MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[ORDER] Polivoks VCF clone kit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Author [ORDER] Polivoks VCF clone kit
Girts23
Dear collegues,
in my DIYers experience I have built several Polivoks clones available arround, but was not happy about results, therefore decided to come up with my solution - Polivoks VCF, using original Russian ICs! And the result is convincing. See the demo below!

In video resonanse is little bit overdone; Soundcloud demo reveals sound better:
https://soundcloud.com/girts-ozolins-2/polivoks-vcf-demo

And here's the offer - PCB, set of ICs, transistor and a panel!

Cost:
PCB – 15 EUR
Panel - 20 EUR
3 ICs and a transistor – 10 EUR (2 opamps are in metal case with gold coated pins – expensive)
Total – 45 EUR + 3EUR handling and shipping in Europe, 4EUR elswhere in the world. Basically to complete the VCF you will need parts for no more than 10-15 EUR.
Interested? PM me!
Maco
1 pcdb and parts. No panel

Thanks
dropmotif
I'll take a PCB + parts please.
qfactor
Hi,
I assume u do Paypal? smile
Thx!
yan6
I'll take 1 pcb and parts too.
thetwlo
Epoch
Oooooo.....

PM'd
Girts23
thetwlo wrote:

Respect! Did it turn you to making sinths? smile
negativspace
I miss my polivoks filter... I'd take a board + parts. SlayerBadger!
robot909
Sounds good. I'll be up for a pcb + parts. thumbs up
Spip
2x PCBs and parts (no panel) for me, please ! w00t

Thanks.
woodster
1x pcb, panel and parts for me please.

Edit - Paid! - Edit

thumbs up
amdagan
Good stuff!
Added to my growing "want to buy this sometime" list (it would be PCB & parts for me, no panel). However in an effort to reduce the backlog, I've decided to buy new PCBs only after I've completed some of the ones already lying around hihi

Some comments:
- I'm not sure I believe the schematic, where did all the capacitors go?
- Is there really no short-circuit protection resistor between OP2 and OP3 outputs and switch S1? If so, I would recommend adding one off-board
- Speaking of S1... I guess I would omit that and have 2 output jacks instead, for LP and BP; or is there any reason not to do that?
horstronic
Damn, that sounds nice!
If I wouldn't have to much filters right now, I would totally be in!
Hhm, have to think about it...
hv0190
Nice thumbs up
1 x PCB + parts for me, please
Girts23
amdagan wrote:
Good stuff!
Added to my growing "want to buy this sometime" list (it would be PCB & parts for me, no panel). However in an effort to reduce the backlog, I've decided to buy new PCBs only after I've completed some of the ones already lying around hihi

Some comments:
- I'm not sure I believe the schematic, where did all the capacitors go?
- Is there really no short-circuit protection resistor between OP2 and OP3 outputs and switch S1? If so, I would recommend adding one off-board
- Speaking of S1... I guess I would omit that and have 2 output jacks instead, for LP and BP; or is there any reason not to do that?

Thanx for the comments! Those on board are decouping capacitors that are not in the original schematics.
But basically Polivoks VCF is admired by the fact that it is built without a single capacitor!
Yes, of course, you can use 2 seperate outputs, if you wish. Also on panel - you sipmply install another jack instead of the switch. It very much depends on your performance/patching habits
Girts23
horstronic wrote:
Damn, that sounds nice!
If I wouldn't have to much filters right now, I would totally be in!
Hhm, have to think about it...

twisted The beauty of modular synths is that you always can replace one module by other smile
xpmtl
Is it possible to buy only the parts?

I've developed a pcb already so don't really need one.
mOBiTh
is that a euro panel? if so i'm in smile
nigel
amdagan wrote:
I'm not sure I believe the schematic, where did all the capacitors go?

Here's my understanding: any op-amp has a maximum slew rate - essentially, how fast it can change the voltage at the output. At any particular gain, once the frequency of the input signal rises past a certain point, the amp can't respond fast enough, so the output signal is smaller - in other words, the signal is low pass filtered. The components in this circuit are chosen so that the limiting frequency is in the audio range, and the control signal into pin 8 varies that frequency.
synchromesh
Hi,

I would like one set please - PCB, panel and parts. Thanks! thumbs up
frozenkore
I'll take a full set.

Thanks!
Brian
nikmis
can I be that guy and ask about +/- 15 volts?
Autophase
amazing, applause
in for a full kit (board, panel, Parts)
PM Sent
spauldingjeffrey
PM'd
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Page 1 of 31