MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM3030 2.5mm power inlet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author TM3030 2.5mm power inlet
Knowix
I'm just finishing up my TM3030 and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the 2.5mm power inlet?

Planning on getting an order from Farnell soon.

Thanks.
Knowix
Ok. I'm a bit confused now. Whenever I search for chassis mounted AC power jacks, all I get is the common-or-garden "kettle lead" plug.

So do I just use a DC jack rated for the correct AC voltage? Maybe I should go use 24volt DC instead? I wanted to keep the voltage as low as I could, since I'm still inexperienced.
Synthbuilder
This is one I tend to use:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Chassis-Mounting-Single-H ole-Fixing-DC-Power-Socket-400550

You can buy either 2.1mm or 2.5mm types. Choose the one that suits your power supply.

Tony
Knowix
Thanks!
Knowix
Just another question about this. The socket you mentioned there is only rated for 12 volts. If I use a 24 volt power supply, I definitely have to get one rated for that voltage right?
Synthbuilder
That socket will be fine. The rating is for 1A at 12V which is its maximum current rating. The voltage is there simply to let us know what the voltage can be at that particular current. The socket will be able to deal with a much higher voltage, but you'll stress the socket if you take a higher current than 1A.

Tony
Knowix
Thanks again.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1