MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Demo Track for Numerology
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Demo Track for Numerology
sunsinger
Lets Try This Again

This first Time I tried to upload this to SoundCloud I really didn't like the results of the Audio compression that is used there so I remixed it to optimize for the lack of definition of the older track. I think it's better now. So if you gave this a listen before and it SUCKED, try this. I think it's a bit better now.

http://soundcloud.com/user4240253/numerology-remix
kindredlost
sunsinger wrote:
Lets Try This Again

This first Time I tried to upload this to SoundCloud I really didn't like the results of the Audio compression that is used there so I remixed it to optimize for the lack of definition of the older track. I think it's better now. So if you gave this a listen before and it SUCKED, try this. I think it's a bit better now.

http://soundcloud.com/user4240253/numerology-remix

Better Ron.

What rate and bit depth did you try?

-David
sunsinger
Thanks David
Same everything. Just remixed it with less bass and took out alot of the delay, also boosted the high a bit. That way it survives the crunching a bit better. It's still not as transparent or stereoized as I hear it here. But I'm recording everything at 24 bit 96Khz, So the sound changes pretty drastically even dithering it down to CD quality.

Go figure 8_)
kindredlost
sunsinger wrote:
Thanks David
Same everything. Just remixed it with less bass and took out alot of the delay, also boosted the high a bit. That way it survives the crunching a bit better. It's still not as transparent or stereoized as I hear it here. But I'm recording everything at 24 bit 96Khz, So the sound changes pretty drastically even dithering it down to CD quality.

Go figure 8_)

After reading the FAQ page at Soundcloud, it is clear that the file gets reduced to a 128kB mp3. Not exactly CD quality.

It will remain as you uploaded it (96kHz 24b WAV) if you set it as a "download" file. That way the listener can download it in it's original format.

-David
emdot_ambient
sduck wrote:
I'd bet that for the cost of a .com 119 you could get a complete mac system and numerology!

...well, if you wanna get all pedantic about it...

Fencing hihi
sunsinger
kindredlost wrote:
sunsinger wrote:
Thanks David

Go figure 8_)

After reading the FAQ page at Soundcloud, it is clear that the file gets reduced to a 128kB mp3. Not exactly CD quality.

It will remain as you uploaded it (96kHz 24b WAV) if you set it as a "download" file. That way the listener can download it in it's original format.

-David

mp3's YUK! I hate those files. Take a nice wool blanket and throw it over your speakers during playback, and you have an mp3. Nice for websites, to load quickly, but otherwise, stick it in your iPod, put those earbuds in, and jog.

Thanks for that info. While I record my music 24-96Khz, I do not send that high of resolution to SoundCloud. I down sample to 16-44.1 to upload. Most folks can't read a 24/96 file.

But you can download it in the 16/44.1 format now.
JohnLRice
Absolutely beautiful track, Ron!!! love we're not worthy screaming goo yo
sunsinger
Thank you John, I'll start putting more up as I get more edumacated on my modular.

thumbs up
JohnLRice
sunsinger wrote:
Thank you John, I'll start putting more up as I get more edumacated on my modular.

thumbs up

Sounds like you done learned all yer letters and "Numers" already! Post more o' dem tasty polecats! hihi
doctorvague
Beautiful piece!
Nice chewy textures.

Speaking of mp3/download quality and such - does Virb work the same way as Soundcloud? IOW downsampling for streaming vs full quality for downloads? There's very little info on audio on their site that i could find. If that's OT you can PM me but it seemed kinda germane to the thread. Maybe we should do a shootout or something. I think most of my Virb stuff I did at 320 but I'm not sure what they're doing with it. I'm pretty happy with Virb but I'm not a golden ears guy. Is there any comparison thread or any info on this stuff in one place? I know Bandcamp wants uncompressed files...

Happy New Nanosecond
Phil
JRamella
Excellent track.

I think the issue is... and someone stop me if I am wrong... but the expense was in the 2 MIDI/CV converters. I demo'd Numerology and found it very enticing... but to use it effectively w/ my modular I would have to purchase a better MIDI/CV converter than I currently own (Kenton pro-2 which I share w/ a CS40M). I own a hardware sequencer (Mobius) which I am torn on whether to augment w/ Moon Modular or .com sequencer... or go Numerology w/ a better converter. Tough choice for a cheap-skate like me.
sunsinger
The cheapest rout is to get the MOTM 650 (500.00). You can sync the Mobius to that giving you an actual count of 5 sequenced lines. Then you have an effective source for Numerology. One additional line of control data over the Moon 569 or the Q960 sequencers. And lots more options.

Did I mention that Numerology can be rewired to a host giving you perfect sync from track to track? So track count becomes very large (sync'd) if your running a host like Live or pro tools, DP or Logic. numerology also hosts Audio Unit plugins on its own, so the Modular can be sync'd to other soft synths, giving you maybe Poly synth backgrounds. Oh yeah, theres the sampling drum machine too...hihi
sunsinger
Bump! Bumping it on up so that Jim Coker, the creator of Numerology can find it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2