MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

next modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author next modules
haricots
Ok, so I successfully built the Dual Filter and purchased the Window Comparator and a STG multi. I know this is an odd way to start a brand new Frac system but I picked them all up for a pretty good deal. I use my FR XS as the source of 'basic' building blocks at the moment.

My question is what should I get next? I enjoy building kits (as long as the instructions are easy to follow) so that's not an issue. Plus I like saving money with kits. I'm leaning towards a VCO or LFO. But maybe I should get the mixer/splitter kit or a VCA. I just don't know .....
Kwote
if you're looking for ease of build, any of the half space modules will do.

the first i ever built was the dual lin vca.

but if it's about overall best module choice, VCO hands down. i'd recommend the miniwave too as i really want to get the kit for that but blacet's currently out.
eyehue
my vote goes VCO. i have five different VCOs, and the Blacet is top notch. now i just need to do the FM AC/DC mod on it.
Muff Wiggler
yeah, i have to say VCO as well, really just such a staple, your system makes an enormous leap forward as soon as you add one.

plus i do believe the Blacet kits come with all the resistors prestuffed - just solder and trim. saves a lot of work! 8)
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
plus i do believe the Blacet kits come with all the resistors prestuffed - just solder and trim. saves a lot of work! 8)

que? come again?

every blacet kit i've gotten so far ain't prestuffed at all.

oh also now's a great time to get the VCO kit as the ac/dc is standard.

thankfully i only have two so far so the rest i get i won't have to mod.
Muff Wiggler
i believe the vco is the only one they do it with

have you built the vco?
eyehue
indeed, i have built many blacet kits, and my vco had the resistors already in place.
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i believe the vco is the only one they do it with

have you built the vco?

nope. not yet. that's way cool. i'll be grabbin one up soon enough.

i love having two. but i want 3. hyper
Muff Wiggler
i love having four, but i want 6 hyper
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i want 6 hyper

so do i actually. i just figure i'll keep the anticipation of having 6 to a minimum until i'm actually close to having 6.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1