MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Mos-Lab module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author New Mos-Lab module
Spiked Lunch
A funky ring mod

Spiked Lunch
It's massive! woah
sandyb
it is indeed!

mike - try uploading the picture again and setting the "custom size" to about 800 or 900 - it shouldn't come out as the world's first 10U high module then smile

sandy
Spiked Lunch
Thanks Sandy oops
JohnLRice
Thats a great looking module! w00t
SynthBaron
Where's da MP3z?
Spiked Lunch
there be none hmmm.....

Looks pretty cool though and it's a tad more exciting than the dotcom ring mod.
bwhittington
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "harmonic processor" suggest to you? It looks like a clipper with a dedicated (simple) LFO, a built-in ring mod, and some kind of mixing function (symmetry?). Or is that graphic suggesting a feedback loop? Maybe the symmetry knob controls that?

I could see how that processes "harmonics," and it is a striking module. While it is certainly more interesting that the pretty boring Dotcom ring mod, until I hear one I'm not sure I understand the function that 2 or 3 far cheaper Dotcom modules wouldn't already do better.

While still garnering a bit of my gear lust, this thing is north of $400 and kinda big. I wish someone would produce Yusynth's single-width balanced modulator design.

Cheers,
Brian
yusynth
The so-called harmonic processor is a voltage controlled clipper, the clipping level can be either controlled by the internal LFO or an external source. The harmonic processor is connected in series with the ring modulator and there is switch to use or by-pass the ring modulator.

Concerning the yusynth ring mod, bridechamber is proposing a kit but unfortunately do not provide a front panel for it.

http://www.bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Yu_RingMod.html
bwhittington
yusynth wrote:
The so-called harmonic processor is a voltage controlled clipper, the clipping level can be either controlled by the internal LFO or an external source.

That's pretty much what I was guessing. In which case, a Q130 + Q116 is far more versatile and less than half the price. You lose the internal LFO (triangle wave only) but gain a way cooler clipper, the rectifier, and you have enough money left to buy a Q106. The Mos-Lab module looks awesome, though.

yusynth wrote:
Concerning the yusynth ring mod, bridechamber is proposing a kit but unfortunately do not provide a front panel for it.

Would you be offended if someone organized a not-for-profit group-buy of dotcom format panels using your design? I don't know if anyone else would go nuts for that, but I'd love it.

Cheers,
Brian
yusynth
Quote:
Would you be offended if someone organized a not-for-profit group-buy of dotcom format panels using your design? I don't know if anyone else would go nuts for that, but I'd love it.

I would not be offended provided this is a not-for-profit group-buy.
Peake
Thanks to YuSynth, Moon, Mos-Labs, and others for keeping the Moog format healthy and interesting!
Henfield
yusynth wrote:
Quote:

I would not be offended provided this is a not-for-profit group-buy.

Brian, this would be great if someone could get these printed up. I have looked at the Yusynth module and the Curetronic 150M as an add-on to my dotcom setup.
JohnLRice
Peake wrote:
Thanks to YuSynth, Moon, Mos-Labs, and others for keeping the Moog format healthy and interesting!

+1! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1