MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Krisp1 OCTO MU VC-Quadrature LFO Now in stock
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Krisp1 OCTO MU VC-Quadrature LFO Now in stock
krisp14u
This is my first release with a totally new designer made mostly for my own desires but may be useful to others Mr. Green
The OCTO is a VC - Quadrature LFO with outputs of the same oscillation at 45° intervals

Outs 0°, 90°, 180° and 270° have a sinus out with no compression.
Outs 45°, 135°, 225° and 315° have a Triangle out with no compression
Sync Input requires a +4V Gate/Trigger
Manual Pot Reduces the level of all outputs simultaneously
Compression Pot squashes the waveforms
Without any CV the range is around 2 minutes per cycle to 20hz without any loss of waveform amplitude
With Control voltage the range is over 8 minutes per cycle to 550hz without any loss of waveform amplitude
Power consumption up to 70mA on each rail
Case depth 65mm or 2.55
Full Analogue technology
Christopher Winkels
Any upcoming demos of this, Paul?
krisp14u
Christopher Winkels wrote:
Any upcoming demos of this, Paul?

I will get some done as soon as I can as I'm having a few Tec problems eek!
My main mixer went down end of last week very frustrating

If you go to the store page for this you will see my scope is on its way out help

New scope on order Mr. Green

Won’t have it until March waah

I will see what I can do This is fun!

looks nice lit up

alternating.bit
Looks beautiful. Is this similar to the Mankato Filter? Granted there are different features on yours, but the rotary degree-styled filter range...

PS - A video demo would really be nice. And will there be an MOTM version??
jmcecil
wowzers
krisp14u
Mankato is a VCF with quadrature ability's
OCTO is a Quadrature VC-LFO

The Mankato is one of the main reasons the OCTO came about
I loved using it as an LFO but the loss in amplitude when things get slow used to bug the hell out of me

The Mankato is still a very fine VCF and I will keep one in my system for as long as I have it but the one I used for control was put up for sale a while ago
fyvewytches
I'll make a demo as soon as I get mine w00t w00t , hopefully by the weekend.
Thalassa
Looks amazing!! Good work!!
alternating.bit
alternating.bit wrote:

J3RK
alternating.bit wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:

hihi

(not asking for these things, just wanted to see some recursion...)
LoveHertz
krisp14u wrote:
Mankato is a VCF with quadrature ability's
OCTO is a Quadrature VC-LFO

The Mankato is one of the main reasons the OCTO came about
I loved using it as an LFO but the loss in amplitude when things get slow used to bug the hell out of me

The Mankato is still a very fine VCF and I will keep one in my system for as long as I have it but the one I used for control was put up for sale a while ago

Ok. I'm comparing it to Yves quadrature VCO.
Why Adapter
LoveHertz wrote:

The larger size allows for a cooler-looking display, I think.
krisp14u
LoveHertz wrote:

In what way ?

there both quadrature

I built the Yves quadrature VCO and it has the same failing amplitude problem at low revs
This Quadrature core is from a new analogue designer and this is his first module in 5U but I don’t think it will be his last
krisp14u
alternating.bit wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:

Sorry missed that

There will be one in the Krisp1 system panels which will fit in a MOTM format case

If you want an original MOTM style panel I think I would need a lot of interest to get that made
alternating.bit
krisp14u wrote:

If you want an original MOTM style panel I think I would need a lot of interest to get that made

ok, fair enough - thanks
Stereotactixxx
This looks like a really interesting module, sporting features and abilities that sets it apart from the competition.
And Paul, while I reallly enjoy the very well designed Oakley modules you have built for me (and will continue to buy once finances allow),
I think it's great that you are expanding your offerings with other designs as well.
fyvewytches
Stereotactixxx wrote:
I think it's great that you are expanding your offerings with other designs as well.

I agree!
JohnLRice
Cool looking module! SlayerBadger! Those 8 outputs would be tasty stuck into my Modcan Scanner's 8 inputs! hyper
leeski
Loookin Real Preeety and How is it sooooooounding applause
dude
that looks like a very fun module. that AND a mankato together would be deadly. the lack of sync and leds always bummed me out on my manks. of course this one isn't a funky filter with variable slope outs, but anyway, make me want to buy them both aside from not doing a an mu/dotcom format system.

anyway, great fucking work. next mu level!
Funkfaker
Gorgeous module. Looking forward to the demo!
LoveHertz
krisp14u wrote:
LoveHertz wrote:

In what way ?

there both quadrature

I built the Yves quadrature VCO and it has the same failing amplitude problem at low revs
This Quadrature core is from a new analogue designer and this is his first module in 5U but I don’t think it will be his last

hello paul,
i was only comparing features of yours and yves, tho i see they are quite different. For a start as some else said its good to see you have some other module designs of your own in the works.
I remember asking ages ago on the dotcom forum if there was a way (or module/patch) that would allow the use of a lfo wave at various points of a cycle at the same time. At the time i had a phase shifter in mind since that was what i understood a phase shifter does however all the phase shifters are designed for processing audio signals and not dc waves. I always thought that having the ability to take an output from an lfo at different stages of its cycle could provide some interesting opportunities from a single LFO which is why i thought a phase shifter could do this with LF waves. I have not found a way to do this and I hav'nt had much luck using a Q125 either. The only thing is you can get 180degrees using the neg outputs using a Q108 or Q141 aid module so seeing outputs 45 degrees apart is close to what i was thinking at the time, and all available at the same time. I looked at the Mankato filter and the Yves Quadrature oscillator but know nothing about them so seeing your module has renewed my interest. I would be keen to know more about the octo. I like that you have sync. Would a variable pulse wave output ( cv able 90/95%) be of any use to others. I could imagine lots of applications using for variable gates on this but maybe i am not understanding it yet. I get lots of interesting effects using LFO pulsewaves modulated by other pulse waves and audio rate modulation of pulse waves from my Q106's. Im not neccessarily suggesting more features but would like to know how you arrived at the ones you have implemented, especially the waveforms. hope what i'm asking makes sense. thanks clint
LoveHertz
oh and i ment to ask what effect the compression and volume controls do on this module being an LFO?
LoveHertz
does the tune control allow setting the LFO within that range of 2min to 20hz ?
mumblinstevedubya
Hi Paul,

Will you be selling pcbs?

thanks

Steve
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3