MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular Synth Basics! Cases, power, modules, CV?! Come in :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Modular Synth Basics! Cases, power, modules, CV?! Come in :)
Happiness Forever
Mmmmm.... so tasty delicious.
These are such an amazing help to a n00b like me!
THANK YOU!!
Hobbes
flx
Awesome! Thanks for watching! Feel free to ask questions if you have any smile
garlic_monster
Complete modular noob here. I have an analog sequencer with CV on the way, a Korg Ms20 mini along with other synths and would like to get into modular one module at a time as my budget is very low. Can you please recommend some necessary first modules to buy to use as FX with my other synths, or modules that can utilize the filter and other areas of the MS20? Thanks!

Oh! And I have a doepfer 6U rackmount case.
flx
Two cheap but fun effects are the Doepfer A-189-1 VC Bit Modifier and the Doepfer A-125 VC Phaser. Both can be controlled via CV (From your sequencer, lfo, VCO,etc) . Modulating the phaser at audio rate is really fun for example.

You could also buy a VCO to feed into your MS20, but then you might need a converter like the English Tear module to convert from the MS20 hz/v pitch tracking to the modular v/oct one. Otherwise you can't play it from the ms20 keyboard in tune. (Edit: you can still play the VCO in tune using the CV sequencer though).

Have you made an account on modulargrid.net? Check that out and also do a filter search for effect modules there smile

Here's a link to the search results. You can narrow it down by choosing narrower modules and/or manufacturers (make noise, Doepfer, intellijel, RYO, synthrotek, etc.)
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor= &SearchFunction=20&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod=m ax&SearchBuildtype=b&SearchMarketplace=&SearchIsmodeled=&SearchShowoth ers=1&order=newest
brhmh
hi there,

I'm new on this forum and new in the eurorack modular world, but already hooked!
My current setup is a 3U 84hp rack powered by a tiptop uzeus. My rack is almost full, so I'm thinking of making another 84hp rack.
I came across the rowpower. Can I daisychain it to the uzeus? Or do I need two rowpowers?

thanx in advance!
flx
Hmmm, I don't think I'd do that. I would only run the uZeus with its own power brick and not from a Row Power. Check your power consumption for both cases too before trying something like that. Maybe just get a new Row Power with its own brick for the second case (keep power consumption in mind here too).
unau
Cool, found many interesting!
AntDickinson
This thread has been really useful... Thanks people. 8_)
Raveslma
Awesome thread, awesome videos. Super helpful and clear. we're not worthy
brhmh
thanx for the reply flx!

that helps.
flx
Glad I could help! Thanks for checking out the videos and this thread everyone smile
Dr Venkman
Great videos in the OP, thank you.
kmurph
This was a great help. Even the stuff I knew already it was nice to review. Thanks applause It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
Ayoub
Your videos really helped me understand more about ze eurorack modular ! I think i'm ready now smile Thanks alot !!!! w00t
flx
Thank you very much! I'm really happy that the videos are helpful smile As always, feel free to ask questions here or in the YouTube comments.
monads
Reallly great videos! It's easy to get lost in all this stuff. The one I liked the most was:

#06: How to power a Eurorack System

Understanding the mA capacity and module requirements is something I just didn't bother with before.....I now appreciate and understand different manufactures specs with rack cases and why some cost more than others!

Thanks for taking the time in putting together these videos!
Trees
Thanks for these, They have been really insightful!
I'm just planning my first rack, and I would have had 100s of questions, but this answers a lot of them.
flx
Glad I could help. Go ahead and ask questions in this thread or on muffwiggler in general smile
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Fantastic videos, thank you!
h4ndcrafted
I missed these , would of saved me a few headaches when I started.

To the point, no needless stuff yet all the information a beginner would be asking.

Congrats, time well spent!

You win a Miley Smiley, in fact you win three!

Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus
flx
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus

Awesome! I love Miley Smileys! Thank you! Rockin' Banana!
ModusOp
These are definitely a great place to start, and cleared a few things up for me today in fact.
Wondering if you've considered tackling the subjects of using Logic and also the types of Switches available and how they might function in a patch? smile
JustinKase
Great resources for a beginner. Great job.
imabluerobot
Quick beginner question: Do you guys typically unplug your other modules and try new modules on their own to verify they are without power defects? I don't want to accidentally blow up $1500 of electronics. Thank you!
flx
imabluerobot wrote:
Quick beginner question: Do you guys typically unplug your other modules and try new modules on their own to verify they are without power defects? I don't want to accidentally blow up $1500 of electronics. Thank you!

I usually make sure to attach the ribbon cable the correct way before I power my system on. I don't want to risk it, even with just one module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 3 of 16