MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dotcom Q172 Quantizer Aid
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Dotcom Q172 Quantizer Aid
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:
Looks like it just became THAT much harder to sell my COTK Dual Quantizer!

But will wait to hear more about the Moon unit before I make any changes.

Yeah, I pretty much love the fact that there are two COTK quantizers on eBay right now. It's really not a bad deal for a used price--only two channels, but includes transpose and different scale settings than the Dotcom . . . and a cool rocker switch--but it wouldn't stun me if they didn't sell.

By the way, as a note to anyone interested in bidding, I would recommend searching the Dotcom archives regarding the issues Morbius had with his particular unit. Seems like a significant known fault should have been mentioned in his listing.

Cheers,
Brian
SynthBaron
bwhittington wrote:
I would recommend searching the Dotcom archives

The message archive search is very, very broken. Last time I checked nothing has been indexed since early last year.
suitandtieguy
regarding the CotK quantiser: could the issue be that "Minor" is not actually Minor but Major with a flat 3rd?
essex sound lab
SynthBaron wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

The message archive search is very, very broken. Last time I checked nothing has been indexed since early last year.

Can it even be searched by non-members?
SynthBaron
essex sound lab wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

No, it can't. And becoming a member is a long interview process with Morbius.
bwhittington
Wow, that comment became a quite a little topic this morning. I had searched the archives a month or two ago looking for discussion of the COTK quantizer. Morbius had posted that his quantizer did not work properly with a sequencer though it worked fine with his s&h. Perhaps that suggests there is a problem with the trigger input? This is how it functioned when he got it from Kazike.

When he offered it for sale on the Dotcom list, it came with the caveat that it functioned as it did from the factory, which seemed a pretty sly way to gloss over its problem. In the eBay auction, it's just listed "as is." As best I can tell, I don't think that particular item is being terribly well represented.

Cheers,
Brian

SynthBaron wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

essex sound lab
SynthBaron wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
bwhittington wrote:

If one indeed wanted to be a member. 'Nuff said.
SynthBaron
essex sound lab wrote:

If one indeed wanted to be a member. 'Nuff said.

I should have never given the group ownership rights over to Roger. Oh well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2