorta a email list?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5